NEWS: X³ 2.0: Bala Gi Research Missions - download now!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

kmiller1610
x3tc

Post by kmiller1610 » Mon, 27. Nov 06, 23:22

The new patch is totally wonderful, but I have a complaint (tounge firmly in cheek). I really resent all those new users who are playing an X game for the first time who can experience X3 as a complete realization of the new king of Space empire building, without all the mis-steps and baby steps of the past year. So I'm just going to have to erase my memory and start my fourth X3 game with a fresh perspective...

:)

Hagar
x4

Post by Hagar » Tue, 28. Nov 06, 01:28

:x3: Fantastic. The upgrade is excellent. Lots of new goodies, lots of new fights, and lots of new fun. Makes X3 come alive again. Thanks Egosoft!

YBnorml
x3

Post by YBnorml » Tue, 28. Nov 06, 09:20

Wondering if anyone else has experanced this

Playing as a non-plot trader game ,no mods I have the M7 and HQ. I have mapped at least 95% of the Uni. Have been taking out everything thats red. I'm friends with all the races and have a police lience for each of them. I have cleaned out all the pirates around Brennan's Trumph, Have removed all the bases around all these areas 2 or 3 times over now sence they keep respawning which is no worries. This is where it gets weard. In versions before 2.0.0.2 if you took out a pirate base or 2 all Pirate bases would turn red and never let you be friends.

I have blown up at least 20 Pirate bases by now. My fight rank is Assassin 22% Trading rank is Super-Magnate of 23% But all the Pirate bases are still friends with me and only turn red when I fire on them. Pirates themselfs that are running around in there will fire on me on sight

Granted I do have my setting for pirates as friends but the bases just won't turn against me and go red no matter what my settings are.

Thanks
Virtual is reality...
Y B Nor M/L

Lethal Mitch
xr

Post by Lethal Mitch » Tue, 28. Nov 06, 11:09

VBnorml wrote;
In versions before 2.0.0.2 if you took out a pirate base or 2 all Pirate bases would turn red and never let you be friends.
Are you sure? This hasn't happened to me tbh. If i fire on a pirate base it becomes red sure enough but the others remain friendly. The new version hasn't changed anything, in that way, that I have noticed.

What I have seen, is when one of my patrols take out a few pirates in a sector with a pirate base, i.e New Income, it will go red but later changes back to friendly. It has always been like this though, pre and post 2.0.2.

YBnorml
x3

Post by YBnorml » Tue, 28. Nov 06, 11:42

Weard because in my games they all turned red on me. Not that I'm complaing it's nice to be able to keep going to the pirate bases. In this game I never had the bases turn red while fighting pirates in the same sector. The one in New income has always been blue and trust me I have taken out alot of pirates in that sector.

Oh well no worries still having a blast in there!
Virtual is reality...
Y B Nor M/L

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Tue, 28. Nov 06, 13:48

This is where it gets weard. In versions before 2.0.0.2 if you took out a pirate base or 2 all Pirate bases would turn red and never let you be friends.
Actually what probably happened is either you engaged the pirates too close to a base (which'll make them declare you hostile), or your freind/foe settings marked the pirate bases hostile even though they weren't.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Tue, 28. Nov 06, 17:52

If you tell the playership (the one your in) to attack all enemies, and some of them happen to be pirates, it will set the Pirate FoF to Foe. Standard proceedure.

Same if you tell it to attack any specific race ship.
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

YBnorml
x3

Post by YBnorml » Tue, 28. Nov 06, 23:21

Jakesnake5 wrote:If you tell the playership (the one your in) to attack all enemies, and some of them happen to be pirates, it will set the Pirate FoF to Foe. Standard proceedure.

Same if you tell it to attack any specific race ship.
Thank you all for your thoughts on this. I agree that yes this could have been the case thinking back to those games.

Ugg 46% more and I will be able to buy my first capital ships can't wait! I have 2 Xenon M2's hanging out in Family Whi that just won't leave the trade lanes alone.
Virtual is reality...
Y B Nor M/L

Century Child
x3

Post by Century Child » Wed, 29. Nov 06, 12:11

All Right! Just started downloading the update, this is just what i needed to get me playing X3 again. Specially the override-softwares scrambler seems useful, and the new ships should b nice too? The X-Universe has the best community and support for real!

trisha
x3

Post by trisha » Thu, 30. Nov 06, 04:46

what is the sector that you find the BORON SCIENTIST BALA GI
is in ( KINGDOM END OR QUEEN`S SPACE ) ?
The game requires too much up memory,
my computer is too limited for this
more than 300 mb required

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 30. Nov 06, 08:22

You don't "find" him anywhere. Where you receive the message to start the Bala Gi missions (which can happen anywhere, at any time--you don't need to be in a specific place for that to happen) you'll be told where you have to go.

darrigez
x3

Post by darrigez » Fri, 1. Dec 06, 09:18

Hi,
I've a question:
i 've installed the patch 2.02, but i've started game free (without story line). I've the possibilty to do new mission with Bala Gi. or i must restart??
Please answer me !
Thank you

Blueneon
x4

Post by Blueneon » Fri, 1. Dec 06, 10:33

Hello Beautiful update.

Does it add Dual Core support to the game or can this not be done?

Thank You

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 1. Dec 06, 10:50

The game runs fine on a dual-core setup but only gains a very small amount from running on such a system since the game itself will only use one core, the gain being from other non-game processes running in the background being shunted off to the other core by Windows.

Changing the game engine to use more than one core is not something that is going to happen in a patch.

Astra
x2

Post by Astra » Fri, 1. Dec 06, 19:35

with the new patch installed Avarice was returned back to me. I won it at the auction for a very hefty price but later was invaded by Teladies setting their station. Now the station was surrounded to me and I have two at once in one place.
HQ - did not allow to redesign the ships but only copy them (not even copy; all upgrades/weapons are removed)

I copied Arrow - you cannot buy it anywhere; tried to hunt for Xenon capital ships to copy them but HAT scipt stopped working; eh

Blueneon
x4

Post by Blueneon » Sat, 2. Dec 06, 16:34

Thank You for the Responce.

Was just wondering if X4 would support Dual or Multi Core.

I amsume it would.

Thank You

zore
x3

Post by zore » Sat, 2. Dec 06, 21:06

Concussion Impulse Generator. I've been playing for a while and have yet to come across one of these. Any help would be appreciated.

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Sat, 2. Dec 06, 23:59

As said before, you acn only find those in wrecks or when capping ships, no factory or sales in EQ.
SCUM : They may exceed you in number, but not in value.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sun, 3. Dec 06, 02:18

Actually, I think there are about 20 'floating' around in pairs out there. Just takes hunting for them.
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

stevo69

Post by stevo69 » Sun, 3. Dec 06, 07:08

hey is there like ia guild for this mob like to tell you how to do the mission as im stack were you have to find that guy with the blue prints for your HQ were you have to go to the 2 unknow sectors atfer maelstrom.

like i went there were it say that he went west of mealstrom and then south to a other unknow secotr but what am i looking for anyway like could somone give me some hints plz.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”