Apricot Mapping Service Guide to starting off in X3.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Alche
x3

Post by Alche » Sun, 22. Jan 06, 18:08

New player. It all sounds rather exciting flying off to the South East corner of the known universe looking for hidden treasures, mapping the universe as you go. But in an Argon Buster!? How come nothing on the way turns you into dust, is it that that easy flying around just about anywhere you like avoiding trouble?

Also how come they are no Khaak sectors, do they have sectors, just not known or hidden, or do they just roam about the universe randomly causing mayhem?

Sirus5
x4

Re: Apricot Mapping Service Guide to starting off in X3.

Post by Sirus5 » Sun, 22. Jan 06, 21:27

apricotslice wrote:There is a set of hidden containers out there as well.
Spoiler
Show

System Co-ordinates Contents

Unknown sector by Pontifex Seclusion at -55, -10.2, -50 - 50,000 credits
And At -55, -10, -50 - 10 missiles
Empires Edge At -50, -15, -9 - 10 missiles
Patriachs Retreat At 0, -36, 36 - microchips
Spaceweed Drift At -30.1, 10, 20 - Spaceweed
Atreus Clouds At 13.1, 0, -13.1 - 10 missiles
Orebelt At 10, 4, 52 - 75,000 credits
Unknown Sector by Myst of Elysium At -30, -20, -30 - 2 125MJ Shields
Midnight Star At 132, 0.04, 4 - 10 missiles

Altogether, this is a nice little haul of usable missiles or free credits.
I’m not telling you how to collect containers. That little frustration and satisfaction I leave to you to figure out :)

Apricotslice
Well, most people have heard about the ships and most people have probably found them (I have found most of them)..

But these containers are a mystery to me... I have been to the above Co-Ordinates in several of these sectors and found..... NOTHING

Has anyone else found any of these little goodies to confirm Apricotslice's findings.

Thanks

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 22. Jan 06, 23:29

Sirus5 wrote: But these containers are a mystery to me... I have been to the above Co-Ordinates in several of these sectors and found..... NOTHING
The containers are called "hidden" for a reason. If you are more than about a 100 meters away from them in any direction, they will not show up on the nav map, nor will you be able to see them with the Mk1 eyeball.

There are a few reports of them being in slightly different locations in some peoples games.

If you program the ship to go to exactly the lacotion, you will of course hit the container and destroy it. Programming the ship to .1 off of one of the co-ordinates, should place the container in visual distance. Any more than that and you wont see it.

There are plenty of threads around about thiese containers, so if you cant find one, look in the more recent threads for alternative suggestions for locations.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 22. Jan 06, 23:31

Alche wrote:But in an Argon Buster!? How come nothing on the way turns you into dust, is it that that easy flying around just about anywhere you like avoiding trouble? Also how come they are no Khaak sectors, do they have sectors, just not known or hidden, or do they just roam about the universe randomly causing mayhem?
The route is the least hostile one. All other routes take you accross a Xenon sector. The Khaak have their own sectors, but you can only jump to them. The bbs sometimes sells these jump locations.

Sirus5
x4

Post by Sirus5 » Mon, 23. Jan 06, 09:18

apricotslice wrote:
If you program the ship to go to exactly the lacotion, you will of course hit the container and destroy it. Programming the ship to .1 off of one of the co-ordinates, should place the container in visual distance. Any more than that and you wont see it.

There are plenty of threads around about thiese containers, so if you cant find one, look in the more recent threads for alternative suggestions for locations.
Interestingly, I tried to program my ship to go to the 2 shields in the unknown sector by Mists of Elysium, and it said that the Sector was not in the computer database and it couldn't comply!

I haven't found any other threads on the hidden containers in X3...

Anyone else found any?

Please?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 23. Jan 06, 09:23

I think you have to be in that sector in order to get move to position to work. Whereas other sectors you can jump and move to position in one command.

There hasnt been another thread with real info since I did this guide. So to find one, you will need to go back weeks at least. Everything in the guide came from other threads, and is there because I found the things at those co-ordinates, after I worked out how to get the ship to go there.

If you want to send me a save game in 1.3 format, I will look for you and check. PM me if you want.

Sirus5
x4

Found the 125

Post by Sirus5 » Mon, 23. Jan 06, 10:25

I have to apologise for doubting Apricotslice.....
I have just found the 125mw shields.....
I got around 500m away and then they showed on radar.....

