Update 1.4 for X³ is now available for download

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

shadowfawx
x3

Post by shadowfawx » Thu, 16. Mar 06, 18:05

I haven't bothered with the plot either Junka. Not past mission 3 anyway.

Fozzie you're right it is what you put into it..

I just can't get into the "vibe"... there are so many details that I (and others) need to feel immersed that were just sh8t on. Things that completely ruin the atmosphere.

Theres no point in complaining about it though, because I'm sure the Devs arent going to do anything about my concerns.. Either way... its only my 2 cents.

[TGU]SOL
x3

Post by [TGU]SOL » Thu, 16. Mar 06, 18:36

The patch is a definate improvement, but still to many roids overall big and small ut's still like jumping into certain death.

Odd thing I did notice was I got better fps in 1.3.2 than 1.4 by an average of 4 fps .
Anything over 25FPS is not needed as 25FPS is what european TV's work at.
Not true film or tv (24 fps)are total different to CGI , 60fps is the point at which you can argue about if any increase will matter, though most will argue 100 is the apex.

EverIce
x3

Post by EverIce » Thu, 16. Mar 06, 19:24

Many thanks to the developers for this great patch.
When i entered the ore belt i say wooow. The performance has improved greatly i have no fps problems now.

Thx guys.

theKettle
x3

Post by theKettle » Thu, 16. Mar 06, 22:49

rizzo420 wrote:I'm waiting a while to buy Oblivion. Their games come out just as buggy if not more as X3, and it'll be cheaper in 6 months to a year...
You are aware that Oblivion was originally aiming for a Christmas release, but they delayed it another few months (and lost out on the potentially lucrative Christmas sales) in order to get it all perfect? I've got my copy on pre-order, and I'd be very suprised if it contained more than a few very minor bugs. That's not a discussion for this thread though (or even this forum!).

So, thanks Egosoft! Patch downloading now, and I look forward to being able to use Mass Drivers without my hud going black, and tp alt-tabbing out to this forum whenever I need to check guides/maps/etc. It's a good thing I don't have a job to lose or a degree to fail (been there, done that, but Morrowind was chiefly to blame). This will, of course, damage my chances of actually going out and finding a job, but my savings will last a few months yet...
------------------

If I want to be toned up, calmed down, invigorated or anything then it's very simple. I just have a cup of tea.

mills2k3
x3

Very impressed with 1.4 patch...

Post by mills2k3 » Thu, 16. Mar 06, 23:45

Since installing the new patch, I have really noticed a difference right across the board. The graphics are as smooth as anything, and the universe feels like it has more life to it now - especially since the number of xenon roaming around has been lowered. I have also noticed my universe traders are bringing in money so much faster than they did with the 1.3 patch (not just trading in low tech items any more) :D

More importantly, I've never had to go too far out of my way to find a descent BBS mission - that really started to peeve me off up till now!

Hope everyone else is having as good an experience with the update! :)

Thanks Egosoft!
P4 3.2GHz (HT)
Asus P4C800 M-Board
Asus ATI X800 XT (256MB)
1GB Corsair Gold Performance

(I just hope this rig'll run it smooth)

NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT

AB14
x3

Post by AB14 » Thu, 16. Mar 06, 23:53

I can play this game now!

Goes without saying what a huge improvment 1.4 is- the game not only looks a lot better-beautiful infact and is now very smooth.

I had given up playing this game back in December out of dissappointment and frustration and only heard about a new patch by chance. Trouble is not sure I'm willing to give it another proper go, kind of moved on from X after all I couldn't even play it back then. Maybe reading what you guys have to say about it in the forum will inspire me to give it another shot?

mills2k3
x3

Post by mills2k3 » Thu, 16. Mar 06, 23:58

Same here... I stopped playing the game not long after installing 1.3 when it was first available. I only started playing last night. Within 4 hours, through BBS missions and my UTs, i've managed to make 30mil, this would have been impossible with 1.3 - as my UTs were always being destroyed and there were never any decent missions.
P4 3.2GHz (HT)
Asus P4C800 M-Board
Asus ATI X800 XT (256MB)
1GB Corsair Gold Performance

(I just hope this rig'll run it smooth)

NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT

PTR
x3

Post by PTR » Fri, 17. Mar 06, 00:34

Weel everything looks smooth but I had my first CTD with 1.4 a minute ago... I hope it was me/the computer and not another bug... :(
Burn the land, boil the sea,
you can't take X from me...

