NEWS: X³ Reunion - Bonus Pack 3.1.04 [updated-13-10-06]

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TheAlmogaver
x2

Post by TheAlmogaver » Sun, 27. Aug 06, 23:01

Hi all. First sorry for my bad english....

Ok, lets go: I have the spanish version of the game and now I installed the bonus pack. IN game, nothing seems to work, and I receive messages with the text TEXTREAD ##### #numbers....

In X2 we (spanish) must edit the xlm file and change the 44 for 34 (spanish), but in these version of X3 cannot change...because I cannot find any xml installed...

Anyone can help me (us) ??

Thanks!

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Sun, 27. Aug 06, 23:16

TheAlmogaver wrote:In X2 we (spanish) must edit the xlm file and change the 44 for 34 (spanish), but in these version of X3 cannot change...because I cannot find any xml installed...

Anyone can help me (us) ??
http://www.lucike.info/x3_reunion/work/340010.pck (link fixed)
( -> \t\...)

Greets
Lucike
Last edited by Lucike on Mon, 28. Aug 06, 07:47, edited 1 time in total.

TheAlmogaver
x2

Post by TheAlmogaver » Sun, 27. Aug 06, 23:27

Thanks, Lucike but...a passw is needed to down the file?

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Sun, 27. Aug 06, 23:43

TheAlmogaver wrote:Thanks, Lucike but...a passw is needed to down the file?
Really? Sorry.

http://www.lucike.info/x3_reunion/work/340010.pck

Greets
Lucike

TheAlmogaver
x2

Post by TheAlmogaver » Sun, 27. Aug 06, 23:46

Works PERFECT!

Thank a lot, i give the info to my spanish friends.

Thanks!

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Mon, 28. Aug 06, 19:06

BTW: If your using the pre-Bonus Pack Station Manager, you need to shut it down totally before switching:

Space ships attached to a SM station, then use the stations Additional Commands to remove it from the stations control.
Remove SM command from station.
Wait 2 mins in SETA to make sure script is terminated.
Save game, then uninstall pre-Bonus version (important)
Install Bonus version, load game, and restart SM like normal, assign ships, and away you go.

Bonus pack 1.00 version has a small bug, that will prevent more than one ship visiting stations. Unfortunately, though you can fix the script in question yourself, it requires activating the SE to do so. (It was caused by wrong conditional <== instead of !=> being used).

Next BP release may have fix.
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Mon, 28. Aug 06, 23:09

The bonus pack has been updated to fix a couple of bugs, and support other languages. See the discussion thread for details.

X³ Reunion - Bonus Pack version 3.01.01 is now available for download in the download section.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 03:54

What else did the devs mess with in this pack ?

They seem to have renewed an old UT bug, which has a fix issued. Has this been included in the pack or do we need to download the fix as well ? If so, please put the fix in the OP here.

Also just seen a complaint the move UT pilots procedure doesnt work either. Was this changed ? If so, what is the new procedure ? It not much use changing something if people dont know how to give updated advise !

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 05:01

The Move pilot script was changed to work with the "pilots" from the Commodity Logistics Software and Comercial Agents.
I had assumed that was the only change to autotrader scripts, but apparently not.

If you move the autotrader scripts back from scripts.backup directory that should return the autotrader script to a stable state.

That is the only thing that has been altered.

Jimmy Jazz
x3

Post by Jimmy Jazz » Mon, 4. Sep 06, 19:50

Any plans for a.spk version of the pack? Cycrows Scriptinstaller is just so incredibly handy.
Pinky : "Gee, Brain what do you want to do tonight?"
Brain : "The same thing we do every night Pinky. Try to take over the world!"

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Mon, 4. Sep 06, 20:29

Since the pack does more than install the scripts, probably not.
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

herocrafter
x4

Post by herocrafter » Mon, 4. Sep 06, 23:10

I reinstalled the game. Do I need to patch the game upto, um, 1.4.02 also or will this bonus pak do that for me?

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Mon, 4. Sep 06, 23:33

herocrafter wrote:I reinstalled the game. Do I need to patch the game upto, um, 1.4.02 also or will this bonus pak do that for me?
You need to install patches before installing the bonus back.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 5. Sep 06, 00:44

Jakesnake5 wrote:Since the pack does more than install the scripts, probably not.
afaik, the bonus pack install just makes a backup of the directory and installs the script files, does it do anything else ?

the Script installer does make backup copies of existing scripts

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Tue, 5. Sep 06, 02:18

It does a couple other things besides the 'stated' script (COUGHautotraderCOUGH), but I haven't really disassembled it to see everything.
[ external image ]

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 5. Sep 06, 08:13

Cycrow wrote:afaik, the bonus pack install just makes a backup of the directory and installs the script files, does it do anything else ?
Backup copies of folders 't', 'scripts', and the savegame folder.

What Jakesnake5 means is that the packs changes scripts not mentioned in its readme. But from file diff I can say that only files with name '*autotrade*' are affected. Even that was intended as improvement, but a bug had slipped in. And a fix is already available.

But the "public" scripts in 3.1.01 seem to have couple issues too. What might be the most efficient and constructive way to give feedback to the authors: S&M, L3 Testing, PM?

jaeshaw
x4

Post by jaeshaw » Tue, 5. Sep 06, 10:45

Ok I installed the bonus pack on the day it came out, I understand it has been updated do I need to remove/uninstall old bonus pack before re instal the new one or will it go over the top?

If I do need to uninstal how do I do it?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 5. Sep 06, 10:50

jaeshaw wrote:Ok I installed the bonus pack on the day it came out, I understand it has been updated
If there had been an update, the version number in this thread and the download would have changed. It hasnt.

There are bugs in the UT code. The fix is to put the old scripts back in.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 5. Sep 06, 11:01

apricotslice wrote:
jaeshaw wrote:Ok I installed the bonus pack on the day it came out, I understand it has been updated
If there had been an update, the version number in this thread and the download would have changed. It hasnt.
Actually, 3.1.00 was the first version, and the current one is 3.1.01.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 5. Sep 06, 11:05

jlehtone wrote:Actually, 3.1.00 was the first version, and the current one is 3.1.01.
I ahte it when they slip things like that in without actually saying something. At the very least, someone should have posted a "packs been updated" message in this thread, so those of us watching it could see it.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”