PATCH 1.4 Requests

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sebcrabbe
x3

Post by sebcrabbe » Sat, 7. Jan 06, 00:55

- Try and fix some of the ai bugs - the UT bug is a killer and I've now watched a good few TL'S fly into a sector not notice a bf asteroid in front of them till the last minute then do an avoidance handbreak turn straight into the center - funny till you realise who hired it......

- codecs codecs codecs I'm not a directx coder so forgive my stupidity but could you use codecs locally from the x3 folder in preference to the global ones that are screwed half the time?????

- Is it me or is the racing bbs broken. I'd like to see a variety of courses laid out in the sector of varying hardnesses. Including some with sections through hollowed out asteroids: Not silly sections like some of the ingame missions (as if the npc ai could fly through them :P) but simple stuff so i could live out my empire strikes back asteroid belt scene fantasies!

- bbs missions! If you want some ideas play x-wing vs tie fighter it had some doosies

- Let the don's shipyard sell some 'old-tech' pirate ships. I'll buy a pint for whoever lets me buy a Bayamon

- Why can you not see stations till 4km in the nebula sectors but can see the stars in the background? Talk about ruining the feel of the sector

- I love Haunter V's ancient radio idea. If we could add some mp3's from our pc's into an ingame list for specific events it would be cool. ie. when you enter combat it randomly chooses one of 10 to play. Don't know about you but i want it to start playing Highway to Hell from ACDC when I start blowing stuff up ;)

- Bind ships to groups just like gray1107 said. It can be a mission in itself ordering diff groups to attack

- And finally if you get to the top of the racing league you should get one of those racing ships to keep :)

Wolfehunter
x3tc

Post by Wolfehunter » Sat, 7. Jan 06, 02:48

Pirates life is interesting anough. What gets me is how does the empires know You kill one of there transport or fighter when no one else see you or is witness to the ... hmmm accident! hehehehe. So even In an unknown sector I see a roaming ship I take it out. yet I have my rank get affected. I don't think he has anought time to call for help when hes floating dead in space.

So no witnesses, means no reaction to your ranks. Only loot left to crab.

would be a nice script to add.

There are those who like the attention and are not shy to attack openly. They should be on them most wanted list for bounty hunter / hero types to attack and hunt the pc pirate down.

One other thing to consider adding is when you have commited a crime or have a wonderfull negative relationship with the law in that ship. If you sell it or change ships you should be able to get away unless they scan you and realilze who you really are. The pirate should be able to hide there Identity by buying a new one.

Just some interesting ideas to add flavior.

HarryB57
x3tc

Post by HarryB57 » Sat, 7. Jan 06, 10:05

Never played X2 but I did play X-Tension.

The "Match Target Speed" was nice in X-Tension. Was dissapointed that it was not included in X3.

J. Spartan

Post by J. Spartan » Sat, 7. Jan 06, 15:00

EDIT: ehhh forget it
The "Match Target Speed" was nice in X-Tension. Was dissapointed that it was not included in X3.
Same request as this.
"Give a man a bullet, and he'll want a gun. Give a man a gun, and he'll be giving away the bullets."

AjRyder
x3ap

Post by AjRyder » Sat, 7. Jan 06, 15:03

A Game that works!!!!!! this would be very helpful.
Star Trek Phase II watch new episodes now at

http://www.startreknewvoyages.com

My computer is fast very very fast ;)

Follow me on Twitter @Formula1Dragon

Swordsman
x3tc

Post by Swordsman » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 02:08

- Display Energy Cell cost in the "Jump and Fly to..." screen

- When pressing ESC selecting a destination go back to Navigation options menu rather than the Command Console menu

- New option for transport to go to here and buy and/or sell this, then go to here and buy and/or sell this, and do it continuously

- Increase reversing speed of ships to maybe something like a 10th of normal speed

- Maybe option for ships to notify you when they have completed their order or reached destination
Last edited by Swordsman on Mon, 9. Jan 06, 00:16, edited 1 time in total.

Swordsman
x3tc

Post by Swordsman » Mon, 9. Jan 06, 00:16

- Environmental Failure mission on BBS contains a mis-spelt $GONVERNMENT1$ tag

- When getting into on cargo floating in space the amount etc overlap the Amount label

Kitch
x3tc

Post by Kitch » Mon, 9. Jan 06, 04:54

Bug Fixes have to take priority. Too many problems just now, though the damage is already done and the poor state of release has killed a lot of new interest.