It was interesting as I was busy and could only cope with Medium cargo, I tried sending a Caiman (which could collect the sheilds) in there... Firstly, there was nothing to follow, so I jumped in and went through, then asked the Caiman to go to position, and it said that the sector was not in the database and it could not move to position..... - and when it did get near, I could not command it to pick it up!!

So, I have decided that what I will do is equip my Disco Raider with Transporter, and a TS with a transporter, go and find the shields in the Disco, asking the TS to follow, and when I get there, transport into the TS, then jump out...

Can't think of any other way to do it, and I don't want to spend more than a few minutes away from capturing these Yaki....

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 23. Jan 06, 10:28

Glad you found them, they are worth the effort.

HawkII
x2

Post by HawkII » Tue, 24. Jan 06, 01:10

This is a newb question as this is the first x game i have played. What is the easiest way to find a location in space? Am i missing something?
HawkII

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 24. Jan 06, 01:32

HawkII wrote:This is a newb question as this is the first x game i have played. What is the easiest way to find a location in space? Am i missing something?
Took me a while to figure it out too :)

Ship commands, move to position command. If you have a jump drive and its not an unknown sector, you can use the hump and move to position command.

When specifying a position, you use the numeric keypad arrows, and insert to change the map to do the y co-ord. Just match up the co-ords to where you want to go, with one of them .1 off, or you collide with whatever object is there.

KipperTheFish
x3tc

Post by KipperTheFish » Tue, 24. Jan 06, 02:57

Top job dude........the crates where a new thing to do!!
got them all........big bucks to be had.
For those of you having trouble with the Unknown south of mysts of elysium......if you are trying to put in the coordinates and it tells you sector not in data base........hit "enter" and this will give you the sector map........from there its easy.
Pushing up the anti, I know you're gonna see me, Read 'em and weep, The deadman's hand again.

Dioltas As Dia
x3

Post by Dioltas As Dia » Tue, 24. Jan 06, 02:58

apricotslice wrote:Well, you are lucky you met me. I’m full of it
i dont know why that stuck in my head :P

seriously though good work! :wink: those hidden containers are news to me. this is the guide for someone starting off, if only i was at the that stage again

*remembers the good times*

rayOK
x3

Post by rayOK » Tue, 24. Jan 06, 18:12

I came across this post the other day, wrote all the co-ords in my "tips book" - with a view to collecting the goodies.

I am playing v1.3 from start. Anyways, i get to the co-ords in spaceweed drift, atreus clouds and ore belt, and nothing there.

Are these freebes supposed to be fixed to these co-ords in everyones game, or will they differ from game to game?

Incidentally I have only played the first couple of missions, once I got the jump drive I began doing my own thing - capturing and assasination mission to build up my cash.

Any advice?

cheers

Ray OK

rayOK
x3

Post by rayOK » Tue, 24. Jan 06, 18:18

oops!!! didn't read all the replies :oops:

question now answered :oops:

cheers

Ray OK

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 24. Jan 06, 23:58

There have been reports that several sectors 'goodies' are in slightly different places, but the majority seem to be as stated.

Remember though, you ahve to be really close to the containers to see them or have them list on the map.

A dropped missile will show up from accross the sector immediately its in scanner range. But the hidden containers only show when your about 100 meters away. That is .1 on the map co-ords. If you are .1 off in all 3 co-ordinates, you will likely not see the container.

clawius

gate coords

Post by clawius » Sat, 28. Jan 06, 14:08

I found the gate to the first unknown sector after Maelstrom, but cant find the gate to the one after. anyone have the coords?

rgrds,
Clawius

apricotslice
x4

Re: gate coords

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 29. Jan 06, 04:19

clawius wrote:I found the gate to the first unknown sector after Maelstrom, but cant find the gate to the one after. anyone have the coords?
Spoiler
Show
-36, 0 , -63

Its the y that tricks you. Get more than 30 high or low, and you can miss the gate easily.

I found it just by systemactic trawl, keeping my eye on the y.

clawius

Post by clawius » Sun, 29. Jan 06, 10:46

thnks, alot, found it :)

dxrmc0
x3tc

2nd Unknown in maelstrom

Post by dxrmc0 » Sat, 4. Feb 06, 11:35

What are the nav coordinates for the second south gate?

dxrmc0
x3tc

oops

Post by dxrmc0 » Sat, 4. Feb 06, 11:52

Oops didnt read all the replies... Impatient people arent we!!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”