NEWS: X³ 2.0: Bala Gi Research Missions

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

drbachbanson
x3

Post by drbachbanson » Sun, 29. Oct 06, 21:28

If they cannot complete a single mission in 30 minites then they are real noobs

When they get it they make mass production of ships

But if u have to pay to create them then my state is wrong

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Sun, 29. Oct 06, 21:31

Please don't post multiple times in a row.

Also, calling people "noobs" isn't on. Don't do it.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

drbachbanson
x3

Post by drbachbanson » Sun, 29. Oct 06, 21:36

can's u complete a mission in 30 minites and u are right noobs is not nice let's say unexpirienced players but couldn't they get this mission at the end of the core ones?

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Sun, 29. Oct 06, 21:44

drbachbanson wrote:but couldn't they get this mission at the end of the core ones?
Why should they have to do the plot? It's been said this'll be compatible with current saves, so one assumes that it would include non-plot games. How would you suggest that'd work?
et's say unexpirienced players
Why do you need to judge someone based on whether they've completed the plot? I've not completed the X³ plot, and I've been playing X since X-Gold hit the shelves many years ago.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

drbachbanson
x3

Post by drbachbanson » Sun, 29. Oct 06, 21:47

I think u are right at least they should make it a hard one the unexpirienced did not go to whether they have completed the plot in one of my save i have done none missions but have millions

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 29. Oct 06, 22:06

u seem to be making alot of assumitions of how the new patch will work.

it might be better to wait to find out exactly how it works before you start complaining about it ;)

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Mon, 30. Oct 06, 01:31

drbachbanson wrote:I think u are right at least they should make it a hard one the unexpirienced did not go to whether they have completed the plot in one of my save i have done none missions but have millions
What makes you think Ego DIDN'T make it hard to do.

Your assuming Ego just put in a Free and Instant Gratification type mission, that will give the player a station that will build ships for them Free and Instantly.

I don't think Ego leans toward making things easy for people. In fact, I think they believe, that if it's worth having, its worth working for. So dump the preconception of Easy, and be prepared to work for it. That way, you can be ready, just in case it isn't Easy. :D

'Nothing free is worth working for, and nothing worth working for is free'. Remember that. :)
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

R.Styles
x3tc

Post by R.Styles » Mon, 30. Oct 06, 06:20

Cycrow wrote:it might be better to wait to find out exactly how it works before you start complaining about it ;)
I'm waiting, we have a good idea of what actually this patch will do.
& I'v played X3 for 6 months now. haven't done the story line yet. Because I'm waitin for this patch (i know completeing the story line doesn't ensure PHQ or M7) but I want to start a save (i know it's not needed) that'll go on & on & on & on.
Chill.
:thumb_up:

Amerus
x3

Post by Amerus » Mon, 30. Oct 06, 12:12

HQ... WOOOOOOOOOOT :D so gona reinstall and start over :)

Psirus
xr

Post by Psirus » Mon, 30. Oct 06, 13:39

My main save game simply has DDS mod running, so I think I'm gonna keep that, cuz those ships are cool. I just wish they would enable capture logic on m6, m1, and m2's....

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 30. Oct 06, 18:27

well, capture logic on large ships doesn't really make sense, y would they jump ship ?

doesn't make much sense really the pilot jumping out of a huge capital ship coz they've taken abit of damage, never heard of captain going don with thier ship ? ;)

Rumillion
x4

Post by Rumillion » Mon, 30. Oct 06, 22:14

TBH, I just want my shark's front guns to fire, damned :x

though I will go for the player station too :P

Mazer
x3

Post by Mazer » Tue, 31. Oct 06, 01:41

this is half off topic but what sector is the Player HQ in in the screenshot of the day?

edit: scratch this question, i have found the screenshot thread.
You know you have had enough when you dock at a pirate base and toss a couple bucks at the monitor...

Mazer

Psirus
xr

Post by Psirus » Tue, 31. Oct 06, 03:14

Yes I've heard of the captain going down with the ship... but what about xenon, they are computer chips, can't we overload them or something?

Scarecrow
x4

Post by Scarecrow » Tue, 31. Oct 06, 03:22

Nah ... the best you can hope for is a reboot to safe mode.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 31. Oct 06, 03:34

Cycrow wrote:well, capture logic on large ships doesn't really make sense, y would they jump ship ?

doesn't make much sense really the pilot jumping out of a huge capital ship coz they've taken abit of damage, never heard of captain going don with thier ship ? ;)
Well, I must disagree with this logic. I believe that if a ship is in the game, and the player can fly it, it should be capturable, one way or another. There's nothing wrong with making it extremely hard, rare, etc., but it sure would spice up the game if we could capture some of the larger ships. After all, if you want to play a pure pirate, what other choices do you really have? Remember the rare captures of M6's in X2? It was a real thrill when you got one to turn blue, even if you didn't really need it. :D
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 31. Oct 06, 06:45

well, another choise would be some other way to capture large ships, it just doesn't make sense that a pilot would eject from captial ship when you attack them.

also large ships most likly have other crews aboard, you jsut dont get to c them or manage them.

if it was to use the same system as fighters, then it would be possible for you to attack an M2 in ur M3 and force them to eject, doesn't really make alot of sense

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 31. Oct 06, 06:53

Psirus wrote:Yes I've heard of the captain going down with the ship... but what about xenon, they are computer chips, can't we overload them or something?
K can be captured already. Rare and thrilling. I'm afraid that the hangars of J would be less than desirable, and the P is new. It probably runs different, failsafe OS. :wink:

To capture a big military ship ... is not the a job for lone peashooter. It could be a mission. You hire other Pirates to form an assault team. Don't the thrid-party scripts already offer that?

This thread has mentioned "previous record". When did the M6 and Khaak became capturable in X2? Was it in a feature-adding patch? What are we waiting in Q4? A feature-adding patch? But, as the investors say: previous record is no proof of future development. :roll:

jl1aisbett
x4

Post by jl1aisbett » Tue, 31. Oct 06, 09:02

'Nothing free is worth working for, and nothing worth working for is free'
I spend a damn lot of time writing freeware and thus feel inclined to disagree with you on that point.

Anywho I'm starting over once this patch comes, haven't touched X3 in quite some time and won't until this patch shows up but then I'm going nuts.

Black Gryphon
x4

Post by Black Gryphon » Tue, 31. Oct 06, 14:51

Psirus wrote:Yes I've heard of the captain going down with the ship... but what about xenon, they are computer chips, can't we overload them or something?
Just an item of information: The Captain going down with the ship has to do with maritime salvage, NOT with battle tactics. As I recall, any ship found abandonded on the open sea belonged to who ever found it. So the captain going down with the ship was just to make sure it was really sinking and not just taking on water.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”