Where Is My Warp Tunnel

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Do you want the OPTION of a warp tunnel animation?

Poll ended at Fri, 25. Nov 05, 02:54

Yes
71%
No
29%

Total votes: 63

Emericol
x3

Minor issue, but I would like the choice to keep hyperspace movie.

Post by Emericol » Wed, 23. Nov 05, 01:30

It pulls me out of the game when the hyperspace cutscene jump-cuts to the next sector. I know this is a small problem when compared to the rest here and it may seem like I am looking a gifthorse in the mouth.

I like to feel I am in the game, and the sudden black screen just pulls me out of it. I understand that people disable it anyway, but I bet they don't disable it until they have seen it 20 or 30 times. If it was allready produced and is easy to give us the choice of turning off, add it back in. Also, I spent a long time searching through this forum for this answer because the Extra Search function is broken. Might have been nice to mention this small omission in the readme file or in the manual. If it is there then I missed it.

Other than that, it is a great game that runs like butter on my athlon 64 with 1 gb ram and 6600gt (1600-1200 all settings maxed) Sometimes my throttle will engage when I am sitting still (it's like the computer seems to go, "Oh no, his throttle is on" out of nowhere and I run right into stations thus blowing up). Since this only happens if I forget to return the throttle to 0 during any autopilot procedure, I view this as more my fault than yours).

For some reason, you stuck a story in this beutiful "sandbox" game, but since it is easily bypassed, or ignored, I can forgive that. I can't wait to see the mods and bonus add-ons to come. :)

Thanks.

Quiff_edd
x3

Where Is My Warp Tunnel

Post by Quiff_edd » Wed, 23. Nov 05, 02:34

Whenever I warp I get no animation. Just a total black screen until the next sector loads. It makes no difference where I am warping to or from, it always happens without fail.. Anyone else have the same problem?

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Wed, 23. Nov 05, 02:35

It's someplace...over the rainbow ~~

shasla5
x3

Post by shasla5 » Wed, 23. Nov 05, 02:37

That's normal. Egosoft didn't make a new effect. That's one step above reusing the same junk from XBTF, at least.
PC specs: Athlon 64 4000+, Geforce 7800 GT 256 MB, 2048 MB PC 3200 RAM, 200 GB 7200 RPM, 500W, nForce 4 SLI dual PCI-E.

Quiff_edd
x3

Post by Quiff_edd » Wed, 23. Nov 05, 02:39

Wow.. a space exploration game without warping effects….. go figure

Emericol
x3

Vote on wheather you want the option to turn on Warp Animation.

Post by Emericol » Wed, 23. Nov 05, 02:54

I know this doesn't seem important, but along the lines of emersion, it is.
To clarify, just the option to enable it, not having it enabled from the beginning.

Edit: I wanted to ask for a small loading screen so that we don't have to stare at an ugly black screen. You know, a picture of a ship in hyperspace, a warp effect, the developers laughing at us, a naked lady . . . SOMETHING!! :evil:

Ooops. . . lost control for a second there.

Thanks.

craigr1982
x4

Post by craigr1982 » Wed, 23. Nov 05, 03:13

This issue has been brought up again and again. The lack of advanced search function is causing it to reappear with startling regularity.

here is a link to the most recent thread. http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=104546

Emericol
x3

Post by Emericol » Wed, 23. Nov 05, 03:41

They're all combining into one entity. I think it will take over the forum and crush those that oppose it. All hail the "missing warp animation" topic.

We are the "missing warp animation" topic.

Discussion is irrellevant.

Resistance is futile.

You will be one with the topic :boron: .

Emericol added for no fathomable reason:

Scientist: Look, these topics, they are combining. . .

Red Shirted fellow scientist: I think they are alive. They have acheived independant thought.

Scientist: That's funny, there wasn't any thought in them when they were first posted . . .

Red Shirted fellow scientist dies for now reason. . . And so will this topic some day. :lol:
Last edited by Emericol on Wed, 23. Nov 05, 04:00, edited 1 time in total.

Fozzie the bear
x3

Post by Fozzie the bear » Wed, 23. Nov 05, 03:53

Not this topic again :fg:

I'm going mad :split: :evil: :twisted: :wink:

trav
x2

Post by trav » Wed, 23. Nov 05, 03:58

Fozzie the bear wrote:Not this topic again :fg:

I'm going mad :split: :evil: :twisted: :wink:
nah, let em keep it up, maybe egosoft will get fed up then give us what we want.

TK - 421
x3

Post by TK - 421 » Wed, 23. Nov 05, 09:33

Can we start a new Frame |Rtaes topic too? :lol:
why aren't I at my post?

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Wed, 23. Nov 05, 10:48

The other major topic related to the same issue is 2 pages away. Is it really too hard for you to post your opinion in the previous topic instead of spamming the board ?
nah, let em keep it up, maybe egosoft will get fed up then give us what we want.
:roll:

Or maybe they won't even see this topic because it'll be going to page 10 in a few hours 'cause of a ton of other "Ore Mine (spoiler)" or "Frame Rates" spam threads ?
X3:TC/AP Pirate Guild 3 - Yaki Armada 2 - Anarkis Defense System

Anarkis Gaming HQ
Independent Game Development
X3 Scripting and Modding Station

trav
x2

Post by trav » Wed, 23. Nov 05, 10:52

Serial Kicked wrote: Or maybe they won't even see this topic because it'll be going to page 10 in a few hours 'cause of a ton of other "Ore Mine (spoiler)" or "Frame Rates" spam threads ?
which is why we need to keep it up :P

Xaffax
x3

Post by Xaffax » Wed, 23. Nov 05, 11:53

Groundhogday anyone? :gruebel:

I thought this to be a minor yet irritating flaw in X3. But now I think Egosoft has to make fixing the warp tunnel a priority one., just to relase the forum from groundhogday. :o
Xaffax out!
[ external image ]

Krusade
x3tc

Post by Krusade » Wed, 23. Nov 05, 12:47

But then we'll be stuck in another groundhogday where we will get, warp tunnels cause huge loading times threads :P
Warning: the preceding post almost certainly contains bad grammar and spelling, sarcasm, British humour, general insanity and excessive amounts of Progressive Rock.

Slugworm X
x3

Post by Slugworm X » Wed, 23. Nov 05, 12:54

You noticed the warp tunnel effect in the X on the main load page didnt you????

Quite nifty, wot....

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Wed, 23. Nov 05, 13:03

Slugworm X wrote:You noticed the warp tunnel effect in the X on the main load page didnt you????

Quite nifty, wot....
That is just a pre-rendered movie file playing - 00800.dat in the mov folder.

The X2 jump sequences (and X3 also) were rendered in-game.
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”