Update 1.2.01 now available for X³: Reunion

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

grimdar
x3

Post by grimdar » Fri, 11. Nov 05, 23:50

WasTeD wrote:thanks for the patch. what kind of "drastic proformance increase" should i be expecting? if anything i'm now getting less proformance after installing 1.2.01 (3-20 fps on all settings). also disabling the hud now makes hardly any difference and has rendered this game mostly unplayable for me (as i was getting 25-45 fps without the hud).

my GFX card is a GeForce 6600GT, XP3000+ CPU, 1GB RAM, Windows XP Pro.
Hmm.. I have almost the same setup, so I hope I won't have any problems:

Athlon64 3200+
Dual GF 6600GT Sli PCI-e
1GB Ram
WinXP SP2

Dhore
x3tc

Congrats on the patch release

Post by Dhore » Fri, 11. Nov 05, 23:56

Jeeeeez

I just got back into playing Rome: Total War, and this comes out. Now I cant decide what to go on... :lol:

Good Job on the Fixes Egosoft :P

BadIronTree
x3tc

Post by BadIronTree » Sat, 12. Nov 05, 00:15

good work guys now i can "finish" the plot :)
BadIronTree The Greek

Righteous
x3

Post by Righteous » Sat, 12. Nov 05, 00:19

no1 else getting my prob? anyone?

Raziaar
x3

Post by Raziaar » Sat, 12. Nov 05, 00:20

What the hell!

I lowered my settings, and now with the new patch, my game runs even worse than before! I can't explain it... but now the starting sector for the aspiring merchant... which I used to travel through without any lag for the most part... is such a slow slideshow, that i'm pulling out my hair...

It ran relatively well before, but now its... AWFUL!

How is it that it can be going worse for me, even after I lowered my settings? Doesn't make ANY sense!

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Sat, 12. Nov 05, 00:22

Thanks for the patch, and it got rid of all those tool tips some of us had... I was worried we'd have to restart to lose those ;)

Small, but annoying, they were :D

As for the crashing problems, maybe try a download of patch and reinstall again? Say from ver 1 to ver 1.21? (as in the biggest download possible) - just to be sure?

I know, lame suggestion, but it maybe worth the slimmest shot ever whilst waiting for a reply huh ;)

Righteous
x3

Post by Righteous » Sat, 12. Nov 05, 00:26

hm well that will take a good bit of time :( maybe worth a try so
but i guess that means reinstall x3 as well

Bowak
x3tc

Post by Bowak » Sat, 12. Nov 05, 00:41

Gaah. I'm at my sister's in Durham for the weekend. No X3 till monday damnit!
Bowak
1 TL, 1M6, 3M3s + others The UNCC

DemaeRamen
x3

Post by DemaeRamen » Sat, 12. Nov 05, 01:14

Looks like my game is sorted.

God bless all of you Egosofts.
Always welcome! Cheap and filling!

stevecs
xr

Post by stevecs » Sat, 12. Nov 05, 01:19

Hmm. Looks like a near miss for me at least. The patch actually causes a different problem than 1.2. 1.2.01 seems to blank my screen when I'm flying through the gates, so when I actually reach the other side all the sounds play but no graphics at all. Luckily I know the keys to quit out of X3 back to the desktop which still work but I really dont' want to be at teh desktop. ;)

1.2 didn't have any gameplay issues (at least not that I noticed in my game yet but then again I'm still exploring mainly). But not having any graphics at all is kind of hard. I don't have that jedi mind trick thing down. ;)

Anyway, I did try re-loading the patch twice same problem. ??

Lonewolf102
x3

Post by Lonewolf102 » Sat, 12. Nov 05, 02:19

:cry: I finaly have the game but I am sick as a dog or mabey a dead dog oh well excited about patch :cry: :o COUGH Choke blah good night
Lonewolf, the packwolf in a diffrent season.

