Space mining bug ? Please help.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

skrim
x3tc

Space mining bug ? Please help.

Post by skrim » Mon, 28. Nov 05, 14:53

In X2 Space mining was a great way to get startup cash for factorys, so naturally when I started playing X3 my first goal was to outfit a mining ship.

Split Calamin(sp?)
Mobile Drilling system
Ore Collector
Mineral Scanner
Full upgrades Cargo/engine/rudder
Programs Fight 1&2/Tade 1, 2, & 3/Special 1

Problem is when I shoot the big asteroid it breaks up into slightly smaller asteroids, none of which can be targeted or picked up. If I shoot the smaller pieces they just get destroyed leaving nothing behind.

Am I doing something wrong ? Is this a bug ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA

RogerL
x4

Post by RogerL » Mon, 28. Nov 05, 14:55

It is known bug or one of those things they didn't get time top implement rather.

Maybe in 1.3 it will work.

Bladden'Kierst
x3

Post by Bladden'Kierst » Mon, 28. Nov 05, 14:56

As far as I know, Mining is not in the game yet.
Gota wait for a future patch :(

skrim
x3tc

Post by skrim » Mon, 28. Nov 05, 14:56

Thanks, guess I'll capture some ships for startup cash. :wink:

Spacejam
x3

ORE Collector - HELP NEEDED PLEASE !!

Post by Spacejam » Mon, 28. Nov 05, 17:07

Now I have my miner ship equipped width all stuff to mining from ship. When I blow an asteroid up how the heck do I then use this ORE Collector :?: :!: :?:

When I have an asteroid broken up first time then I can’t target the pieces anymore but still all of them seems they still are way to big to “scoop” into to cargo room. I can’t figure out how I use this ore collector – no description to read how to use. The little I could read about this issue in the (extremely thin :( ) manual was not good enough.

When I open my cargo doors I trying to go close a broken piece – but every time it just disappear with a boom and of cause now my ship is damaged :evil:

HELP NEEDED plz

----------------
EDIT:

Ops – did not do a search on this issue :roll: …. Why have this issue not been written into the read me file - Really not a clever move . . . . Now I just wasted 2 f….. days :lol:
Fly safe!
----------
GAMEDAY: 8
CR: 60+ mill
UT: 10
SHIPS: 1xM7, 1xM6, 1xM3+, 1xM3, 1xM5, 14xTS
FACTORYS: 1xSilicon-L, 1xOre-L
COMPLEX: 1 whisky (2xD-L, 2xW-L, 2xB-M, 2xR-M, 2xCRY-M, 2xSSP-M)

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 28. Nov 05, 17:27

Try reading the whole thread, Spacejam. It is not possible to mobile mine in X3 at the moment. When it IS possible, you will use the ore collector by simply opening your cargo bay and running over the pieces of asteroid, exactly how you would collect any other cargo.

Spacejam
x3

Post by Spacejam » Mon, 28. Nov 05, 17:40

Okay thx – I expect it to be in the next patch then. Could the dev ppl also maybe do something about this: When the asteroid breaking up then you only getting a big boom sound but you do not actually see the rock breaking up. You just see one minute the asteroid then “zapp” . . . .now some smaller (not mush) roids. It would be nice actually seeing the rock breaking up and not . . . . it’s there. . . . oh now it’s not :o

How it is now really do not compliment the rest of the game!!!
Fly safe!
----------
GAMEDAY: 8
CR: 60+ mill
UT: 10
SHIPS: 1xM7, 1xM6, 1xM3+, 1xM3, 1xM5, 14xTS
FACTORYS: 1xSilicon-L, 1xOre-L
COMPLEX: 1 whisky (2xD-L, 2xW-L, 2xB-M, 2xR-M, 2xCRY-M, 2xSSP-M)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”