Update 1.4 for X³ is now available for download

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

rizzo420
x3

Post by rizzo420 » Thu, 16. Mar 06, 14:48

I'm waiting a while to buy Oblivion. Their games come out just as buggy if not more as X3, and it'll be cheaper in 6 months to a year...
Split Say AAAAAAAAA!!!

Cargo bay now contains: Elephant.

skyhooker
x3

Post by skyhooker » Thu, 16. Mar 06, 14:58

so, i've dumped all my savegames to start afresh with 1.4.
all seems fine early on apart from 1 minor query
open system map and distances in top left corner are all wierd.

used to be 1k, 2k, 4k, 8k, 16k.

now its 159k and multiples - but this in no way relates to any distances in the sector

but never mind - back to rebuilding my empire - i've phoned in dead for a month
Want the good news or the bad news??

The good news - There is no devil

The bad news - There ain't no heaven either

Kerry Packer 1937 - 2005
A True Aussie Legend in his own lifetime

Jurobi
x3tc

Post by Jurobi » Thu, 16. Mar 06, 15:29

The first I heard of this was in an e-mail from Gamespot. They have the patch, but only the 1.0-1.4 version. I hoped to get it from there (and not tie up one of your sites for 6-7 hours), but I need the 1.3-1.4 version so I'll get it from one of your mirror sites.

I guess I'll download it tonight (slow modem+AOL).

Orthos

Post by Orthos » Thu, 16. Mar 06, 15:32

Another person wishing to thank Egosoft.

The new patch makes it so much better. I can now up all the graphics the way they should be. I couldn't believe the difference in Ore Belt.

Great Job.

Da_Junka
x3tc

1.4. And what can I say?

Post by Da_Junka » Thu, 16. Mar 06, 16:52

X3 in it's finished condition, is the best game I have ever played, not just in game play but graphically as well. It's wipes the floor with any other game to note, and will hold this position for many years to come.
The game as it stands show's the tremendous work and effort that the dev team has put into it, and clearly shows that ES are God's when it come's to game design.
What ever projects ES have planned for the future I sincerely hope that they use these models of ships, stations and objects, as they are some of the best work they have ever done and would be such a waste to only use them in just the 1 game.

Nuff said. :D :D :D
~Intel i5 2500K ~ Nvidia GTX 670 ~ Z77 chipset ~ 16 gig Vengence ~Win 7 64bit ~

Player.
x3tc

Post by Player. » Thu, 16. Mar 06, 16:54

Good :D

Well i think its no secret that there will be an expansion so i guess some of these models will remain :)
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=183585 - X2 The Threat High Definition Mod - You know you wanna :)

shadowfawx
x3

Post by shadowfawx » Thu, 16. Mar 06, 16:56

I respect your opinion. But I have to say mine is the exact opposite.

I feel as though X3 lacks any "soul".

I feel as though the developers treated it the same way I treated my homework when I was in school.

I'd do it about 3 minutes before class started. You know just so the teacher couldn't say I didnt' do it.

The answers were wrong, it was pretty much uncomprehensible, but it was "done".

Everytime I look at the character portraits, the voices, pretty much everything except the visuals (which are superb I will admit) thats what I see. A shoddy, dissapointment.

Only my opinions.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 16. Mar 06, 16:59

tlewisj wrote:Great Patch... Went from V1.21 to V1.4 upgrade without a hitch and no problems with previous saved games. Now that the programmers are looking for something to do, one thing I have noticed is that I can sell certain items at the Equipment Docks such as APAC and BPACs without the station registering that any was sold. I off-loaded several hundred of each type during one visit. Got paid for them which is nice, but the station shows zero available for sale. Other items still sell with a max limit bought being reached so it's a sporatic glitch. Other than that Extremely minor flaw, I know this game will last me thru the summer with many nights of empier building enjoyment. Thanks again for giving us all an outstanding and beautiful 'Universe' to play in !!!! :D
thats not a flaw, its a feature
it acts as a resource sink so you can sell hightech wares without flooding the universe with them ;)
it was the same in X2

Fozzie the bear
x3

Post by Fozzie the bear » Thu, 16. Mar 06, 17:01

The SOUL of the game IMO is what you as a player put into it. :wink:

Da_Junka
x3tc

Post by Da_Junka » Thu, 16. Mar 06, 17:01

If your talking about the plot shadowfawx, then I couldn’t comment as I have never bothered with the plot, it's a waste of programming time. Playing X3 and getting the most out of it has nothing to do with the plot.
~Intel i5 2500K ~ Nvidia GTX 670 ~ Z77 chipset ~ 16 gig Vengence ~Win 7 64bit ~

shadowfawx
x3

Post by shadowfawx » Thu, 16. Mar 06, 18:05

I haven't bothered with the plot either Junka. Not past mission 3 anyway.

