Mobile Mining 101

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tocca
x2

Post by Tocca » Mon, 22. Dec 03, 01:03

The asteroid with the highest Oreyeild in X-Tension was.
Spoiler
Show

In the sector Getsu Fune, way east. West of Menalaus Paradise. It yeilds 93! Don't know if it's in X-2 though...yet.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 22. Dec 03, 04:49

Asteriods do re-spawn.

I used to use a vulture but it became a pain in the ass collecting and jumping into the rear turret.

So i got myself a demeter which mounts the drill rig on the front, nice and easy and much quicker.

I hit a few roids then use the special command to pick up the bits of ore/sil.

As this goes on i remote trade and tweak the empire.

Later in the game (where i am now) I have the vulture i bought at first, picking up the stuff as i mine it. And the silicon comes in handy for my 12 crystal fabs :)

It also breaks up the game for me into somwthing more relaxed for an hour or so :)

I'm also flying around destroying the crappy ones in hope bigger yields will come back in their place.
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Mon, 22. Dec 03, 06:21

As LV has said I can also confirm that astroids do respawn and I also destroy any that are below 20 yield. I leave the bigger ones for future mining possibilities.
[MOD]X3TC No Fog / [MOD]X3AP No Fog / [MD]X3TC Menagerie Shipyard / [MD]X3AP Menagerie Shipyard
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

XBTF>XT>X2TT>X3R>X3TC>X3AP>X4F

I lurk alot for the most part now
:thumb_up:

Bazza
x3tc

Post by Bazza » Mon, 22. Dec 03, 07:10

LV wrote:Asteriods do re-spawn.

I'm also flying around destroying the crappy ones in hope bigger yields will come back in their place.
hehe, good thinking... Let me know if it works...

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 22. Dec 03, 11:08

re-spawn happens within 24-36 game hours so soon™ I will find out :)

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 22. Dec 03, 12:18

LV wrote:So i got myself a demeter which mounts the drill rig on the front, nice and easy and much quicker.

I hit a few roids then use the special command to pick up the bits of ore/sil.
I must be an idiot. I stopped doing asteroid mining because I found it tedious in the extreme--I completely forgot it was possible to get software to automatically pick up the ore once you've created it! That would have made the whole process a LOT more bearable, even when using a Vulture's rear-mounted turret to blast the asteroid.

Reckon I'll have to buy another Vulture and try again.

Momaw
x3tc

Post by Momaw » Mon, 22. Dec 03, 14:54

Revised, updated and expanded. Thanks for showing an interest, all :) May this thread become the definitive miner's resource.

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Mon, 22. Dec 03, 15:19

I've had a few repawn already...4 asteroids all crappy between 5 and 8 yield...I'm hoping a big mofo will turn up in next few hours though.
[MOD]X3TC No Fog / [MOD]X3AP No Fog / [MD]X3TC Menagerie Shipyard / [MD]X3AP Menagerie Shipyard
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

XBTF>XT>X2TT>X3R>X3TC>X3AP>X4F

I lurk alot for the most part now
:thumb_up:

raskor414
x2

Post by raskor414 » Mon, 22. Dec 03, 16:16

Logomonta wrote:When I mine I find the following procedure the easiest:

Get navigational command software.
Target the asteroid you want to harvest.
Engage autopilot and the ship will fly to and stop within range of the mining laser automatically without the danger of crashing. Doing this with seti on is quite unnerving at first.
This doesn't work all the time. I've had collisions twice now with this, the first time I just loaded my auto-save... the second time I accidently saved when I meant to load. :doh:
MSI 875P NEO
P4 2.8c w/ HT enabled
1g Crucial PC3200
Radeon 9600XT 128m
SB Live XGamer

lanux
x2

working as a mining team

Post by lanux » Wed, 31. Dec 03, 06:29

Hello all, first post :) what a great game this is!!

Anyways.. I have my little mobile mining operation started and I am making a very nice profit from it so far.

I decided to buy me a 2nd TS in order have one TS collecting wares in sector while i'm mining away. However, I can't seem to setup a way, without custom scripts that is (i dont want to get into that yet), to have my TS go sell the wares after it's carbo bay is full.. I have both trade software installed, special sw, trading ext, nav sw and ore collector ofcourse.