SoylentGreen
x3

Post by SoylentGreen » Sat, 12. Nov 05, 02:31

I dont know what you guys did, but keep doing it! Looks like game runs a bit smoother now :)
[ external image ]
"The Earth is a cradle of the mind, but we cannot live forever in a cradle."
- Konstantin E. Tsiolkovsky, Father of Russian Astronautics, 1896

OGGleep
x3

Post by OGGleep » Sat, 12. Nov 05, 02:33

Is this patch for US gamers as well? I finally got my copy in today.

speeduk
x3

New Patch is amazing!!!!!

Post by speeduk » Sat, 12. Nov 05, 03:03

Pirates are more aggressive. I now have to patrol like in X2 and have a reason to have a fleet.

THE ECONOMY IS FIXED!!!! All my spp's ran out of crytals a few hours after patching! WHY? Because the AI is now trading in everything!!!

WOOT :D

I had to raise my buying price to compensate and its much more challenging like this.

Aswell as the increase in framerate - this is just amazing.

Well done EGO you guys rock!!!!
:wink:

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 12. Nov 05, 03:08

Pirates are more aggressive. I now have to patrol like in X2 and have a reason to have a fleet.
Thought I was just a bit rusty when I got owned by two Pirate Busters in my Nova THREE TIMES! Did you notice they appear to make far better use of missiles? Like you're on their tail & they can't shake you easily so they launch a load of missile at you...cool! :-)

Scoob.

speeduk
x3

Post by speeduk » Sat, 12. Nov 05, 03:12

Scoob wrote:
Thought I was just a bit rusty when I got owned by two Pirate Busters in my Nova THREE TIMES! Did you notice they appear to make far better use of missiles? Like you're on their tail & they can't shake you easily so they launch a load of missile at you...cool! :-)

Scoob.
Yes they are even more deadly and appear with a few novas/falcons leading the groups. Makes for some nice battles.

The pirates went crazy at one point trying to blow up my tps so I have ships patrolling allover. :lol:

MJNeko

Only question I have...

Post by MJNeko » Sat, 12. Nov 05, 03:45

Is asteroid mining now possible?
Now.. I wonder if the game still restarts my system randomly, and always if I use EAX sounds... *heads off to start a new game, with hopeful thoughts* 8)

runaway101
x4

Post by runaway101 » Sat, 12. Nov 05, 03:55

Guys, I love it. Egosoft rocks, for info im running:

512mb ddr 400mhz ram
3.09 ghz p4
Geforce5600 256mb ddr gfx
SB audigy 2 platinum

at HIGH TEXTURE AND HIGH SHADOWS ON A CLEAN SYSTEM WITH NOTHING BUT XP AND DRIVERS INSTALLED!! and have perfectly clean, non jerky gameplay. This is up from the 1-5 fps I was getting on the previous patch, havent had time to find out what fps I'm getting now but I'll post when i find out.

Awsome work guys, cudos for what was obviously hard work in a very short period.

Bernd
Site Admin
Site Admin
x4

Post by Bernd » Sat, 12. Nov 05, 05:37

@Righteous: Please try reinstalling the savegame. If that doesnt help please email that savegame to bernd@egosoft.com

@Guy with the blank screen ;) Same to you. Does this only happen with one savegame or one particular sector?

-Bernd

argharg
x3

Post by argharg » Sat, 12. Nov 05, 08:59

Great!,

btw switching off Anti Aliassong and killing explorer task also helps.
What is the task name of the game? no sure it is X3.exe (just to put it on 'high' on the task manager)

For those on TFT with ati radeon, the v-sync issue is solved by pushing the refresh sync to max on the catalyst driver. This hits the framerate but the game looks much nicer.

since 1.2.01 my play is finally fluid with the following:
- pentium iv 3.4 ghz
- mem 3 gig
- ati radeon x850 xt platinum,
- logitech force feed back pro
- dell tft widescreen 24inch (1920x1200 / 60hrz / 15ms)
with the only concession of anti aliassing off.

GREAT WORK EGOSOFT, AS USUAL!

:x3: :x3: :x3: :x3: :x3: :x3: :x3:

(PLZ can someone spend one hour adding wide screen support? - you will need to implement it for the xbox version anyway so why not practicing? :wink: , not a biggy but would be cool as the planets look oval in the corners at the moment and x3 is one of the only game released this xmass without this option).

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”