Fozzie you're right it is what you put into it..

I just can't get into the "vibe"... there are so many details that I (and others) need to feel immersed that were just sh8t on. Things that completely ruin the atmosphere.

Theres no point in complaining about it though, because I'm sure the Devs arent going to do anything about my concerns.. Either way... its only my 2 cents.

[TGU]SOL
x3

Post by [TGU]SOL » Thu, 16. Mar 06, 18:36

The patch is a definate improvement, but still to many roids overall big and small ut's still like jumping into certain death.

Odd thing I did notice was I got better fps in 1.3.2 than 1.4 by an average of 4 fps .
Anything over 25FPS is not needed as 25FPS is what european TV's work at.
Not true film or tv (24 fps)are total different to CGI , 60fps is the point at which you can argue about if any increase will matter, though most will argue 100 is the apex.

EverIce
x3

Post by EverIce » Thu, 16. Mar 06, 19:24

Many thanks to the developers for this great patch.
When i entered the ore belt i say wooow. The performance has improved greatly i have no fps problems now.

Thx guys.

theKettle
x3

Post by theKettle » Thu, 16. Mar 06, 22:49

rizzo420 wrote:I'm waiting a while to buy Oblivion. Their games come out just as buggy if not more as X3, and it'll be cheaper in 6 months to a year...
You are aware that Oblivion was originally aiming for a Christmas release, but they delayed it another few months (and lost out on the potentially lucrative Christmas sales) in order to get it all perfect? I've got my copy on pre-order, and I'd be very suprised if it contained more than a few very minor bugs. That's not a discussion for this thread though (or even this forum!).

So, thanks Egosoft! Patch downloading now, and I look forward to being able to use Mass Drivers without my hud going black, and tp alt-tabbing out to this forum whenever I need to check guides/maps/etc. It's a good thing I don't have a job to lose or a degree to fail (been there, done that, but Morrowind was chiefly to blame). This will, of course, damage my chances of actually going out and finding a job, but my savings will last a few months yet...
------------------

If I want to be toned up, calmed down, invigorated or anything then it's very simple. I just have a cup of tea.

mills2k3
x3

Very impressed with 1.4 patch...

Post by mills2k3 » Thu, 16. Mar 06, 23:45

Since installing the new patch, I have really noticed a difference right across the board. The graphics are as smooth as anything, and the universe feels like it has more life to it now - especially since the number of xenon roaming around has been lowered. I have also noticed my universe traders are bringing in money so much faster than they did with the 1.3 patch (not just trading in low tech items any more) :D

More importantly, I've never had to go too far out of my way to find a descent BBS mission - that really started to peeve me off up till now!

Hope everyone else is having as good an experience with the update! :)

Thanks Egosoft!
P4 3.2GHz (HT)
Asus P4C800 M-Board
Asus ATI X800 XT (256MB)
1GB Corsair Gold Performance

(I just hope this rig'll run it smooth)

NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT

AB14
x3

Post by AB14 » Thu, 16. Mar 06, 23:53

I can play this game now!

Goes without saying what a huge improvment 1.4 is- the game not only looks a lot better-beautiful infact and is now very smooth.

I had given up playing this game back in December out of dissappointment and frustration and only heard about a new patch by chance. Trouble is not sure I'm willing to give it another proper go, kind of moved on from X after all I couldn't even play it back then. Maybe reading what you guys have to say about it in the forum will inspire me to give it another shot?

mills2k3
x3

Post by mills2k3 » Thu, 16. Mar 06, 23:58

Same here... I stopped playing the game not long after installing 1.3 when it was first available. I only started playing last night. Within 4 hours, through BBS missions and my UTs, i've managed to make 30mil, this would have been impossible with 1.3 - as my UTs were always being destroyed and there were never any decent missions.
P4 3.2GHz (HT)
Asus P4C800 M-Board
Asus ATI X800 XT (256MB)
1GB Corsair Gold Performance

(I just hope this rig'll run it smooth)

NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT

PTR
x3

Post by PTR » Fri, 17. Mar 06, 00:34

Weel everything looks smooth but I had my first CTD with 1.4 a minute ago... I hope it was me/the computer and not another bug... :(
Burn the land, boil the sea,
you can't take X from me...

Kaiser Kraft
x3tc

Post by Kaiser Kraft » Fri, 17. Mar 06, 01:46

Thanks for getting the patch out...no time to enjoy right now but looking forward to starting my game again.

Take it easy.

crobato
x2

Post by crobato » Fri, 17. Mar 06, 03:50

I must say that something is wrong with the models on the Nova Vanguards. They look like they're flying around with guns suspended with an invisible wing under the nose.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”