[Guide] X3 Handbook for Albion Prelude (v7 for Kindle)(v5 for PDF Download)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 29. Jun 06, 15:43

Minor update released as v1.11.

Map fixed to fully display.
Several other minor things fixed.

pepperg
x3tc

Post by pepperg » Fri, 28. Jul 06, 00:23

thanks very much for this, but after i printed a few pages out i noticed that the font size was too miniscule to read. is there a way to enlarge the font size w/in adobe w/out enlarging the pictures and diagrams?

thanks

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 28. Jul 06, 03:57

pepperg wrote:thanks very much for this, but after i printed a few pages out i noticed that the font size was too miniscule to read. is there a way to enlarge the font size w/in adobe w/out enlarging the pictures and diagrams?
thanks
I have to admit, it never occured to me that anyone would actually want to print it out. 108 pages is a fair chunk of a deciduous forrest in paper !

My suggestion would be to enlarge the font using the adobe zoom, but select the sections of text you want to print so you avoid printing the pics. I havent tried this, so I dont know how effective it would be.

The other suggestion, is to use the links for each document to visit the original forum document and to print that instead for the major ones you wish to print.

As a matter of interest, how much bigger does the font need to be for you to print it without problem ?

My primary concern when compiling the handbook was keeping the number of pages to a minimum to ensure the download size didnt blow out to something too big for bandwidth issues. And the ability to resize the text in the reader was justification for doing it the way I did. But as I said, I didnt consider people wanting to print the whole thing.

It would be tedious, but not impossible, to do a version with a larger font, but ulimately, the size of the zip would determine if its justifiable to allow download.

The existing zip file is already problems for some people, going from the stats I now get, where only partial transfers occur, so making it bigger is an issue.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 30. Jul 06, 14:59

Also off the HQ Site, there is now a webpage version that just includes the links to all the original forum threads, making finding them easier for locating updates and descussion.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Mon, 7. Aug 06, 15:56

still no keyboard layout..

feel free to include mine (from the hints thread..)
I'm pretty sure that Zathos won't mind you including his as well..

great guide!!
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 7. Aug 06, 15:59

BugMeister wrote:still no keyboard layout..
feel free to include mine (from the hints thread..)
I'm pretty sure that Zathos won't mind you including his as well..
great guide!!
Thanks. If you can send me links, I'll look at if its possible to include them in the next version.

I am beginning to start thinking about the next version too.

Sir_William
x3

Post by Sir_William » Mon, 7. Aug 06, 16:10

To make this excellent guide complete you should also include Mobile Mining.

Don't read any further if you don't want any spoilers (Can someone tell me how to include spoiler tags?).

There is also one error on page 7:

The free Split Mamba is surrounded by 6 SQUASH mines. To get the Mamba without setting the mines off, you must approach from below (about 5 km is sufficient).
Sir William Williamson
Professional Magnate
Combat Ace 1st Grade

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 01:24

Sir_William wrote:To make this excellent guide complete you should also include Mobile Mining.

Don't read any further if you don't want any spoilers (Can someone tell me how to include spoiler tags?).
I never wrote one myself for mobile mining as when I tried it, it was plain impossible. They improved it for 1.4 a bit. If someone has written a decent guidefor it, send me the link and I'll look at it.

Spoilers are easy. You click the spoiler button above the edit box top right, type your message and click the spoiler button again. Then preview to make sure its not visible. Hold down the alt key while you highlight to view.

There is also one error on page 7:

The free Split Mamba is surrounded by 6 SQUASH mines. To get the Mamba without setting the mines off, you must approach from below (about 5 km is sufficient).
This must have been changed in 1.4 then and no-ones picked up on it. Was only 2 mines nearby when I did it. Typical Egosoft, everyone tells everyone else how to do it in forum, so they make it harder.

Sir_William
x3

Post by Sir_William » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 10:24

apricotslice wrote:Spoilers are easy. You click the spoiler button above the edit box top right, type your message and click the spoiler button again. Then preview to make sure its not visible. Hold down the alt key while you highlight to view.
Thanks, for your information. But the button didn't show up. Though, it is solved now. The reason was that I used the Solaris Board Style. Now, when I have changed to the X-classic Board Style the Spoiler-button is displayed.
Sir William Williamson
Professional Magnate
Combat Ace 1st Grade

Ozzar
x3

The Guide won't download!!!

Post by Ozzar » Mon, 9. Oct 06, 04:41

I'm new to X3: Reunion and I saw the X3 handbook on the sticky and thought, "Hey this is great! Somewhere to get me started." I went to Apricot's site but when I downloaded the .zip file it's kept in and tried to extract the guide, it claimed that the file was invalid or corrupt.
Am I the only one suffering this problem?
Will it be fixed soon?
Will I ever be saved from a life of eternal game playing?
Would I want to be, even though it's destroying my education?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 20. Feb 07, 15:00

I need some help.

I dont have the time to update the handbook to v2 by recreating it from all the guides that have been updated.

Can someone put together a guide that is along the lines of "The Player HQ and other version 2 additions", which I could then insert into the Handbook as a single guide, that completes what people need for the updated game ?

Or can someone point me to the guides that already have this, or even cut and paste me a series of things from various guides (atributed) so I can just merge them together ?

Any help would be appreciated.

mistwolf_2k
x3

Re: The Guide won't download!!!

Post by mistwolf_2k » Wed, 21. Feb 07, 03:58

Ozzar wrote:I'm new to X3: Reunion and I saw the X3 handbook on the sticky and thought, "Hey this is great! Somewhere to get me started." I went to Apricot's site but when I downloaded the .zip file it's kept in and tried to extract the guide, it claimed that the file was invalid or corrupt.
Am I the only one suffering this problem?
Will it be fixed soon?
Will I ever be saved from a life of eternal game playing?
Would I want to be, even though it's destroying my education?
Chances are very good that it was corrupted during download. Try re d/l'ing it. I myself have tried the guide and it worked fine.
If left-handed people use the right side of their brain doesn't it only stand to reason that only left-handed people are in thier right mind.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200~, ASUS M2R32-MVP
Radeon X1950 Crossfire
2GB DDR2 800

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 21. Feb 07, 07:57

Does anyone have a image of the new Player HQ I can use in the Handbook ?

Needed urgently.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 26. Feb 07, 02:23

Version 2 is in its final stages now and should be released soon.

8 new guides included, with 2 specifically for X3 version 2.

Some exciting news coming as well.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 27. Feb 07, 02:07

Version 2 of the X3 Handbook is now released and ready for download.

See the OP for details.

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Tue, 27. Feb 07, 05:26

See apricotslice post below.

Giskard
Last edited by giskard on Tue, 27. Feb 07, 17:48, edited 1 time in total.
This signature has been stolen by the well known Teladi Signature Thief X Siggy.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 27. Feb 07, 05:30

The link here goes to my handbook page, which has the download and a mirror to respawn.

I've also repacked the old zip file to include the v2 guide, in case any old links around the place were directly to the old zip.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 27. Feb 07, 16:00

Sorry, technical problem. Hoping to have the handbook available soon.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 3. Mar 07, 02:10

Problems solved. :)

The X3 Handbook version 2 is now ready for download.

An Indexed version is planned, but as yet, no availability date is known.

LongTom
x3

Post by LongTom » Sat, 3. Mar 07, 15:25

I've downloaded the zip file several times. It seems to be coming down the right size but winzip and winrar claim "unexpected end of file" and "corrupted". I also tried the mirror link but I get a message (even though I'm registered at respawn) that "you are not authorized to access this area".

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”