NEWS: X³ 2.0: Bala Gi Research Missions - download now!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

illusori
x4

Post by illusori » Sun, 12. Nov 06, 14:46

I thought I'd join in, in expressing my appreciation for this great free update, there's plenty in here that many (if not most) companies would have either charged for or held back for a paid-for expansion.

Egosoft's post-launch support truly is second to none, and it certainly helps make sure that each new X release is top of my shopping list when it comes out.

I'd also like to point out the swift Egosoft and moderator forum responses supporting the launch, bearing in mind that it is the weekend.

Great stuff. :)
'Sori

Yskonyn
x4

Post by Yskonyn » Sun, 12. Nov 06, 16:21

I second illusori and on top of that I must say that my personal X3 experience has completely changed with the new patch.
I stopped playing X3 after patch 1.03 due to ongoing performance issues and therefore unable to continue the plot, so it has been quite a while since I had X3 installed actually.

Still, I checked the forums once in a while, but reading reports about the 1.04 patch I never tried updating.

I was looking very much forward to the 2.0 patch, though, especially because of the riddance of Starforce! And man, am I blown away now!

I can finally play the game as it is supposed to be played on my rig. Settings on high and performance smooth as mr. silkman's silk pyjamas!
Thank you Egosoft for reviving that no-doubt fantastic game for me.
It feels like I've just been to the store to pick it up, actually! ;)

Great job on the game and the on-going support! *thumbs up*

[Now back into the cockpit and into the Universe!]
Yskonyn -

bulletstop
x3tc

Post by bulletstop » Sun, 12. Nov 06, 17:04

I too want to say thank you, I love having my shiny new HQ, altho I still need to learn to use it correctly.
I can only say that Egosoft has been doing a bang up job and I will continue to come back and purchase the games due to the fact of the support .
Again thank you and have a great Holiday season.
Bullet

clcabbage
x3tc

Post by clcabbage » Sun, 12. Nov 06, 17:09

Ok , i've patched upto 1.4.02 (bonus pack) and was playing fine. Now I went to patch to 2.0.01 and downloaded 1.4.03 > 2.0.01 [opps] my mistake.. so i go back (using restore point) and download patch 1.4.02 >
1.4.03. and patch 1.4.03 > 2.0.01.....

Same problem still !!!!! get "error 1706" game does not launch, says it needs CD and click OK , i have CD in CPU so i click OK... My game is now broken... !!!!????

Player.
x3tc

Post by Player. » Sun, 12. Nov 06, 17:24

Ok you lost me there... :?

I think your best option would be to:

1) Remove the game completly - all folders

2) Install the game

3) Patch to 1.4.3

4) Install bonus pack

5 ) install 2.0.1
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=183585 - X2 The Threat High Definition Mod - You know you wanna :)

clcabbage
x3tc

Post by clcabbage » Sun, 12. Nov 06, 17:41

[quote="Player."]Ok you lost me there... :?

I think your best option would be to:

1) Remove the game completly - all folders

2) Install the game

3) Patch to 1.4.3

4) Install bonus pack

5 ) install 2.0.1[/quote]

And the save games? will they be compatible, since they'll be 1.4.2 and older? or will this mean i'm starting from scratch again?

P.S. - thanks for the reply

Marijn
x3tc

Post by Marijn » Sun, 12. Nov 06, 17:53

if you make a backup of you're saves and put them back after you've done it all they should work. ( i think )

ps. anyone know where the new sectors are?

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Mon, 13. Nov 06, 02:09

I also had problem, where after installing 1.4.03, then 2.0 over a clean X3 install got the same problem as dlryan and others. At lleast I know the 1.4.03 patch isn't corrupted, as it's been in use for a awhile..

So will try again.

Question: the bonus pack is not required for 2.0 (please say no)??

Thanks,

Hieronymos

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Mon, 13. Nov 06, 03:32

The BP is not required, but if you had it installed in 1.4.03, elements of it are in your saves. If so, it is recommended you install the latest version before patching.
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

DoubleBumFun
x3

Post by DoubleBumFun » Mon, 13. Nov 06, 05:25

I am so happy about this patch because it came out on my birthday! :P

YBnorml
x3

Post by YBnorml » Mon, 13. Nov 06, 05:47

Wow fantastic!

Have the m7 man oh man I'm able to take on a whole cluster with 20 of them buggers trying to take me out and I win!! but what a light show.

Got the hq as well built it and then put a bunch of stuff in there to store to get the stuff out of my TL's OPPS don't stock that place until your ready. Told it not to trade with other races. but befor I knew it all my UTs (23 of them) all started docking at my HQ trying to sale me stuff so they just stayed there and never left. I didn't have any money in the HQ. So went back to the save before building the HQ, will build it again now that I was able to buy my own sector! but won't put any products in the HQ until I Have more stations supplying it. so I can produce my own ships.