Kaiser Kraft
x3tc

Post by Kaiser Kraft » Fri, 17. Mar 06, 01:46

Thanks for getting the patch out...no time to enjoy right now but looking forward to starting my game again.

Take it easy.

crobato
x2

Post by crobato » Fri, 17. Mar 06, 03:50

I must say that something is wrong with the models on the Nova Vanguards. They look like they're flying around with guns suspended with an invisible wing under the nose.

bulletstop
x3tc

Post by bulletstop » Fri, 17. Mar 06, 05:17

All I can say is I can not stop playing. I was using beta 1.3.2 and it fixed most my issues, now with 1.4 It rocks....
A very good job all, take some time and enjoy your selves, you all deserve it.
Bullet

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 17. Mar 06, 08:46

crobato wrote:I must say that something is wrong with the models on the Nova Vanguards. They look like they're flying around with guns suspended with an invisible wing under the nose.
Jump to a different sector. If that doesn't solve the problem then I will lay bets you are running a mod which hasn't been updated for 1.4 yet.

stompya
x3tc

Post by stompya » Fri, 17. Mar 06, 09:17

Awesome patch, good enough to start afresh. Thanks !!!!

teki
x3tc

Post by teki » Fri, 17. Mar 06, 11:20

Just got my Go 7800 GTX today :D

1920 x 1200, 4xAA, 16xAF, High, High, Glow=On

As predicted, post patch 1.4 this game is very playable at these settings after upgrading. This is such a beautiful game :o

Da_Junka
x3tc

Post by Da_Junka » Fri, 17. Mar 06, 12:04

Me to, I have a 7800 GT and X3 it's beautiful, it's gorgeous, it's sooooo sexy it's beyond discription, with zhit hot game play to boot.
And..., I say, and, I got my beloved afterburner, thanks to a script by Cycrow.
~Intel i5 2500K ~ Nvidia GTX 670 ~ Z77 chipset ~ 16 gig Vengence ~Win 7 64bit ~

Ecthelion
x4

Post by Ecthelion » Fri, 17. Mar 06, 13:59

theKettle wrote:
rizzo420 wrote:I'm waiting a while to buy Oblivion. Their games come out just as buggy if not more as X3, and it'll be cheaper in 6 months to a year...
You are aware that Oblivion was originally aiming for a Christmas release, but they delayed it another few months (and lost out on the potentially lucrative Christmas sales) in order to get it all perfect? I've got my copy on pre-order, and I'd be very suprised if it contained more than a few very minor bugs. That's not a discussion for this thread though (or even this forum!).
I agree, I doubt it will have many bugs. I bought Morrowind a while after release, so I didn't get any of the 1.0 bugs with it, and I can't comment on them. I've been looking forward to Oblivion so much though... I haven't been this excited about a game since KOTOR and HL2.
Da_Junka wrote:If your talking about the plot shadowfawx, then I couldn’t comment as I have never bothered with the plot, it's a waste of programming time. Playing X3 and getting the most out of it has nothing to do with the plot.
Personally, I enjoyed the plot, even with its shortcomings. Also, I highly recommend finishing the plot, as you get a really nice reward at the end.
Da_Junka wrote: What ever projects ES have planned for the future I sincerely hope that they use these models of ships, stations and objects, as they are some of the best work they have ever done and would be such a waste to only use them in just the 1 game.
Agreed, especially about the ship models. The Argon Discoverer - the real models of it that is (1.3+) - is just about the sexiest ship I've ever seen in a game. As soon as I installed patch 1.3, I bought a Disco Raider just so I could watch it in external view while I flew around.
Spoiler
Show
I'm also a big fan of the Terran ships.
I've only played the game for less than an hour post-1.4, but I can already tell a big difference (thank you Egosoft for adding task-switching!).

