Apricot Mapping Service Guide to starting off in X3.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

clawius

gate coords

Post by clawius » Sat, 28. Jan 06, 14:08

I found the gate to the first unknown sector after Maelstrom, but cant find the gate to the one after. anyone have the coords?

rgrds,
Clawius

apricotslice
x4

Re: gate coords

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 29. Jan 06, 04:19

clawius wrote:I found the gate to the first unknown sector after Maelstrom, but cant find the gate to the one after. anyone have the coords?
Spoiler
Show
-36, 0 , -63

Its the y that tricks you. Get more than 30 high or low, and you can miss the gate easily.

I found it just by systemactic trawl, keeping my eye on the y.

clawius

Post by clawius » Sun, 29. Jan 06, 10:46

thnks, alot, found it :)

dxrmc0
x3tc

2nd Unknown in maelstrom

Post by dxrmc0 » Sat, 4. Feb 06, 11:35

What are the nav coordinates for the second south gate?

dxrmc0
x3tc

oops

Post by dxrmc0 » Sat, 4. Feb 06, 11:52

Oops didnt read all the replies... Impatient people arent we!!

bigjimjg26
x3

Post by bigjimjg26 » Thu, 9. Feb 06, 23:43

"You have a Mercury freighter sitting out in space doing nothing except being vulnerable."

I have not seen this any where. was it taken out in the patch?

Never mind i just found out its in the quick start. I went with the normal start becuse i dont normaly start a game on easy mode. i guess i will have to try the quick start this time.

ebolaz
x3

Post by ebolaz » Sun, 19. Feb 06, 22:22

Hi,

You said:
"The Mamba is tricky to recover, as it has 2 ship killer mines by it. You need to identify the mines first without setting them off, and approach from the safe side. "

How can we see the mines? I can't find the right path to reach the mamba :/

Can you give me some details please?
Ebo.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 20. Feb 06, 01:52

ebolaz wrote:You said:
"The Mamba is tricky to recover, as it has 2 ship killer mines by it. You need to identify the mines first without setting them off, and approach from the safe side. "
How can we see the mines? I can't find the right path to reach the mamba
Before you get close, press the key that turns on "Find nearest enemy". The hud target marker will flash red while it searches. When you get close enough, the mine will be locked on and then appear on the map. Find the other one the same way at slow speed.

Edit : I've made a change to the guide, mentioning at the bottom the above tip, the one for getting the falcon out and the quickstart assumption.

ebolaz
x3

Post by ebolaz » Mon, 20. Feb 06, 19:03

Tx alot!
Ebo.

Blackknight8x
xr

Post by Blackknight8x » Tue, 21. Feb 06, 01:32

are any of these "goodies" in the xtream setting, or are they just in the easy mode ?

blackknight8x
that's life, you live and you learn. you make a choice, sometimes it's right and sometimes it's wrong, but were always learning and it's the learning that shapes the next choice we make in life.
X-3
think, trade, fight, build, explore,
but most of all learn

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 21. Feb 06, 01:39

Blackknight8x wrote:are any of these "goodies" in the xtream setting, or are they just in the easy mode ?
All modes as far as I'm aware at this point. I havent come accross anyone who hasnt found them when they went looking.

Blackknight8x
xr

Post by Blackknight8x » Tue, 21. Feb 06, 01:46

apricotslice wrote:
Blackknight8x wrote:are any of these "goodies" in the xtream setting, or are they just in the easy mode ?
All modes as far as I'm aware at this point. I havent come accross anyone who hasnt found them when they went looking.
that's a good point really.... i've not been looking for them to tell the truth.. but i haven't found any "free" ships yet.

i have been around the "oldest" block (XBTF sectors) but not much fether away then that... only been playing for about 24 hours worth of game time.

this free ship you said about in that block... didn't see that one ? where about's is it to ... ummm... and i forget what sector you said it was in now too.... d'oh!
that's life, you live and you learn. you make a choice, sometimes it's right and sometimes it's wrong, but were always learning and it's the learning that shapes the next choice we make in life.
X-3
but most of all learn

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 21. Feb 06, 01:56

Blackknight8x wrote: i have been around the "oldest" block (XBTF sectors) but not much fether away then that... only been playing for about 24 hours worth of game time.

this free ship you said about in that block... didn't see that one ? where about's is it to ... ummm... and i forget what sector you said it was in now too.... d'oh!
Not quite sure what you mean by Xbtf sectors, as X2 was the earliest game to appear here.

The ship in boron space is off the beaten track, hiding behind an asteroid, so if your not looking for it, you probably wont see it.

Blackknight8x
xr

Post by Blackknight8x » Tue, 21. Feb 06, 02:03

apricotslice wrote:
Blackknight8x wrote: i have been around the "oldest" block (XBTF sectors) but not much fether away then that... only been playing for about 24 hours worth of game time.

Not quite sure what you mean by Xbtf sectors, as X2 was the earliest game to appear here.