Was taking out a pirate base and I was getten clicking and poping sounds while I was taking it out. never got any notice from the argon for do it nor got any incress in my ranking :(

Got fed up with the pirates because they wouldn't offer me any scramber even though I was friends with them :evil:

but this is fantastic it's added a whole new life to the game!
Virtual is reality...
Y B Nor M/L

jan.nico
x3tc

Post by jan.nico » Mon, 13. Nov 06, 06:29

Was taking out a pirate base and I was getten clicking and poping sounds while I was taking it out. never got any notice from the argon for do it nor got any incress in my ranking
I have taken out 2 pirate stations now, trying to up my rep in a race's sector, and recieved no increase, Is it possible to gain increase by doing this a number of times and gaining it by chance??? :?

By the way I'm a noobie to the game (2 weeks ish) and think its an amazing game, the update sounds pretty awsome too. Downloaded it, just need to get my rep up with the races. Any tips on how to increase my rep rapidly would be most appretiated :D

Syndrome
x3tc

Post by Syndrome » Mon, 13. Nov 06, 08:16

I have to cheat (LV's cheats) in a station, 5 million credits, and a Xenon LX once I've started a new game. I'm gonna keep it on SETA to get 10 hours game play. I'm not really cheating though, I had way more than this in my other game. It's really bad not being able to continue from my other game just because I'm running the XFP mod.

I still havn't done the missions though (that's the problem with two people using one computer) so could someone fill me in on what the missions are like please? I've read all about the starbase in the readme, and I wanted to get a look at the M7 so I cheated it in (and then distroyed it). So how do I get the missions once I've got my ten hours?

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Mon, 13. Nov 06, 08:33

If you meet the requirements, you'll get a PM sometime after. Anywhere from 5 mins to 2 hours.

Once that happens, the Argon Eclipse M3+ will be buyable in the AP SY.

Regardless of this, there will be Eclipse and LX's in the Universe. Which means you'll be able to spy them. But take my word for it, you don't want to meet more than 1 LX at the early stages. :D
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

lankspeed
x4

Thank You.

Post by lankspeed » Mon, 13. Nov 06, 09:13

This is to SAY A VERY BIG THANK YOU. :lol:

All those beta testers, Moderators, Contributors, and of Course EGOSOFT.

WELL DONE the new missions and ships are Fantastic.

THANKS

Regards Lankspeed.

SpatryX
x3

Post by SpatryX » Mon, 13. Nov 06, 10:23

Once again Egosoft delivers the goods!!! I am downloading this now and I am confident that it will be well worth the wait! Thanks!!!
[ external image ]

Don't be too proud of this technological terror you have constructed.... The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the FORCE! -Darth Vader

FTB | Screamer
x3tc

Post by FTB | Screamer » Mon, 13. Nov 06, 10:33

Thanks Egosoft! X3 was my first Egosoft game and I must congratulate you on your excellent aftermarket support.
---- Eenheid maak Mag ----

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 13. Nov 06, 10:37

Jakesnake5 wrote:But take my word for it, you don't want to meet more than 1 LX at the early stages. :D
I've seen LX only once so far. In Xenon patrol. OOS. There were a pair of them ... :twisted:

I did try Mine towing. Just latched the beam on the rock and pulled. At full 80 m/s without breaking. SETA 10x is too much, but I still did not break the lock and the mine stabilized when I turned the SETA off. That is one awesome improvement. I did not have time to check if I can rotate a station freely and every possible way, but what the heck, this is already a major bugfix! I would have been happy with just stable 10 m/s. Thank you Ego! :D :D

The Bonuspack (or any other script). If your save has a script running, then it is probably bad to remove the script file. AFAIK the BP provided changes to some stock commands. I also heard that 2.0 might rewrite those commands. If that is true, then 2.0 must overwrite the BP version of those script files. Hence "BP before patch".

Fire_Spy1
x4

Post by Fire_Spy1 » Mon, 13. Nov 06, 10:48

Kinda hard to do that with the steam version. Mine got updated before i got a chance to come here and read that I should of reinstalled the BP..

And I cant be buggered uninstalling and reinstalling. not sure if that wouldnt require a redownloading of the entire game. My game works tho and thats all that matters to me.

Good work egosoft! Your aftersale support is second to none!

Yskonyn
x4

Post by Yskonyn » Mon, 13. Nov 06, 11:18

Why does everyone keep advising to first upgrade to the 1.4.3 patch before going to the 2.0 patch? :?

Just do a clean install, update with the big 1.0 - 2.01 patch and then install the bonus pack. Works like a charm here. :idea:

:wink:
Yskonyn -

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”