NEWS: X³ 2.0: Bala Gi Research Missions - download now!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Asmayus
x3

Post by Asmayus » Tue, 10. Apr 07, 11:51

w00t 600th reply :lol: :D :lol:

Sorry, I mean, Bala Gi Missions are cool, keep up the good work ES!! :wink:

Rmesh
x3

Post by Rmesh » Tue, 17. Apr 07, 17:28

It seems many players find this hard. Maybe I was just lucky or maybe its a bug but I found an alternative way to complete this part of the mission:
Spoiler
Show
When I wanted to lure enemyships away I flew off the map (to bottom left) and dropped a normal satellite hoping the Xenon ships would go after it so I could place the advanced sattelite... But on the moment I unloaded the normal satellite I got the message that thanked me for my help and this part of the mission was completed! I never needed to place the advanced satellite in the middle :D
[/quote]

All I did was buy an Octupus, threw some nitrus in it and remotely flew it into the center. Satellite released when it got there and then got the crap blew out of it, but I was only out less than 100k.

Diablo90

Game

Post by Diablo90 » Thu, 26. Apr 07, 21:16

how can i play this game? where to get game client?
blabla

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Game

Post by CBJ » Fri, 27. Apr 07, 00:13

Diablo90 wrote:how can i play this game? where to get game client?
Erm, you seem to be a little confused. First of all this is a thread about an update to X3, not a new game. And second X3 is a single-player game, not an multi-player online game so there is no "game client" as such. You can buy it in the usual places: shops or online stores.

Stratified
x3

Post by Stratified » Thu, 17. May 07, 09:55

OK, after reading 35 pages of this forum and skimming the rest I have found no reference to this particular problem. In the third stage(I think) of the Bala Gi missions ...
Spoiler
Show

Go to Great Trench and speak to the Boron at the Royal Boron Research Station, only that sector is one that the Ka'ak have moved into early in my game, and the only station there is a factory of some sort that is under attack. I remember running into that station before the invasion (not literally), and returning to find it destroyed later on
Any suggestions?

Nevermind . . . . . reloaded, returned and there it was . . under attack by a Ka'ak Destroyer, but there nonetheless.

Chronos Paradox

Post by Chronos Paradox » Sun, 20. May 07, 18:39

One question: are the bala gi missions and goodies (M7, HQ) also available in custom galaxy games? (non plot)
-Paradox Imperial Fleet-
"Waging war for peace."
(Donations welcome!)

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 21. May 07, 12:50

This has been asked and answered several times already, and is even in the release notes and the very first post in this thread. Yes, they are available in non-plot games.

Chronos Paradox

Post by Chronos Paradox » Mon, 21. May 07, 17:50

ok, sorry
-Paradox Imperial Fleet-
"Waging war for peace."
(Donations welcome!)

Caldric
x3

Post by Caldric » Sun, 3. Jun 07, 08:49

Man think I will just hold my questions back. Egosoft needs some anger management for its forum people.

Caldric
x3

Re: Game

Post by Caldric » Sun, 3. Jun 07, 08:51

Diablo90 wrote:how can i play this game? where to get game client?
If you ever read this again direct2drive is where I got my copy.

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Sun, 3. Jun 07, 11:08

Caldric wrote:Man think I will just hold my questions back. Egosoft needs some anger management for its forum people.
No, it's customers that need to learn to read, in particular if the answer is in the first post of the thread, in the site FAQ and even in the patch readme.
"For the love of the Fish-Queen!"

Caldric
x3

Post by Caldric » Sun, 3. Jun 07, 11:10

Key word is customer. Sometimes saying nothing is the best route.

Chronos Paradox

Post by Chronos Paradox » Sun, 3. Jun 07, 13:45

OK the dev usually doesn't sound very friendly but I can understand that. After having to hear the same stupid question 10.000 times you get annoyed. Oh, and it isn't very wise to tell them you have an illegal version.
-Paradox Imperial Fleet-
"Waging war for peace."
(Donations welcome!)

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Sun, 3. Jun 07, 14:53

Caldric wrote:Key word is customer. Sometimes saying nothing is the best route.
True for your previous post also, that added nothing to the topic and was just an attempt at trolling, if you have nothing to say then say nothing (unless you are a troll).
"For the love of the Fish-Queen!"

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 3. Jun 07, 15:42

Caldric wrote:Key word is customer. Sometimes saying nothing is the best route.
but saying nothing would make it seem like they are ignoreing ppl with questions.

at least giving a simple post saying where they can find the information they know they have no been ignored and are pointed in the direction of where they can get thier question answered

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 3. Jun 07, 21:37

Please read my reply again. There is no anger there, just factual information. Pointing out the obvious places for people to look for information (announcements, previous posts, the FAQ) helps people to find what they are looking for quickly next time around rather than having to ask and wait for a reply, and also helps others who have yet to post. If someone occasionally feels a little silly once this is pointed out to them then so be it; at least they can avoid the embarrassment next time.

Caldric
x3

Post by Caldric » Mon, 4. Jun 07, 08:49

Going off on someone for using the word Client is a bit much. Especially since the player is from Riga where I dare say some words in english could be a bit confused. Could just be me though.

But whatever I just pointed out it sounded harsh and I noticed the guy never asked again where he could find your product. I wasn't being an ass just pointing something out.

dterror

Post by dterror » Mon, 4. Jun 07, 09:47

Chronos Paradox wrote: Oh, and it isn't very wise to tell them you have an illegal version.
Last I checked, Direct2Drive is not a source of illegal anything. That would be like saying that my Steam copy of X3 is illegal because I downloaded it via the Steam client instead of ordering it from the Egosoft webstore, or going out to BestBuy and picking up a copy. It is simply another source to purchase the game legitimately.

Chronos Paradox

Post by Chronos Paradox » Mon, 4. Jun 07, 14:55

Ok, I didn't know that - sorry.
-Paradox Imperial Fleet-
"Waging war for peace."
(Donations welcome!)

Crazypagey
x3

Post by Crazypagey » Mon, 4. Jun 07, 16:56

Caldric wrote:Going off on someone for using the word Client is a bit much. Especially since the player is from Riga where I dare say some words in english could be a bit confused. Could just be me though.

But whatever I just pointed out it sounded harsh and I noticed the guy never asked again where he could find your product. I wasn't being an ass just pointing something out.
You can say one thing any number of different ways, and each way will be interpretted differently by each person. Its clear that a moderator is not going to be deliberately mean to someone who has made an error because that would drive people away, its just that you have interpretted the tone of the message differently to how some other people might.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand - Loving the Bala Gi missions, happily cruising around in my shiny new M7, but now i have to try and raise the cash for the PHQ........

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”