The ship in boron space is off the beaten track, hiding behind an asteroid, so if your not looking for it, you probably wont see it.
the XBTF sectors... did you never play that one ? ..... god i feel old!!!

and the beaten track.... ? ? ? ? ? - what sector ? and where/what is the beaten track ?
X-3
but most of all learn

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 21. Feb 06, 02:33

Blackknight8x wrote:
apricotslice wrote:Not quite sure what you mean by Xbtf sectors, as X2 was the earliest game to appear here.

and the beaten track.... ? ? ? ? ? - what sector ? and where/what is the beaten track ?
Xbtf never appeared in stores near me. The first I knew of the X universe was when I stumbled on a copy of X2 long after if first came out.

Sorry, but .... :lol: :lol: :lol:

"off the beaten track" is Australian slang meaning to get off the main road, get away from the normal traffic areas, in fact get away period. In this context, it means look away from the gated area, and where ships normally go.

Some other Australian slang ....

"Going Bush" is getting off the beaten track and staying there.
"Going Walkabout" is getting off the beaten track and keeping on moving.

In the olden days, off the beaten tracking was done on foot. Later on motorbikes, but these days its all 4X4 or what Americans call a SUV (stupid ugly vehicle). :)

Normal is having a 4X4 or SUV and never getting off the beaten track, but fully intending too one day.

Blackknight8x
xr

Post by Blackknight8x » Tue, 21. Feb 06, 03:13

apricotslice wrote:
Blackknight8x wrote:
apricotslice wrote:Not quite sure what you mean by Xbtf sectors, as X2 was the earliest game to appear here.

Xbtf never appeared in stores near me. The first I knew of the X universe was when I stumbled on a copy of X2 long after if first came out.

Sorry, but .... :lol: :lol: :lol:

"off the beaten track" is Australian slang meaning to get off the main road, get away from the normal traffic areas, in fact get away period. In this context, it means look away from the gated area, and where ships normally go.

Some other Australian slang ....

"Going Bush" is getting off the beaten track and staying there.
"Going Walkabout" is getting off the beaten track and keeping on moving.

In the olden days, off the beaten tracking was done on foot. Later on motorbikes, but these days its all 4X4 or what Americans call a SUV (stupid ugly vehicle). :)

Normal is having a 4X4 or SUV and never getting off the beaten track, but fully intending too one day.
XBTF - defo worth a look! a bit dated now you may think, but still a top game!

"THE SHIP" any idea what area it's in at all... i.e. north east corner ?

Australian slang - ah, goodday mate :roll:
i guess you wouldn't or heard the radio edit of the Australian slang ? goes a little something like this

"goodday mate" - good morning my good man

"get another srimp on the babbie" - would you be a dear and cook some sea food on the roticairey

there was a lot more but my mind has turned to clay !!! :P
X-3
but most of all learn

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 21. Feb 06, 04:03

Blackknight8x wrote:Australian slang - ah, goodday mate
Thats : G'Day Mate
"get another srimp on the babbie" - would you be a dear and cook some sea food on the roticairey"
Thats : Throw a Prawn on the Barbie.

Shrimp is American and we made that concession for their tv ads, since none of them would have known what a Prawn was.

Barbie being BBQ.

"Coming the Raw Prawn" is something different again :)

Edit : Oh yeah, sorry, keeping on topic, look to the NE. Big roid on its own.

Damn, I seem to have successfuly hijacted my own thread.

Blackknight8x
xr

Post by Blackknight8x » Tue, 21. Feb 06, 04:19

apricotslice wrote:
Blackknight8x wrote:Australian slang - ah, goodday mate

"Coming the Raw Prawn" is something different again :)

Edit : Oh yeah, sorry, keeping on topic, look to the NE. Big roid on its own.

Damn, I seem to have successfuly hijacted my own thread.
"coming the raw Prawn" - lol, i bet it is matey!

i'll see if i can find that old ship, i'll let you know tomoro! thanks for all the info btw!

blackknight8x
X-3
but most of all learn

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Tue, 21. Feb 06, 17:32

If your looking for some better weapons than you start with (you'll need a M4 or above I think), make sure you check the cargo of any of the 'abandoned' ships you find.

One had enough BPAC's to start a small war and win it.

I did while playing the Broke Assasin, and wasn't quite so broke anymore. :D

Wurtzel
x4

Post by Wurtzel » Wed, 8. Mar 06, 13:39

G'day Apdicotslice, one Aussie to another (Perth) , I heard somewhere that after getting all the secret missile containers, one would then be able to identify unknown objects such as the hammerhead.. Is this the case??? The reason I ask is because I have found all, bar one, (microchips which I didn't think was worthwhile when I've got some 300 million credits) and have not yet found a way to indentfy them.. Will I need to get ALL conatainers?? Any help or advice will be greatly wppeciated, thanks

Cheers :wink:
I THINK, SO THEREFORE I AM

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”