Priority has to go to things like: weapon issues - PSGs MDs Ions etc, Freeze and CTD issues, plot bug issues, wierd occurances like disappearing stations.

Autopilot is moronically stupid, merrily flying through hostile space and into asteroids and stations way too much.

TL's need some love. Restore their TS/TP carrying ability - even at a balancing cost of a reduction to their own cargo/landing bays.

Better logic for station assigned ships. More than 1 ship and the extra try and buy/sell to the exact same station giving a completely wasted journey and ship.

Turrets that actually hit what they shoot at occasionally.

Ships on 'follow' and 'protect' orders should automatically jump with the 'parent' ship if able. At very least implement the 'number of followers' pop box to jumpdrive hotkey and other jump commands than 'jump to sector'.

Graphics option for smaller asteroids on / off, or even better a slider.

Add intermediate wares as seperate entries on the buy /sell functions same as a main product rather than a poor generic setting that doesn't work.

Add a colour change / icon to the target box to show if target is within currently selected missile range.

Make AI ships use weapons in slots other than group 1.

I know many of these have scripts available, but they can casue issues and require altering of the game and many have extra features that conflict or aren't wanted.

Grassturtle
x3

Post by Grassturtle » Mon, 9. Jan 06, 05:15

Talon1571 wrote:Personally speaking, the one thing I wish was in X3 is also the least likely to appear (the game would probably need to be totally reworked).

Two words: Player Shipyards.

You can build other high tech stuff (like megashields), so why not have a factory capable of building your own warships? If you had these, there would no longer be a requirement to stay dependent on the races, so you could reach true independence...

But as stated, this would make the game altogether different.

Ah well, I can but dream =]

One word : AMEN
Station Comm : Would the pilot with the fleet of capitol ships, please take what they want.

Think outside the box .....

X_30002000
x4

Post by X_30002000 » Mon, 9. Jan 06, 13:29

Make Easy level really easy. As of now the difference is money and ship at the beginning. When you go through tunnel missions (hate them from the bottom of my hard), no difference at all. As a result I gave up my plot at AP Gonner mission (fly through asteroid is impossible for me).

Lazza
x3

Post by Lazza » Mon, 9. Jan 06, 14:58

Azordian wrote:Space must be filled with obvious obsticles, and it cannot be a bunch of stars and that's it.
I agree up to a point, but Egosoft have gone totally overboard with the inclusion of these smaller rocks. Asteroids are fine, but how they`ve chosen to place them is illogical. In many sectors you jump through a gate only to be confronted by several huge asteroids posing a serious navigational hazard. Surely any self-respecting space-going race would have moved these asteroids to a safe distance from the gates long ago and cleared the smaller rocks so that ships can navigate the sectors in safety.
Azordian wrote:You need the 'background', and if you're complaining the game slows down because of them - go and upgrade your machine. The game has a clear definition on the parameters, so you must aim above. :)Azordian
I have a PC that meets, if not is above, the recommended specs to run X3 (AMD 3200, 1Gb RAM, 256mb grafix card), but until the 1.2 patch it ran X3 like a slide-show. The 1.2 patch speeded it up enough so I started to enjoy playing the game. 1.3, with all these extra rocks, has slowed it back down again. Why???? We don`t "need" the background, why not have a choice? On/off switches for all the visual effects as they have in other games. And as for your comment "go upgrade your machine", not all of us have the resources to go out and do this. I would love to go buy another 1gb of memory, but atm I simply can`t afford it. In any case, why should I have to do this just to run one game?

I think Egosoft have put in all these rocks to punish us for all the complaints about X3, they have no other purpose in the game, AFAICS.

Lazza

JuanCudz
x3

Please make the bits of 'gravel' optional

Post by JuanCudz » Mon, 9. Jan 06, 16:04

If I had one wish for 1.4 it would be an on/off button for the little rocks. I know a lot of people like them, but I'm trying to play a game, not watch a powerpoint slideshow!!
"I had an Alfredo Garibaldi under my command during the Dilgar invasion. Excellent soldier."
"That's my dad."
"So much for genetics."
-- General Richard Franklin and Garibaldi in Babylon 5:"GROPOS"

Varlis
x2

A 100% subjective opinion :-)

Post by Varlis » Sat, 14. Jan 06, 15:33

Hey folks,

it just ocurred to me - the number of people reporting crashes and bugs has really gone done since 1.3 hasn't it?
There are still many complains about massive slowdowns (Savage spur, Argon Prime, Ore Belt... for me at least)
But all in all - 1.3 really made the game playable!