I know that the trade options in the command console are not greyed out if you own a factory and set the TS's home but I'm just wondering if I can have my ore collecting TS collect and then go sell stuff while i'm in miner one (hehe) getting my own carbobay full.

thanks!

Plastique
x2

Post by Plastique » Wed, 31. Dec 03, 08:46

Mining is a pretty decent money maker. My mining op is currently 1 orca supported by 4 dolphins and a caimen that I fly to break up the asteroids. I run around with the caimen and break up most or all of the asteroids in a sector and run seta while the dolphins collect the goods. If there are a large number of asteroids I will break up several at a time rather than all at once so they don't despawn before the dolphins can collect them. I have trade 2 software installed in the dolpins and have their home base set to the orca so when I go to sell I can simply give them the 'sell ware' order which takes out most of the micro management involved with unloading all that ore and silicon. Doing this I can generally make over a million for about 20 to 30 minutes real time, this coupled with factory income from running the SETA is pretty decent. This is my preferred way of making cash until Ego gets the freakin joystick controls fixed, ship captures are better for making money over time but I just get too frustrated with it right now.

I have cleared most of the new southern areas and there are several high yield silicon and ore asteroids down there, including a 72 silicon that people have been talking about. In fact there is one system that is nothing but silicon asteroids, quite a few of them and several with pretty high yields.

On a side note, the way to get AI ships to collect the ore is to install the 'special command' software in them. Once you do this you can instruct them to 'collect wares in sector' and they will pick up the ore bits that are floating around, this command also works if you want a freighter to collect leftovers from ships you are killing (hornet missiles and the like).
Last edited by Plastique on Wed, 31. Dec 03, 09:26, edited 2 times in total.

Pizza
x2

Post by Pizza » Wed, 31. Dec 03, 08:49

Whats the easiest way to accquire one of these paranid demeters early on in the game.. Paranids wont let me dock at there shipping yard.

Plastique
x2

Post by Plastique » Wed, 31. Dec 03, 08:52

Whats the easiest way to accquire one of these paranid demeters early on in the game.. Paranids wont let me dock at there shipping yard.
Pretty much the only way is to kill bad guys in Paranid sectors. Pirate ships are easiest or stray khaak M5's. You can try it with an M5 but its alot easier and goes pretty quick if you're flying an M4. You could also try to capture a demeter but with their shielding its not going to be easy and you'd be pissing off the Paranid even more in the process. If you really want to get into mining early and don't want to wait I'd suggest the vulture, its cargo capacity makes it better than the demeter in a single ship operation anyway IMO.

EDIT: You could also build a factory in Paranid space and as their ships will trade with it regardless of your faction relations you'll slowly go up, but it will be very slow compared to the gains you get from combat.

Pizza
x2

Post by Pizza » Wed, 31. Dec 03, 08:59

thanks plastique,

helped me clear things up :)

jakers
x2

Post by jakers » Wed, 31. Dec 03, 18:23

asteroid asw-61 in the top left corner of ore belt has a silicon yield of 64 I believe.

Ricoman
x2

Post by Ricoman » Wed, 31. Dec 03, 22:43

I guess this is a good place to ask since you all are miners:

Where would you sell nvidium?

I've found a few asteroids of this, and are there nvidium ore mines or do I have to do this manually?

Slocket
x2

Post by Slocket » Thu, 1. Jan 04, 21:43

Used as a secondary resource by Magjelit jewelry stations in Paranid sector for one.

They do not buy a whole lot and it takes a long time for the resource to be used up. Worth alot 200,000 chits....

Does anyone else besides pirates use spaceflies? Split? aquariums...

Acidic
x2

Post by Acidic » Fri, 2. Jan 04, 01:19

Many Split Stations use Spaceflys, and they generally pay higher than the Pirates (which pay an average price just like Trading Stations)
Acidic
Novas caught - 216
Rank - UNCC Captain Of The Forces
Title - Former UNCC Fleet Admiral [Retired]

Momaw
x3tc

Post by Momaw » Fri, 2. Jan 04, 06:31

The other thing that you can do with Nividium is put on a ship, then sell the ship. You only get half-price for goods sold through this loophole, but you can unload as much as you want; and 8000-someodd credits per unit is nothing to sneeze at. "Donated" Pirate Ships should work well for this :D

Martek
x2

Post by Martek » Mon, 5. Jan 04, 22:04

tag

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”