Patch 1.3 Feedback

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Logan321
x2

Post by Logan321 » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 19:47

I've played for a few hours in the 1.3 patch, and haven't seen the massive destruction that everyone's been complaining about... I have about 10 factories, some in complexes, several trading ships per factory, and 4 UTs at lvl 25... I haven't lost anything but an m3 in an assassination mission against a TL, M6, and 5 M3s.

My factories are mostly centered in Split space tho, within a few jumps of Family Pride... Maybe the khaak and pirates just have it out for teladi and argon space? Donno.

Just how many of the people complaining about this destruction are SETA-addicts, I wonder? No, you can't leave the game on SETA-10x overnight anymore. And that's a good thing, imo. What's the point of playing if you can just use a "legal" cheat to do it?
AMD Athlon 64 @ 2340MHz, 2x 512 DDR @ 520MHz, MSI NEO2 Platinum, ATI x800 XT, Windows XP Pro SP2, Catalyst 5.12

Xaffax
x3

Post by Xaffax » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 20:55

Well acording to a lot of people here, the game has become a lot more agressive with the 1.3 patch. That would be a good thing.

I'm afraid I won't use it because the 1.3 patch has turned my X3 from what was a reasonably stable game into a twitchy buggy unstable afair.

Doesn't really matter with no cocpits and an interface from hell I won't play it much anyway.
Xaffax out!
[ external image ]

Fendalis
x3

Post by Fendalis » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 22:02

Boy, the whiners are out in force...

First, I love the 1.3 patch. Awesome. Way way way fun.

now, onto the whiners...if you have hundreds of fabs and no sector defense (or minimal sector defense), you deserve what you get. Where's the challenge if you can build and build without having to defend your empire? Now I haven't played on easy, humble merchant, or anything like that...I'm on Xtreme, with 4 factories, a TL, and a small fleet of M3s, and yeah, I've seen the Xenon flooding in from their sectors...and I'm having a blast holding them back wherever possible.

Seriously though, and I don't mean to bash people who are having trouble, but really...part of the game is Fight, and part is Think...so you've got to do more than Build and Trade, or you're going to be toast. Think about what you're doing, where you're deploying, how much defense you have...and if they come after you (Khaak, Pirates, Xenon) Fight Back!!! They aren't unbeatable...use some strategy...Think. For example, I was fighting some Pirates in Profit Share...in my Pirate Buster. Last pirate left was a Nova...I blasted him a couple times and then ran off to my TL Hercules...well the Nova was still dumb enough to blast the TL which then launched fighters....a minute later, the Nova was very dead.
:twisted:

Try playing instead of griping.
Try thinking your way out instead of waiting for another patch or a script.
</rant>
Welcome to Rev-Co
http://rev-co.net

"If something seems too good to be true it's better to shoot it just in case."

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 23:22

waited - sought - found - bought

traded - fought - built - thought

..then blew a gasket!! :lol:

- naah, only joshin'..

- it's a great game!! :D
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Classic Style
x3

Post by Classic Style » Sat, 24. Dec 05, 00:33

Thank god I had my Mammoth prior to the patch, otherwise I'd be in huge trouble...

I have had to send it to Farnahm's Legend and leave it to patrol because of the constant stream of various pirate Pirhanas and nova vanguards that see it and flee. Mind you this is after losing 16 Busters to the same sector. Which brings me (finally) to the problem I'm having.

I can't find weapons to outfit my ships, I can't make money to buy the stations to build the compenents to make the weapons which protect my transports which make my money, which yadda yadda yadda... Any ideas? ¬.¬*

Mind you, I love the fact there's so much activity... just wish it were a little slower to respawn :P
-Classic Style-

Fendalis
x3

Post by Fendalis » Sat, 24. Dec 05, 02:01

No weapons to be found? Wow. I've got quite an abundance in certain places. Try Interworlds, Cloudbase Southeast....er...I'm having brain freeze or I'd come up with more. If none of those are full, try filling them up with basic resources. You'll make some money and maybe give the weapon fabs the jump start they need.

