The Donts of the X Universe and other stupid mistakes.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

GlorfindelX
x3ap

Post by GlorfindelX » Tue, 11. Apr 06, 12:44

Don't accidentally hit the Missile Launch Key while having a hammerhead armed and targetting your TL stocked with 60+ GPPCs. I did that once, had to jump OOS to make sure it didn't blow everything to hell.

Paajtor
x3

Post by Paajtor » Tue, 11. Apr 06, 13:18

While keeping a zoomview with the Alt-key (vid.enh.goggles), DON'T press F4 to "select monitor arrangement"...you'll be sorry that last save is so long ago. :oops:

FractalMBrown
x3

Post by FractalMBrown » Sat, 24. Jun 06, 23:39

(X2) Don't stop your ship after destroying a Xenon K to give a capped ship orders to dock, because you've most likely forgotten about that Hornet that the K had fired.

Colonelnj10
x3

Post by Colonelnj10 » Sun, 25. Jun 06, 18:36

Last edited by Colonelnj10 on Sun, 25. Jun 06, 18:56, edited 1 time in total.

Colonelnj10
x3

Post by Colonelnj10 » Sun, 25. Jun 06, 18:38

admin, better lock this thread.

DON'T DIG UP OLD THREADS!!!

woko
x3

Post by woko » Sat, 1. Jul 06, 07:23

Hesh up!

Don't go into jump drive a few meters away from a piece of a station (that little accleration bit at the end really hurts :()

flakey
x3

Post by flakey » Sat, 1. Jul 06, 13:38

Sorry if it's already been said:

DO NOT accidentally hit shift+e when going full welt into a XI mission when you really wanted to hit shift+t to target your nearest enemy.

I found out where the nearest enemy was, he shot my ship up a bit, then killed me.

Dang.
I ate a big red candle.

Nyax
x3tc

Post by Nyax » Sat, 1. Jul 06, 15:25

Who cares if it's an old thread, i have some do nots as well (and if people did bring back old threads it would probably help to stop certain subjects from beign debated over and over and over again *cough* multiplayer X *cough*)

DO NOT-

-Buy the system override software.
-Be in the same sector as one of your capital ships when you've told it to dock.
-Try to take on a Khaak M2 in a fighter.
-Expect to make a profit with a Lasertower factory.
-Drag up old threads when Colonelnj10 is about :)

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Sun, 2. Jul 06, 05:15

Don't save in Farnham's Legend after you've just capped a beat up Falcon in your Buster when you know there are at least ten pirates in the sector surrounding both gates that are all looking to avenge their fallen matey. Esp. if you have no jumpdrive, only two APAC's, no missiles, and only partial engine tunings.

I did manage to get out with both the Buster and my prize intact. Took at least ten tries though. :P Didn't help that the Falcon could only go 30.
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

Mubata
x3tc

Post by Mubata » Sun, 2. Jul 06, 06:59

Don't shoot at SQUASH mines from within 2k if you havn't saved in a while, or just claimed a nice prize to add to your collection... :headbang:

Regards,

Mubata

Colonelnj10
x3

Post by Colonelnj10 » Sun, 2. Jul 06, 07:35

(cannot beat em, join em!)

DO NOT
muster all your forces in Freedoms reach, only to discover that the Xenon are also using that sector as a staging area.
Buy Split Ships
"Split say my Ship Sucks!"

Mubata
x3tc

Post by Mubata » Sun, 2. Jul 06, 07:44

If you happen to have a Xenon L fire off an 'Unkown Object' (ie Hammerhead) at you, don't be quick to shoot it down.

(run for your life, and pray that one of your turrets doesn't decide to take it out if it's nearby as well. :wink: )

Regards,

Mubata

Commander PJ
x3

Post by Commander PJ » Sun, 2. Jul 06, 12:58

When in a Xenon sector surrounded by J's and K's and piloting your Buster, DON'T think 'oohhh, look at those pretty stars......are they moving?.....towards me?...BOOM!!!' THE END.
i7 4930K @ 4200MHz
EVGA DARK
16GB DDR3 2400MHz
3x SLI GTX 780s
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
Win 7 Ultimate

Ammok Rules
x3

Post by Ammok Rules » Sun, 2. Jul 06, 13:46

Unknown Objects

When you are taking onany force greater than your loan M3 can handle, so launch a few drones to assist, and when you got the drones set to attack my target, just remember that when you destory siad opposing force craft, they usaully drop a couple of missiles. Please also remember that your M3 targeting system will pick up the nearest avaible item it scans,

and also remember, a few microseconds before your shileds disappear and then your hull and then you, that those bloody drones don't wait for a confirm to fire.

I think i managed to say OH s.... just as i vapourised. :D
lIfE iS a bOwL oF cHeRrIeS

Orion1632
x4

Post by Orion1632 » Sun, 2. Jul 06, 14:48

sitting there on autopilot, watching the station get bigger and bigger, and thinking surely the autopilot will not crash into the station........ darn !!!! It did crash into the station ! silly Autopilot!

steveo1259
x3tc

Post by steveo1259 » Sun, 2. Jul 06, 15:29

do not:

increase your osprey speed to 500MPS and think you can stop before you hit the station 2KM away.

leave your very fragile game save going over 5 days and nights on SETA 10X

Ammok Rules
x3

Post by Ammok Rules » Sun, 2. Jul 06, 15:41

Orion1632 wrote:sitting there on autopilot, watching the station get bigger and bigger, and thinking surely the autopilot will not crash into the station........ darn !!!! It did crash into the station ! silly Autopilot!

:lol:

i got a docking computer for that same reason, just in case. :D
lIfE iS a bOwL oF cHeRrIeS

Colonelnj10
x3

Post by Colonelnj10 » Mon, 3. Jul 06, 03:11

don't try to back up in a Titan in a gate when Mammoths are trying to get through!

Sewerman
x4

Post by Sewerman » Mon, 3. Jul 06, 21:08

Personally:
My stupidest Dum-Dum is taking on a Xenon sector in my Nova, and planning on jumping out when things got a little rough, only to have forgotten to buy any energy cells. :idea:

Actorius
x4

Post by Actorius » Tue, 4. Jul 06, 02:20

ok my turn:

Dont assume the randomly placed miniscule asteriods (the ones you can blow up that is) is actually smaller than the Mammoth you are flying, despite appearances and low yeild.... "oh look... a single lowly asteroid between me and that siezewell shipyard... oh good its a small one... i will just go thr"BOOM BOOM "oh bugger"

DO fly between 2 xenon M1's, while hanging off the strafe keys, and happily watch as one blows the other up... but...

DONT expect it to happen a second time

DONT sell your only other ship to the shipyard till AFTER you have checked that you have transfered all your cargo to the new ship, this includes that piece of invaluable hardware called Tractor Beam, which incidently happens to be the ONLY one remaining in game.

DONT leave you and your ship docked at a station with the game idling while reading 6 page threads on the forums.... at least... not if you havent saved in a while... damned random CTDs

DONT tow that silicon mine in front of a gate... better yet dont build any complexes near any gates..... "You have reached the Free Trading Lost and Found" "Yeah hi i cant find my silicon mine... it disappeared from in front of the east gate shortly after an M2 tried to come through....."

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”