NEWS: X³ 2.0: Bala Gi Research Missions - download now!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 25. Nov 06, 17:07

Has your HQ run out of space by any chance? It has a total space limit of 500,000 units of cargo.

zore
x3

Post by zore » Sat, 25. Nov 06, 17:09

CBJ wrote:Has your HQ run out of space by any chance? It has a total space limit of 500,000 units of cargo.
DING! Thanks. I hadn't even noticed.

T. C.
x4

Post by T. C. » Sun, 26. Nov 06, 01:36

softweir wrote:

This is almost certainly due to an incompatibility with a mod, or possibly a corrupt download. There are several mods which create new ships and use the slot EgoSoft has used for the yacht, thus causing it to be invisible and hard to tow.

There is only one solution to mod incompatibility, and that is to deactivate the mod and lose the additional ships it provides. You may or may not be able to use a savegame that has been affected by the mod, I can't help with that.

If you are absolutely certain you aren't using any mods then I suggest you re-download the 2.0.02 patch and see if that makes the yacht reappear. If you use the BitTorrent download then you can instruct the BitTorrent client to save over your existing download, and it will check the download and re-download only damaged portions of the file. You then need to reinstall the patch!

Hope this fixes it. If not, ask for more help in Technical Support.

Thanks for your help, you were correct about the ship mods. I deactivated them out and had to go back to a save before I installed them and it works. No problem with towing through the gate now.

Goon
x3

Post by Goon » Sun, 26. Nov 06, 20:47

Just want to post my thanks here to Egosoft for X3 and all its updates. This game has literally been a dream come true for me, having been a fan of the 'Elite' style games ever since I played it back on the BBC micro. I've spent many intrigued and fun filled hours engrossed in X3, I cannot think of any other game that I have had greater value from, than this.

OUTSTANDING WORK! 8)

In the words of Ali G... Big up yourselves Egosoft! :)

zooze
xr

Post by zooze » Sun, 26. Nov 06, 22:08

Goon wrote:Just want to post my thanks here to Egosoft for X3 and all its updates. This game has literally been a dream come true for me, having been a fan of the 'Elite' style games ever since I played it back on the BBC micro. I've spent many intrigued and fun filled hours engrossed in X3, I cannot think of any other game that I have had greater value from, than this.

OUTSTANDING WORK! 8)

In the words of Ali G... Big up yourselves Egosoft! :)
And I for one certainly second that :)

Zoozer

TheBypasser
x3

Post by TheBypasser » Mon, 27. Nov 06, 03:08

Great patch, a real present for me for sure - good new craft, HQ and other improvements - but still with a few problems still not fixed..
1. The "floating shoreline" effect (planet shader mistake causing the watery layer to move out of sync with the land one, can be best seen in Emperor Mines for example, but actually in nearly every sector - especially with 10x SETA) is still there..
2. The khaakpits lod bug + missing engine pod on Khaak fighters still persists..
3. No missile flares, but it's my moaning in fact ;)
4. New mission once too easy - need more enemy craft for sure!
5. Capship explosions - that's just ridiculous ;) (waiting for better explos + debris to remain, like with stations..)
6. Xenon stations and pirate bases still leave no wrecks, unlike other installations..
Attach the nails and electrodes!

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Mon, 27. Nov 06, 08:44

TheBypasser wrote:1. The "floating shoreline" effect (planet shader mistake causing the watery layer to move out of sync with the land one, can be best seen in Emperor Mines for example, but actually in nearly every sector - especially with 10x SETA) is still there..
2. The khaakpits lod bug + missing engine pod on Khaak fighters still persists..
3. No missile flares, but it's my moaning in fact ;)
4. New mission once too easy - need more enemy craft for sure!
5. Capship explosions - that's just ridiculous ;) (waiting for better explos + debris to remain, like with stations..)
6. Xenon stations and pirate bases still leave no wrecks, unlike other installations..
These are not bugs:

1) Stop staring at the planets unless you enter the atmosphere :twisted:
2) There is NOTHING wrong with the Kha'ak LoD. What you're missing is those 'pods' that you think are for engines, are actually WEAPON pods. They show mounted weapons.
3) Missiles can have trails. Having 'flares' would become annoying very quickly
4) Which mission are you talking about. Try it in a Disco :twisted: :twisted:
5) If you want better explosions, you can mod them yourself. Ships won't leave debris because they blow themselves apart
6) Pirate Bases are technically a TL cap ships, see above. Xenon Stations are instantly recycled for construction of the next station upon their destruction.

Also, X3 has reached EoL (End of Life). I wouldn't expect any more fixes.
Last edited by Jakesnake5 on Mon, 27. Nov 06, 09:52, edited 1 time in total.
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 27. Nov 06, 09:01

Strictly speaking number 1 is a bug. ;)

jl1aisbett
x4

Post by jl1aisbett » Mon, 27. Nov 06, 11:56

Jakesnake5 wrote:X3 has reached EoL (End of Life). I wouldn't expect any more fixes.
The technical statement was no more features will be added, bug fixes may or may not continue (I imagine it depends on the bugs). I highly doubt the planet bug as described above is worth the effort of fixing.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Mon, 27. Nov 06, 12:14

Technically, there weren't supposed to be any fixes in Bala Gi. But since there were, now everybody expects their pet peeves to be handled.
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

stefku2000

Post by stefku2000 » Mon, 27. Nov 06, 13:57

I have finally found that M7 Yacht. I'm not sure if it's always the same, but in my game it was pretty far from the north gate, all way down to south and little bit to east. I used 3 advanced satellites to find it.
One more thing, when you are using tractor beam and cross the gate, just go for a while and the Yacht will come behind you. Don't be confused by your speed :wink:

Oh, if you don't want to be surprised by pirates after finding that M7 Yacht target all other ships around. Those with full shields and pilots sitting in them are pirates that are waiting for you. They start to act as soon you use your tractor beam. So it's better to kill them before they have a chance to attack. :twisted:

stefku2000

Post by stefku2000 » Mon, 27. Nov 06, 13:59

Can anybody tell me, where can I buy that "Software Signature Scrambler"? Seems quite useful :)

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 27. Nov 06, 14:08

Try the BBS in Pirate Bases.