One question I have (for anyone who's managed to read this whole thing) regarding the weapons only showing up if there is a weapon in that slot. Is this also true of turrets? It could play a tactical role if so, because it would help you decide whether to attack that freighter from behind or not. :P

rfoote
x3tc

Thanks Egosoft!!!

Post by rfoote » Fri, 17. Mar 06, 16:15

I was going to say that yesterday after patching to 1.4 but I was having too much fun to quite the game.......it is sooooo smooooth!!!!! I even enjoyed dieing fighting a bunch of Xeon in my Nova.....there was _no_ hesitations, jitters...just smooth flying!

It literally used to take up to 15 minutes ( that is no typo) to dock my mammoth in a shipyard after entering a normal sector.....now it is just swoosh....really smooth!!!

Thanks again Egosoft!!!

All of that, and my spec's are..

AMD 3800, XP Home, 2 gigs ram and a ATI X800 Pro

rfoote

sjenks
x3

Post by sjenks » Fri, 17. Mar 06, 16:21

Excellent! At last, the intro video plays smoothly and the in-game graphics performance is more like what I'm used to on other games with my ATI Radeon X-850 Platinum! Very nice. 8)

The only other thing I personally would like to see happen is the re-implementation of a hyperspace tunnel sequence when you use the jumpgates. Or at least the option of turning that feature on. It would make a huge difference to the in-game feel and the overall immersion factor of the gameplay. Maybe someone can write a mod?! I don't know why this part of the game was ever taken out. Doesn't make sense to me - this being a space-based game and all. :gruebel:

Oh yeah, and the gates shouldn't be active (visible wormhole entrance) all the time. Keeping the mouth of a wormhole open indefinitely would use up too much energy! Realistically, the gates should only open-up the wormhole when a ship wants to pass through and activates it with either it's proximity to the gate or by using a docking command or something similar.

Anyway, thanks again for the update and finally fixing the performance issues. Now I can take the box off the shelf and finally start playing it! :)

My modest machine specs:

P4 2.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, XP Pro, 80 GB HDD, Soundblaster X-Fi, ATI X-850 Platinum.

Armstrong
x3

Post by Armstrong » Fri, 17. Mar 06, 18:37

sjenks wrote: The only other thing I personally would like to see happen is the re-implementation of a hyperspace tunnel sequence when you use the jumpgates. Or at least the option of turning that feature on. It would make a huge difference to the in-game feel and the overall immersion factor of the gameplay. Maybe someone can write a mod?! I don't know why this part of the game was ever taken out. Doesn't make sense to me - this being a space-based game and all.
I never liked seeing the same movie twenty million times over so turned it off in X2 (well three of them), thought is was more of a pain than anything

Astra
x2

Post by Astra » Fri, 17. Mar 06, 19:55

Totally agree with shadowfawx...
The plot is still crappy. I want to reload the game and start over with 1.4 patch; hopefully, this will make the game playable. I do not want to go through the plot again though.

Voices and especially cartoons are sh*ty. Who do they picture?

The game is still better than nothing. In fact better than many other games out there.

I was looking for 1.4 patch updates and run through a forum discussion the patch; I looked at the dates and realized that was for X or X2; there were problems in the past but we forgot them and enjoyed the game later; hopefully same will be with X3. It will become a really good game at the end (after patch 1.%).

Still the plot is ...

[quote="shadowfawx"]I respect your opinion. But I have to say mine is the exact opposite.

I feel as though X3 lacks any "soul".

I feel as though the developers treated it the same way I treated my homework when I was in school.

I'd do it about 3 minutes before class started. You know just so the teacher couldn't say I didnt' do it.

The answers were wrong, it was pretty much uncomprehensible, but it was "done".

Everytime I look at the character portraits, the voices, pretty much everything except the visuals (which are superb I will admit) thats what I see. A shoddy, dissapointment.

Only my opinions.[/quote]

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”