NEWS: X³ 2.0: Bala Gi Research Missions

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

zooze
xr

Will BP 3.1.02 be supported with X³ 2.0: Bala Gi Research Missions?

Post by zooze » Fri, 15. Sep 06, 16:29

I have a quick question,

I'm running X3 with X³ Reunion - Bonus Pack 3.1.02. When X³ 2.0: Bala Gi Research Missions is available, will my current save games be supported with the X³ Reunion - Bonus Pack 3.1.02 installed?

Kindest regards

Zooze

P.S. Wasn't sure which forum this should go in, but hopefully this is the right one as I dont have any technical support issues.

esd
x3tc

Re: Will BP 3.1.02 be supported with X³ 2.0: Bala Gi Research Missions?

Post by esd » Fri, 15. Sep 06, 16:31

zooze wrote:will my current save games be supported with the X³ Reunion - Bonus Pack 3.1.02 installed?
From the first post in this thread:
Note: This update will be available free to all owners of X³: Reunion, and will be compatible with existing savegames.
So, yes.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Chris_ni
x3

M7 Prototype Battleship

Post by Chris_ni » Fri, 15. Sep 06, 17:19

now, i know you might all start screaming at me that this has already been asked, but i've spent hours searching.

has anyone got any informationa bout the upcoming ship in X3 2.0? or do we have to wait?

BlackRazor
x4

Re: M7 Prototype Battleship

Post by BlackRazor » Fri, 15. Sep 06, 17:38

Chris_ni wrote:now, i know you might all start screaming at me that this has already been asked, but i've spent hours searching.

has anyone got any informationa bout the upcoming ship in X3 2.0? or do we have to wait?
All the known information about the patch is in the announcement and in a screenshot that you can find on the homepage, nothing more.
"For the love of the Fish-Queen!"

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Fri, 15. Sep 06, 17:57

Even if we were 'allowed' to give specifics about the ships/station, the likelyhood that those 'stats' would change between now and release are quite high.

So we're not going to release any specifics until release. Sorry.
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

Chris_ni
x3

Post by Chris_ni » Fri, 15. Sep 06, 18:12

no problem, i just wanted to know if it was going to fill the m6-m2 gap or if it was supposed to be more powerful/more manouverable than m1/m2

but i can wait

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Fri, 15. Sep 06, 18:16

apricotslice wrote:
Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:So does this mean that that annoying bug with Tractor Beam physics is gonna finally be fixed??? To be honest that bug is perhaps the main bug that has ruined this game for me as it makes complexes a royal pain to make look nice.

Does anyone know of a "mod" that allows us to avoid this issue or even fix it???
Its on the recent bugs list submitted to the devs.

1 mod and 1 script.

I modded the beam to have a longer range that makes it more stable. Mod is off my HQ, link in the sig.

Bunny did a script that changes the whole way the tractor beam works. Link is on my forum X3 mods section, other link in my sig.

(sorry been a long day and I'm too stuffed to find and post the links)
:rant: The bug I am refering to is not of stability which your "mod" may make a workaround for but rather a basic bug that makes it very difficult to rotate stations to the desired angle. This is something I have reported time and time again and seem to get blatently ignored. :evil:

The bug is simply that the rotational momentum induced by an offset tractor beam is inverted on ALL stations!!! Which makes aligning stations a Royal Pain In The Arse. This issue will also cause stations to be unstable if towed off axis. The tractor beam being lengthened just means that the station has a chance of rotating to a point where you are on axis again or make it so that the tractor beam can maintain it's lock on the station roling around behind you. A fair workaround but hardly a fix.

For those that are not versed in matrix mathematics typically used in 3D transformations (e.g. applying forces to objects) this kind of issue is typically caused by multiplying the matrices in the wrong order. For 3 matrices A, B, and C where C = A * B it is NOT true to say that C = B * A.

:rant: For such a trivial bug to persist is blatentl lazyness at best and total incompetance at worst. :evil:
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

travitar
x4

Post by travitar » Fri, 15. Sep 06, 18:25

Chris_ni wrote:no problem, i just wanted to know if it was going to fill the m6-m2 gap or if it was supposed to be more powerful/more manouverable than m1/m2

but i can wait
That's something I'm really curious about too. A centaur that can have two fighters dock and replaces some of the front guns with more turrets is what I'm hoping for.

A5PECT
x4

Re: NEWS: X³ 2.0: Bala Gi Research Missions

Post by A5PECT » Fri, 15. Sep 06, 21:22

Sounds great, can't wait for the release. But there's just one thing.
CBJ wrote:Get hold of the exclusive (and unique) M7 class prototype battleship, once owned by the Pontifex Maximus Paranidia himself. This ship is lean and mean and can dock two fighter ships.
Define "fighter ship" (e.g. M5, M4, M3)

esd
x3tc

Re: NEWS: X³ 2.0: Bala Gi Research Missions

Post by esd » Fri, 15. Sep 06, 21:39

KloHunt3r wrote:Define "fighter ship" (e.g. M5, M4, M3)
I'd presume all 3.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

ChirronT447
x3

Post by ChirronT447 » Fri, 15. Sep 06, 23:43

How big will this download be? :?:

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 15. Sep 06, 23:55

theres no way of telling how big it will be.

developers wont even know that until they have packaged up the final version ready for release.

but considing its adding new ships and stations, ie new models, then i wouldn't expect it to be small

theg3n
x3

Post by theg3n » Sat, 16. Sep 06, 03:42

Since the Player HQ can repair and produce ships, will it be able to build Capital Ships and the new M3+ ships?

GFeros
x3

My Bad, Didnt Read the Stickey About No CD for X3

Post by GFeros » Sun, 17. Sep 06, 19:43

Sorry, my bad, I know the word Star### shouldnt be used, I did'nt read about the update 2.0. Great news! I had installed the game and did'nt run it, followed by patch. When I ran it I noticed the Protection screen came up.

R.Styles
x3tc

Post by R.Styles » Sun, 17. Sep 06, 23:13

Well the last patch was about 120Mb (v1.0 to 1.4.03 i think) and that added a couple of things, fixes. All I hope is that when we can download it, they understand how many people are going to be downloading this in a short amount of time.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 17. Sep 06, 23:16

well last patches, there were serveral mirrors available, so it should be the same for the next patch as well

UnderLord
x3tc

Post by UnderLord » Mon, 18. Sep 06, 06:34

I'll mirror the download off my webserver if anyone needs it?

I have 2.1 terabytes of bandwidth to waste (dreamhost rocks) most likly i'll limit the download to 1.9 terabytes though so hope it isnt like 200mb's....

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Mon, 18. Sep 06, 08:46

Only the 'full' upgrade would be close, people just needin the patch probably need a 20-50meg patch upgrade.
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 18. Sep 06, 09:04

Jakesnake5 wrote:Only the 'full' upgrade would be close, people just needin the patch probably need a 20-50meg patch upgrade.
I hope so. The full 1.0 to 1.4.03 was a huge dent in my download allowance for the month. And I dont want to repeat that any time soon.

wolfmaster1979
x3tc

Post by wolfmaster1979 » Mon, 18. Sep 06, 09:13

dpadula wrote:Sounds great. I hate having to insert the CD into the drive to play.
My thought as well. This will be very good as we don't need to wait for the disc to be verified. I can't wait, Good job guys!!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”