Big Bad Orca wrote:
To transfer a UT trader to another ship - you have to be in sector (I believe) and go to your own ship's command console - special commands - change pilot... then select the UT trader first, then the ship you wish him to move to and finally the station... The UT will take with him... 1x25MJ shield, 1xMk3 software, 1x fight command software mk 1, 1x fight command software... that's all he needs to do his job. Make sure your new ship does not have any of the software installed before you make the change... doesn't matter about shields, though he'll take them anyhow.
Thank you! I had been trying to move the pilot, but had no success. Tried your tip about selecting special commands / change pilots from my own ship menu
, and it worked! It did not work when selecting it through the old ship's menu (it had all upgrades installed).
Step by step:
old ship=current trader
new ship=ship you'd like pilot from old ship to transfer to
- buy a new ship, but do not install any equipment on it, except for one 25MJ shield (and of course speed-, steering and cargobay upgrades if you like). If there are no 25MJ shields available in the area you can transfer one of the shields from the old ship to the new ship before starting the exchange, for example by using the freight transporter on your own ship while you're all in space.
- park both the old ship and the new ship in space somewhere - preferably in the same sector. Do not dock them at a station
- go to your own ships com menu, select 'special commands' and then 'change pilots' (you'll probably need one of the special commands upgrades to do this, but I'm not sure)
- select the sector with the old ship, then the ship itself
- select the sector with the new ship, then the ship itself
- select the sector with the station where you want the pilot exchange to take place, then the station
- the old ship will dock first at the station, then the new ship will start moving and dock as well after the old ship has docked, so this takes some time
- when both ships have docked, the new ship will be renamed to what the old ship was called before, and the old ship will be renamed to "---"
. This can be confusing, and you may think that the exchange hasn't succeeded, but it has. Just check the ship stats and pilots.
- the trading pilot will now have brought along any extra shields, trading software mk3 and fight software mk1 & 2 from the old ship to the new ship, as well as the jumpdrive and any fighter drones and compatible missiles (I think) if this was present on the old ship
- rename the new ship to what you want, and do what you want with the old ship, now called "---"
- transfer complete!
Thanks again for the tip, you Big Bad Orca!
And feel free to use this guide in your guide, Fyrebyrd...