As a matter of fact, I really had hoped for a similar follow-up patch as we had for X2, with new features and stuff - but it seems we'll get a full addon.

Well just in case - here are my suggestions for another patch / addon:

- Strenghten the usefulness for the weaker / shield weapons (IONs and IRES) . Their main cause for existance was capping, wasn't it?And for that they are totally useless now.

- Don't know if that's possible - But how about a "Danger sector" list for traders, so they don't jump to the specified sectors. Should work without too much effort as we already have a sector list in the statistics. Just add a Yes-No flag.

- I really like the idea that came up for the addon (more bbs missions), but even better would be a linking of let's say 3-4 consequtive missions, as a small sidequest.

- Notification trigger for dead UTs/STs, now you only get the message "was detroyed in sector ...". I am missing the voice notification "you got mail" :-)

Just a few thoughts here - more to come. :-)

Mokonzi
x3tc

Post by Mokonzi » Sat, 14. Jan 06, 15:48

I agree with you. I think X3's awesome, and I've only played it since 1.3.

Yes, there's bugs, but when doesn't software have problems.

It's brilliantly balanced, the ships look and feel great. The complexity is staggering, yet efficently simple.

Would like to see an M7 though, I still feel that there is a gap between the M6s and M2s/M1s.

Maybe we'll get a surprise... :x3:

Baleur
x3tc

Post by Baleur » Sat, 14. Jan 06, 15:50

Agree, all things aside, 1.3 is what has made the game really fun, with the now true npc rebuilding etc =)
CPU: Intel i7 6300k RAM: 32gb GPU: nVidia 1070 6gb VRAM

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Sat, 14. Jan 06, 16:00

In my case
For npc building read - repairing the devastation caused by several months of khaak invasions, pirate swarms and sector annihalation.

For god Engine rebalancing post 1.3 read - X3 universe gone Nails.
It's like war broke out everywhere.

Of course, things are settling down now, but it was like all my christmas's had come at once. I had huge amounts of fun just keeping my empire alive after the 1.3 patch.

In fact I barricaded all my UT's and TL's in Dark Waters, docked at 7 Equipment docks, with heavy patrols in that sector, and gradually set up universe patrols that restored a semblance of order. That cost many hundreds of millions, but it was worth it.

All this carnage and massively improved trading engine meant my cash and ratings increased a lot too. Now I have Argon M1/2 ships patrolling groups of sectors, with Corvettes and fighters in attendance.

I suspect the extreme danger of the X3 universe post 1.3 for me was related to my high trade and fighting ranks.

What's interesting is that the whole makeup of the X3 universe changed, in terms of the stations. I've found that so many different stations have turned up I'm really having to think about what goes in new complexes.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Deleted User

Re: A 100% subjective opinion :-)

Post by Deleted User » Sat, 14. Jan 06, 16:09

Gavrusik
x3

Post by Gavrusik » Sat, 14. Jan 06, 16:10

What a refreshing thread! :D

I barely played before 1.3 but will say immediately massive improvement for me .. ALL aspects. It is a fearsome challenge if you so desire.

For me 1.4 is not so important as getting some officially supported scripts like in X2.. They made a HUGE difference to the game.

Riptide_NVN
x3

Post by Riptide_NVN » Sat, 14. Jan 06, 16:19

I'm having two problems.

1) CTD, intermittently, when loading a saved game.

2) When exiting the game the gamma settings don't revert back on my desktop. In other words, my desktop is exceedingly bright and I have to go back into catalyst control center and click reset on gamma for it to go back to what it should be. No other game has this problem on the machine so I'm tempted to blame X3 and not the driver.

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Sat, 14. Jan 06, 16:26

Riptide_NVN wrote:I'm having two problems.

1) CTD, intermittently, when loading a saved game.

2) When exiting the game the gamma settings don't revert back on my desktop. In other words, my desktop is exceedingly bright and I have to go back into catalyst control center and click reset on gamma for it to go back to what it should be. No other game has this problem on the machine so I'm tempted to blame X3 and not the driver.
Then you need to register your game and post in technical support. You won't find any help in this forum section I'm afraid.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”