NEWS: X³ 2.0: Bala Gi Research Missions - download now!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

xierxior
x3

Post by xierxior » Thu, 19. Jul 07, 22:39

is it possible to mod out either the resource requirements or the money requirements to make building ships a little easier? or is it hard coded?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 19. Jul 07, 23:04

Please ask modding-related questions in the Scripts and Modding forum.

fred3535
x3

Post by fred3535 » Sun, 22. Jul 07, 17:50

just down loaded it lookimg forward to playing the mission cheers

Krouer
x3

Post by Krouer » Tue, 24. Jul 07, 17:24

Does M3+ available after Bala Gi or can be at any time?

I ask because I experiment what related below on my plot game:

I received the invite to start the Bala Gi but I was on the path to make the survey mission on the Yaki sector. I did the Yaki mission and now Paranid are not my best friend ;) I did also the Don's daughter rescue mission before I notice Eclipse was available in Argon Prime for the M1 rank (I don't have).
More, I was visiting Farnham Legend after the daughter had tell me to wait for her when I encounter a Split weapon trader flying on an Eclipe. I engaged him after he goes red because he did not like I scan its cargo and I manage to capture it. So I fly in an Eclipse but I never did the Bala Gi mission!
BTW, all M3+ are available in good shipyard.

Info: I started the game 3 weeks ago directly with CD + patch to 2.0.02 + bonus pack 3.1.06. I never dock to the station were I was invited to do in the message only one my mk3 trader did because it was badly hurt by pirates in the nearby sectors but I had visit the sector.

After reading forums, I think I benefit of a game bug, don't you? Did others have notice same behavior?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 24. Jul 07, 18:03

Eclipse is available before the Bala Gi missions start, both to you and NPCs, and the LX will also appear right from the beginning of the game. Medusa and Chimera shouldn't be--are you saying you can buy those before doing Bala Gi?

Krouer
x3

Post by Krouer » Tue, 24. Jul 07, 20:53

Sorry, I was mean it is because I was sure to have seen the Chimera but I check my game and don't found it again. Perhaps, I had not look to carrefully.

I'm glad to see it's normal to meet Eclipse but I was sure to not seen them sold at Argon Prime before the message bumped. Now, I'm not sure at all. :oops:

5i1
x3tc

Post by 5i1 » Wed, 25. Jul 07, 08:21

Eclipse is available before the Bala Gi missions start, both to you and NPCs, and the LX will also appear right from the beginning of the game. Medusa and Chimera shouldn't be--are you saying you can buy those before doing Bala Gi?
I don't rememeber seeing the Eclipse or any of the other M3+ ship until I got the Mission in the Unknown Sector.

ShadowSlayer56

Post by ShadowSlayer56 » Wed, 25. Jul 07, 08:31

how long is this mission after you find the first
Spoiler
Show
unknown sector
?? it just seems to keep dragging on and on (prbably because i had to fight through 50 xenon squads just to get to the guy who tells you where to find the BPs

malcor
x2

Post by malcor » Thu, 9. Aug 07, 20:08

the eclipse i have seen in first 3 hours which i then preceded to cap :) so i now start of doing 3 rd mission onwards in an eclipse in extreme :)

not done this mission as of yet looking forward 2 it :)

hawkz25

Post by hawkz25 » Sun, 12. Aug 07, 02:43

I gather you need a sizeable force to complete the BG missions? I shot around in a fast m5 and found what I needed to, but to get back out with baggage would be impossible! Do i need to bring a stronger fleet? (Think I answered my own Q! :P )

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 12. Aug 07, 08:16

You shouldn't need a sizeable fleet, realistically--unless a lot of pirates happen to have spawned in Maelstrom in your game, that is. I've done this mission several times and the main opposition was the scripted opposition, which isn't that hard to take out so long as you're in at least an M3.

malcor
x2

Post by malcor » Mon, 13. Aug 07, 20:27

i went straight into extreme mode and i had a lot of khak and pirates on my way back i used the abandond m3 and used a teleporter in this and an exlipse i capped any like nova ect would do then when pirates show up transport into fighter take em out then transport back and carry on towing made it VERY easy.

Jonus Angelus
x4

Post by Jonus Angelus » Sun, 26. Aug 07, 23:23

anyone knows if it's possible to move a station from one sector to another using the tractor beam ?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 26. Aug 07, 23:49

No, it is not possible to move stations between sectors.

Romas

Post by Romas » Sat, 1. Sep 07, 23:27

it's great. i really like owning the player HQ. :)

xxbluedragonxx

Post by xxbluedragonxx » Sun, 2. Sep 07, 12:58

Spoiler
Show
Bit of a silly question but the "Place an Adv. Sat in Xenon Sector" mission I went in there and eyes went wide from the massive number of Xenons in there including capital ships. I noticed some hapless NPC trader had wandered in there too, which promptly got blown to bits which got me wondering; would there be any reason for my UT's to go into this sector or through it? I have an explorer ship exploring the sectors to the north...

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 2. Sep 07, 17:19

Generally your UTs wouldn't go into such a sector unless they were (a) below level 12 and thus not using their jumpdrives or (b) they ran into problems trading in, say, Scale Plate Green, and jumped to escape to Eighteen Billion--they always fly through normal jumpgates back to their original sector when they do this, and guess which sector is right inbetween those two?

jfkefferson
x3

Post by jfkefferson » Mon, 3. Sep 07, 12:55

but dont your traders not venture into enemy sectors no matter what?
ie set Argon to enemies in their comands and they wont go there
or are UTs really that stupid????

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 3. Sep 07, 14:26

jfkefferson wrote:or are UTs really that stupid????
Yes, they are.

Various scripts can make them less stupid though.

marte05
x4

Post by marte05 » Mon, 17. Sep 07, 15:34

I was wondring, can enyone tell me what are the conditions for the Bala Gi Research Missions to kick in? thanks a lot, sorry for the disturbance :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”