For future reference, if you have just made a post and think of something you want to add to it, you can always edit it rather than posting again.

stefku2000

Post by stefku2000 » Mon, 27. Nov 06, 15:18

Ok, thanks. That's what I thought... :)

TheBypasser
x3

Post by TheBypasser » Mon, 27. Nov 06, 23:00

Jakesnake5 wrote:1) Stop staring at the planets unless you enter the atmosphere :twisted:
lol :P
Jakesnake5 wrote:2) There is NOTHING wrong with the Kha'ak LoD.
Then why can't I see the cockpit on them unless they get far enough for getting another lod value (or on the target monitor where they have a lower detail so the cockpits are displayed)? ;)
Jakesnake5 wrote:What you're missing is those 'pods' that you think are for engines, are actually WEAPON pods. They show mounted weapons.
that's apart from lod lol - actually they are both engines and guns, but the problem is that the M3 class with that problem lacks one kyon, also with no cockpit it looks a bit fubar..
Jakesnake5 wrote:3) Missiles can have trails. Having 'flares' would become annoying very quickly
I'd prefer small glares so a missile would be easyer to be sighted.. But that's just a random thought (it was 6am here lol - and I was just goin' to bed.. ;) ) - actually I don't care much and smoke is enough imo!
Jakesnake5 wrote:4) Which mission are you talking about. Try it in a Disco :twisted: :twisted:
The BGResesarch one of course - and I'll never do it in a Disco as it lacks tractor beams and can't carry nividium :) As for fights, they are easy enough to be done in an m5..
Jakesnake5 wrote:5) If you want better explosions, you can mod them yourself. Ships won't leave debris because they blow themselves apart
Well yeah, I agree - ship debris is for posers - it would be just a lag generator if you fight off a large fleet, but M2 explosion with a size of an M5 explo is just stupid :P
Jakesnake5 wrote:6) Pirate Bases are technically a TL cap ships, see above. Xenon Stations are instantly recycled for construction of the next station upon their destruction.
ok, I believe you :) (but I guess the Xenon stations just turn into a cloud of fusion plasma cus of the reactors they are filled with) Let it remain this way then..
Jakesnake5 wrote:Also, X3 has reached EoL (End of Life). I wouldn't expect any more fixes.
so, X4 is coming next month, am I correct? ;)
Attach the nails and electrodes!

kmiller1610
x3tc

Post by kmiller1610 » Mon, 27. Nov 06, 23:22

The new patch is totally wonderful, but I have a complaint (tounge firmly in cheek). I really resent all those new users who are playing an X game for the first time who can experience X3 as a complete realization of the new king of Space empire building, without all the mis-steps and baby steps of the past year. So I'm just going to have to erase my memory and start my fourth X3 game with a fresh perspective...

:)

Hagar
x4

Post by Hagar » Tue, 28. Nov 06, 01:28

:x3: Fantastic. The upgrade is excellent. Lots of new goodies, lots of new fights, and lots of new fun. Makes X3 come alive again. Thanks Egosoft!

YBnorml
x3

Post by YBnorml » Tue, 28. Nov 06, 09:20

Wondering if anyone else has experanced this

Playing as a non-plot trader game ,no mods I have the M7 and HQ. I have mapped at least 95% of the Uni. Have been taking out everything thats red. I'm friends with all the races and have a police lience for each of them. I have cleaned out all the pirates around Brennan's Trumph, Have removed all the bases around all these areas 2 or 3 times over now sence they keep respawning which is no worries. This is where it gets weard. In versions before 2.0.0.2 if you took out a pirate base or 2 all Pirate bases would turn red and never let you be friends.

I have blown up at least 20 Pirate bases by now. My fight rank is Assassin 22% Trading rank is Super-Magnate of 23% But all the Pirate bases are still friends with me and only turn red when I fire on them. Pirates themselfs that are running around in there will fire on me on sight

Granted I do have my setting for pirates as friends but the bases just won't turn against me and go red no matter what my settings are.

Thanks
Virtual is reality...
Y B Nor M/L

Lethal Mitch
xr

Post by Lethal Mitch » Tue, 28. Nov 06, 11:09

VBnorml wrote;
In versions before 2.0.0.2 if you took out a pirate base or 2 all Pirate bases would turn red and never let you be friends.
Are you sure? This hasn't happened to me tbh. If i fire on a pirate base it becomes red sure enough but the others remain friendly. The new version hasn't changed anything, in that way, that I have noticed.

What I have seen, is when one of my patrols take out a few pirates in a sector with a pirate base, i.e New Income, it will go red but later changes back to friendly. It has always been like this though, pre and post 2.0.2.

YBnorml
x3

Post by YBnorml » Tue, 28. Nov 06, 11:42

Weard because in my games they all turned red on me. Not that I'm complaing it's nice to be able to keep going to the pirate bases. In this game I never had the bases turn red while fighting pirates in the same sector. The one in New income has always been blue and trust me I have taken out alot of pirates in that sector.

Oh well no worries still having a blast in there!
Virtual is reality...
Y B Nor M/L

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”