Real Space Pilots ...... and Other Bragging

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TWD 3

Post by TWD 3 » Thu, 30. Mar 06, 17:53

teladianium wrote:I keep trying to lure enemy ships into firing on TLs and M6s but even when it works they just take it lying down.

I was in Brennans Triumph and managed to get a pirate trio to chase me and flew around a Mammoth a few times and that TL got sprayed good and proper, I checked in the sector map and its shields were going down but it didn't even fire back.

Before that I got jumped by half a dozen pirates in The Vault so I flew around an Osprey which took loads of fire and it just carried on its merry way at 40 m/s and didn't bat an eyelid.

I think the AI could be a *little* bit better. b.
Try Anarkis Carrier Commands- it effects when your TL/M1 fires back or launches fighters and much more. Makes carrier battle groups sustainable and possible IMO.

PS. I have cleared Brennans Triumph and held it for 5 game days now- cleared with two Elephants maxed with Novas and a Centaur set to defend each Elephant. After killing all the pirates I destroyed their base and left an Elephant and it's M6 set to patrol that sector and the surrounding sectors. If a new base "pops" up, I pop in and take it out in my Dragon. This would not however be possible without the aforementioned script.

Cheers!

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 31. Mar 06, 00:19

TWD 3 wrote:PS. I have cleared Brennans Triumph and held it for 5 game days now- cleared with two Elephants maxed with Novas and a Centaur set to defend each Elephant. After killing all the pirates I destroyed their base and left an Elephant and it's M6 set to patrol that sector and the surrounding sectors. If a new base "pops" up, I pop in and take it out in my Dragon. This would not however be possible without the aforementioned script.
Shows the difference between peoples games.

I walked in there with just my personal Centaur and took out the few pirates lurking there and put a weed/fuel complex and 300 lasertowers in there. 1.4 patch turned the pirate base red the first time the LT's took out a pirate, so I took it out by myself. There is still a steady stream of pirates through the sector, but the collectable wares in the sector never end :)
Last edited by apricotslice on Fri, 31. Mar 06, 00:49, edited 1 time in total.

General Dave
x4

Post by General Dave » Fri, 31. Mar 06, 00:47

Chappie earlier on was talking about fighting in your spacesuit...

I was meandering across space from my Dragon to claim an abandoned Xenon L... I had capped it during a 'xenon are following me mission'

I suddenly noticed lots of green crap flying towards me and realised a pirate was shooting at me. I switched to the outside view and strafed left and right for all of three seconds, before smearing myself against one of his plasma bolts (might as well take one of em down with me)

For a few comical seconds I was doing a dance of death....

Getting back on topic (bragging rights)

With one Python.. Maxed with BFAA and GPPC I took out the two nearest Xenon sectors to Chos defeat and the first two Khaak sectors entirely...

:)

Not exactly taking out a Khaak destroyer with a penknife but immpressive none the less.. IMO
:)

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 31. Mar 06, 11:06

ezra-r wrote:Ive killed with a Teladi Scorpion
That is a feat, for I have never seen such ship. I have seen Teladi ships, and Split Scorpions. Oh, now I get it, you are Teladi and the Scorpion is yours? :o

Electric_Kola
x3tc

Post by Electric_Kola » Fri, 31. Mar 06, 11:07

Perhaps he capped it off a teladi?

after all "Teladi Sector Patrol Scorpion" isnt all that unusal :)
"There must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the universe can be said to be zero, From this it follows that the population of the universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the product of a deranged imagination" - Douglas Adams

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 31. Mar 06, 11:25

True, but if that Teladi boldly abandoned her ship, then it is just a Scorpion (made by finest Split craftsmen). :wink:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”