Guide : "Capping"

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Wed, 12. Apr 06, 00:55

One inportant detail that nobody knows about, is the application of 'morale boost' your target gets from hitting YOU!

Don't let your target hit you much. It'll reduce the chances of him bailing, because he's getting 'hits' on his attacker.

If you use PBE's, sit dead still in front of the mark, then start hosing. If he starts shooting back, use the straffdrive to orbit around with no throttle. It'll prevent any 'morale boosting' from hitting you.

I used a M4 Yaki Raijin Sentinel and get into a fight with 5 Pirates. Capped 3 of the ships (after waxing the 2 idiot Harriers), and NONE of them hit me. (Though, they did hit the station I was dancing around, each other, etc.) :D

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 12. Apr 06, 08:00

Jakesnake5 wrote:One inportant detail that nobody knows about, is the application of 'morale boost' your target gets from hitting YOU!
Nobody including the programmers who actually wrote the game, I'll bet. :-)

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Wed, 12. Apr 06, 19:02

Tsk Tsk, did you actually think the programmers told you EVERYTHING? :D

Eastereggs are not just for Easter. They can show up in the smallest things.

rizzo420
x3

Post by rizzo420 » Wed, 12. Apr 06, 20:43

I've been having much luck capping Demeter/Demeter Haulers in my Savage Split start. I hit them with enough fire from 4aHEPTs to strip their shields and take away a 5 or so hull bars in one run. I'd say 1/5 has bailed for me right after this. If not, I switch to 4 bPACs and plink away slowly. This success rate isn't as high, probably 1/10. It's a great help to cap a few ships worth 300+k for the ship alone, nevermind if they're full of Taladianium or BoFu or something...
Split Say AAAAAAAAA!!!

Cargo bay now contains: Elephant.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Thu, 13. Apr 06, 02:37

I find when I started a Kha'ak Invader (needs unlock to be available), I am getting caps all OVER the place.

Seems nobody wants bKYON's pointed at them for long. Even just ONE is enough to make freighter jockies need a change and a ejection handle.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”