and now back to your regularly scheduled topic.
Welcome to Rev-Co
http://rev-co.net

"If something seems too good to be true it's better to shoot it just in case."

mossfootx
x4

Post by mossfootx » Sat, 24. Dec 05, 02:02

One thing... quibble at best, but still annoying. When talking with people in flight, does anyone else end up seeing other people briefly? I get flickers of other images (for example, talking to the information chick at a station and there is a flash of a Goner monk every once in a while) Seems to happen with everyone I talk to, but always a different mis-match flicker.
Fan Fiction for X3 and Elite Dangerous
http://www.noahchinnbooks.com/articles/fan-fiction-fun/

Skeeter
x3

Few buggy things just noticed while playing today (1.3)

Post by Skeeter » Sat, 24. Dec 05, 03:35

Boron ship in Kingdoms End (great music btw as i just heard it just now).
Texture warping (UV map is wrong)

[ external image ]

Some slight rendering issues with wharf station in Antigone Memorial and solor flare (sun) visable through the hull of station.

[ external image ]

Also noticed that shaders are better in medium setting than high setting (reflections and bump mapping is off i think in high shader settings and high textures.

Also buggy anti-antilizing and Antristopic Filtering.

Start options AA is poor at 4x compared to when i use nvidia panel 4x AA.
Start options AF is poor at 16x compared to when i use nvidia panel 16x AF.

As its still really jaggeredy edges.

Anyone else notice these things?

Oh and about cap ships (testing on boron ships only so far). When you crash into one (accidentily) you cannot escape the hull as you cant accelerate away and you get pounded till you die when its clear from external view its clear. Also you can i found out that if you strafe/drift sideways into the side of boron orca you can become trapped inside the mesh and impossible to escape.

I really miss the reflections from 1.2.01 as the boron ships look dull now.

Oh and the gate seems really nice though the effect is really blooming i think with latest patch.

Eagle
x4

Post by Eagle » Sat, 24. Dec 05, 04:02

FPS increase is incredible. :D

Increased AI agression? I can handle that but Egosoft: you must, must, must work on the freezing issue - I can't play it!

Enjoy the Christmas break first though. :)

MillerTime
x3

Post by MillerTime » Sat, 24. Dec 05, 04:34

Well some good news, I installed the "LessEnemies" mod and everything seems to be balanced now, I still get Xenon, Pirates and Kha'ak but it's in a very well balance state, at least until I get my empire some defence.

I still have to defend and fight but not to the point where I'm loosing my entire empire.
Antec 3700-QBE - True-Blue 480 Watt - K8V Deluxe - AMD 3200+ - 1G Kingston HyperX PC3500 - X800XL 256 AGP - 480 Gig Barracuda's - Plextor PX-708A - LG GCE-8320B - HP P1110 Trinitron FD - Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro - Megaworks 550's.

Classic Style
x3

Post by Classic Style » Sat, 24. Dec 05, 04:38

With heavy heart, I'm having to roll back to 1-201. Not becaues of pirate, khaak, or xenon, but I'm now getting CTDs every 30 minutes or so, regardless of saving/loading/etc. That and I'm not sure what caused it but a paranid destroyer was firing at a khaak cluster and my system hung for about 15 seconds. Just before I hit C-A-D, it came back and ran choppy for another 10-15 seconds, and was fine. Granted about 2 minutes later it CTD'd.

Somewhere earlier (I think it was this thread) someone said don't upgrade if you don't need to, and at this point, I tend to agree. X ran flawlessly before, so it's time to go back to what works :)
-Classic Style-

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 24. Dec 05, 04:45

CLassic your problem might be due to the asteroids.

Classic Style
x3

Post by Classic Style » Sat, 24. Dec 05, 04:51

BlackRain wrote:CLassic your problem might be due to the asteroids.
Is this being documented anywhere, or just speculation?
-Classic Style-

Lidza
x3

Post by Lidza » Sat, 24. Dec 05, 14:20

List BUGS on 1.3

1) New asteroids can be analysed but no Ore/Silicon Mines can be deployed on them either they appear on asteroid list - Half implemented feature???

