NEWS: X³ 2.0: Bala Gi Research Missions - download now!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mercuryry
x3

Post by mercuryry » Mon, 5. Feb 07, 12:56

well all the ships i described are identified as M5.And the speed of the yatch is not upgradable.And the max shield it can carry is 1MJ shield.And the fact that the m3 i was given (which is recognised as m5) has the SAME shape with the yatch!these ships are small and by any no means could they carry two docked ships.I acquired the yatch from the second unknown sector south west of malestorm.Maybe i have to modify it somehow?Can i find photographs of the yatch to compare?Anyone else who had the same problem maybe can help?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 5. Feb 07, 13:01

sounds like the entry for the ships are not in TShips.

are you using any mods ?

mercuryry
x3

Post by mercuryry » Mon, 5. Feb 07, 13:20

yes i do use a mod.I dont remember its name.It was at the newsboard some months ago i think dy a guy named redarrow however i am not sure that was the name.It adds some ships and a station that can built ships.

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Mon, 5. Feb 07, 14:19

mercuryry wrote:yes i do use a mod.I dont remember its name.It was at the newsboard some months ago i think dy a guy named redarrow however i am not sure that was the name.It adds some ships and a station that can built ships.
It seems the DDRS mod, I suggest you go to the scripting forum and check the thread for that mod, what you are describing is an incompatibility between mod and patch; you should download the latest version of the mod and read carefully the instructions because it might require a restart (i.e. starting a new game).
"For the love of the Fish-Queen!"

NavyAICS
x3tc

Post by NavyAICS » Mon, 12. Feb 07, 04:04

I've got a question about restarts... if you had a situation where you had to start a new game but you've got all the latest updates and mods (i.e. Bala Gi's, ship mods, etc.) would you have to wait until you beat the storyline game before you can do the Bala Gi's missions?

Reason I'm asking is because I'm thinking about starting over and just wanted to know what I'm getting into before I decide to do that.
TRAMPLE THE WEAK, HURDLE THE DEAD!

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Mon, 12. Feb 07, 11:59

would you have to wait until you beat the storyline game before you can do the Bala Gi's missions?
No.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Flybye
x3tc

Post by Flybye » Tue, 13. Feb 07, 00:23

Ok ready for the biggest nublet question of all?

How the heck do you start these missions? LOL
I started the game as a Bankrupt Assassin.

Flybye
x3tc

Post by Flybye » Tue, 13. Feb 07, 02:25

LOL Nevermind. FAQ owned me.

Admiral-Dyroi
x4

Post by Admiral-Dyroi » Wed, 21. Feb 07, 14:37

I may have found a not so good problem with the newer ship models.

I reverse engineered the Eclipse and finally made a few...i cant equip any shields at all but it says max shield is 1X125mj I am running a vanilla game as far as mods no extra ships but i do have anarks fleet commands script...but i dont see how that would effect a production bug.

I have tried going through gates re loading the game and it dosent fix it, right now i am reverse engineering the Hypernia? Hypernion? whatever the dukes yatche i hope i dont have any issues with that one, i an just using the shieldless eclipses as carrier supplies with my elephant they do supply runs and horde the resource on the elephant then i jump back to hq and dump it off, works well they can hold 350 units.

MoonHeadJohn
x3

Post by MoonHeadJohn » Wed, 21. Feb 07, 22:37

Can someone please tell me where to go to do the new missions?

I haven't played in quite some time, and thanks to this patch I suddenly want the HQ and my own ships :D
SNAKES ON A PLANE FTW!!!!

Admiral-Dyroi
x4

Post by Admiral-Dyroi » Thu, 22. Feb 07, 01:23

you dont go anywhere to get the mission you have to have acertain amount of things done, check the FAQ it explains it all. They send you a message with a meeting place when you meet all the requirements.

MoonHeadJohn
x3

Post by MoonHeadJohn » Thu, 22. Feb 07, 20:25

OK I know what I need now... thing is I need money to get it... any tips for someone with about 500,000?

I've been using some of the ships I found to take passengers on the tour of a lifetime to get about 25,000 at a time... thats the only good one I can think of so far...

Admiral-Dyroi
x4

Post by Admiral-Dyroi » Fri, 23. Feb 07, 03:01

the fastest way is cap small fighters and sell them until you get atleast 5 mill that might be enough to setup a space weed factory that can get you some good cash if you set it up in the right location, also space fuel is good money but not as good as space weed.

mrgnash
x3

Post by mrgnash » Fri, 23. Feb 07, 11:23

Kudos Egosoft, I don't think too many other developers would provide such a cool set of additions for free :)

MoonHeadJohn
x3

Post by MoonHeadJohn » Fri, 23. Feb 07, 15:34

Admiral-Dyroi wrote:the fastest way is cap small fighters and sell them until you get atleast 5 mill that might be enough to setup a space weed factory that can get you some good cash if you set it up in the right location, also space fuel is good money but not as good as space weed.

Thanks for the tip dude this will help me shed loads :D

any other ideas on top of this one? Oh and whats the cost and best place for a space weed factory?

Admiral-Dyroi
x4

Post by Admiral-Dyroi » Sat, 24. Feb 07, 03:56

Ok for a proper first starting factory you need...

Bliss Place M 1.58mill(Seizwell)
Dream Farm L 818k(Seizwell)
Complex construction kit 300k (Seizwell)

Read spoiler for best location.
Spoiler
Show
The best place for any factories is the unknown sector in between Montalaar&New Income you have Argon Boron and Teladi within 3 jumps making you a prime dealer in the universe.

Shuttenbach
x4

Post by Shuttenbach » Sun, 25. Feb 07, 10:05

Hello.

As i can see, one of the "Bala Gi Missions" requirements is to own a station and several millions of credits. As i understand, only extra large transports (like Mammoth) can buy and carry stations, and these transport ships cost around 30 million. Am i missing something or it is really not possible to build your first station until you earn enough to buy TL-class ship?

Thanks in advance.

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Sun, 25. Feb 07, 10:13

YOu can hire a TL aswell. just find one roaming the universe, comm it, contact captain, ask it to transport smthng., then ask it to move to shipyard, wait till it docks, dock yourself, buy station, load it in the TL, comm it again, ask captain to follow you, move to where you want your station, wait till TL comes, comm it again, ask capt. to drop freight, a sector map appears, select the position of your station with nupad keys 1 thru 9 except 5, press enter. done.

Shuttenbach
x4

Post by Shuttenbach » Sun, 25. Feb 07, 13:15

Thanks, looks like it works :)

MoonHeadJohn
x3

Post by MoonHeadJohn » Wed, 28. Feb 07, 12:36

X2-Eliah wrote:YOu can hire a TL aswell. just find one roaming the universe, comm it, contact captain, ask it to transport smthng., then ask it to move to shipyard, wait till it docks, dock yourself, buy station, load it in the TL, comm it again, ask captain to follow you, move to where you want your station, wait till TL comes, comm it again, ask capt. to drop freight, a sector map appears, select the position of your station with nupad keys 1 thru 9 except 5, press enter. done.

Why can't you use 5?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”