2) LAG and more LAG

LAG on Asteroid sectors
LAG when ships open fire

3) Complexes: Sell Intermediate Products; They DO NOT appear on "Products selling list" (under Station Adjustments) So its impossible to set a selling price.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 24. Dec 05, 14:26

Lidza wrote:1) New asteroids can be analysed but no Ore/Silicon Mines can be deployed on them either they appear on asteroid list - Half implemented feature???
No, this is fully intentional. Only the very largest asteroids can have mines built on them. The smaller ones are just rocks, and are only good for breaking up.

layton99
x3tc

Post by layton99 » Sat, 24. Dec 05, 14:29

Unfortunately the 1.3 patch for me hasn't been a success :cry: Frames are down is really jerky in Ore belt and other places with lots of voids was down to just 1 or 2 fps earlier when going against just 2 pirates in Paranid Prime it CTD's when I restart a saved game. Didn't have any of these problems in the last version. :?
Layton

For the SPLIT!

Lidza
x3

Post by Lidza » Sat, 24. Dec 05, 14:40

CBJ wrote:
Lidza wrote:1) New asteroids can be analysed but no Ore/Silicon Mines can be deployed on them either they appear on asteroid list - Half implemented feature???
No, this is fully intentional. Only the very largest asteroids can have mines built on them. The smaller ones are just rocks, and are only good for breaking up.
Thanks for the clarification

Please could you make a visual distinction between asteroids? (I mean different type of lock or something similar)

This would avoid spending hours analying the same asteroids, speciall the ones that are not suitable for mining stations.

Through the sector list is not possible to lock the "usefull" asteroids and when you are in between thousands of roids. Its not only timespending but also frustrating.

Also, these asteroids contribute to lots of LAG... how about an option somewhere to switch them off? Thanks

Wedge_
x3

Post by Wedge_ » Sat, 24. Dec 05, 14:49

Ego don't seem to be able to fix one thing without breaking something else at the moment.
  • I have 2 GB of RAM and a 256MB video card. Why is X3 still having to access my HD every 2 seconds, causing huge amounts of stuttering, especially during combat? I even tried killing off every nonessential process, leaving me with about 10, including X3, and it still happens. Not one of the game files is fragmented (I've checked). So what's going on?
  • The Mass Driver is apparently now the new PSG, in the sense that firing it at another ship knocks your FPS down to 1 or 2. Ego: make the f*cking hit effects optional if you can't implement them without killing performance.
  • Stability (or lack of it): X3 has been unstable from the very beginning, but I thought matters were beginning to improve with 1.2.01. Unfortunately, 1.3 has been a huge step back. CTD's (which I had never had before) and general lockups are very frequent now, and make the game almost unplayable.
The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but we cannot live forever in a cradle - Konstantin E. Tsiolkovsky

Lidza
x3

Post by Lidza » Sat, 24. Dec 05, 14:55

Lidza wrote:List BUGS on 1.3
3) Complexes: Sell Intermediate Products; They DO NOT appear on "Products selling list" (under Station Adjustments) So its impossible to set a selling price.
Regarding that point, let me add the following.

You have provided the option to sell intermediate products (kind of all or nothing). And "player" traders now can sell them what is great. But...

Now, as example you set your station with "sell" all my intermediate products. And your complex is also set to trade with all rates. What would happen?

1) Would all intermediate products (those that are stock piled and without stock piles due to internal consuption) would be sold regardless available quantities?
2) Would be sold only intermediate products that are stock piling?
3) Races would not be able to buy those intermediate products only player traders would able to sell them?

Now regarding "player" traders selling intermediated products... What would be the base sell price for them? I suspect that would be the default (averange price)... there is no option to set the sale price for those intermed products.

Thanks

Eagle
x4

Post by Eagle » Sat, 24. Dec 05, 15:26

Pound to a penny it's a sound problem (coding) causing all the freezing/crashing problems...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”