[TC] Terran Campaign : Walkthrough

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mcflurey667
x3tc

Post by mcflurey667 » Mon, 17. Nov 08, 15:45

i was given a fully equipped claymore at the end of terran plot, anyone else get this? :? only problem is i cant undock it from touros it just dies imediatly? BUG ?

terran plotline sucked left so many unanswered questions and was waaaay too short :cry:
Glory Be To The Sajuuk Khar

adren
x3tc

Post by adren » Mon, 17. Nov 08, 16:29

I think if you are in sector and then undock the claymore it will be ok.

craigr1982
x4

Post by craigr1982 » Mon, 17. Nov 08, 16:48

yep I got a shiny claymore for the end too.

Now I'm fighting thru the agonising goner missions of protect this that and the other

fuzzy_oz
x3tc

Post by fuzzy_oz » Tue, 18. Nov 08, 03:44

Fresshness wrote:This thread should be stickified :!: :!: :!:
I agree.

Plus it would be nice to have a bug workaround sticky in the tech support forum. There's already a bunch of issues mentioned in this thread to get it started.

fuzzy

War-A-Tron
x3

Post by War-A-Tron » Tue, 18. Nov 08, 10:50

bergh wrote:Great! Just great. :evil:

I did this wo/reading any guide, but on mission six i had to fold.
So Egosoft, when are you gonna patch that bug?
I have the guy in my shipo, now you make a patch.
I have no save to go back to other than real old ones.

To you other guys, do you know about a script that can bypass this bug?
[/quote]

Nope. I have the scientist and docking does not register it. If I go back to the Family sector and cap a second Caimen, the mission appears to reset but there is no Split Elephant for it to dock to.

So the mission is totally broken. A Friend has Bully and laughed that the guys who made it obviously never played it properly (there is a bit that asked to move mousewheel up and mousewheel down at the same time!). I guess X3 is also to be added to the list of using their customers as beta testers :(

Allattar
x3

Post by Allattar » Tue, 18. Nov 08, 15:54

I discovered the Xenon in Mission 2 seem to be a bit crap in morale.
In that there L's tend to end up turning blue (how does a computer bail? downloading to other xenon?)

Now the nice thing about this is if you fail mission 2, the Nova jumps, you can turn round and shoot those Xenon. Netting a couple of bailed ships.

Then you get beeped about a new attack, go find it, rinse and repeat for prrroffitsssss.

Sadly I figured out what I was doing wrong after about the 5th wave, and then kicked myself when I completed the mission.

pbattersby1
x3tc

No mission 7?

Post by pbattersby1 » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 15:20

I managed to finish mission 6 (bugless thanks to the walkthrough), but now I've been flying around for a looong time and not been contacted about mission 7. Is it rep dependant (I'm still quite low with Terran's)?

pbattersby1
x3tc

Post by pbattersby1 » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 20:26

Never mind - after making a mental note not to sell the Caiman, I must have sold it anyway after mission 6. Went back to a previous save (minus a lot of rep and 9 mil credits :evil:) and the mission started after waiting a few minutes. :oops:

Chealec
x3tc

Post by Chealec » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 21:05

*** Note : My marines have NEVER even gotten through the hull of this thing. However, after 3 failed attempts, the game apparently lets the Terran Marines take over the ship. ***
That's weird - my marines captured it first time... although I did transfer all the kit, including the jumpdrive, off my Kestrel onto the Scabbard I was given to capture the Vidar and jumped that in as well so I had 2 Scabbards worth of marines boarding the #deca.

Oddly enough I did an (illegal) scan of the #deca whilst the marines were capturing it and 8 marines survived to get inside and cap the ship (none left outside). However, once that bit of the mission was over and the marines returned to one of my Scabbards there were 10 of them. Either these marines breed bloody quickly of there's something odd going on there.
[ external image ]

... old skool

George Jetson
x2

Post by George Jetson » Sat, 22. Nov 08, 01:03

Jeez. Take the world's best sandbox space game franchise, bork the economy and add a bunch of cheesy, seriously broken, purile scripted missions.

Someone needs a slap in the head with a big wet fish.

Dakeyras666
x3tc

Post by Dakeyras666 » Sat, 22. Nov 08, 02:39

Mission 7 is truly beginning to bug me now. First time, as was mentioned earlier, for some reason your Scabbard's cargo life support is not recognised, so you cannot collect the dignitaries to complete the mission, and I had no other ship with life support with me at the time.

Second time, my marines refuse to board the deca and just vanish every time they claim to be "approaching the target" (did this between 5 & 7 times).

I've been doing this same section for god only knows how many hours, on this supposedly easy mission, and it's 1:40am, so I'm gonna hit the sack and try again tomorrow. Third time lucky?

BTW, the walkthrough is a grand job, and helped me get through the seriously bugged mission 5 so cheers :D

fung

Post by fung » Sat, 22. Nov 08, 02:50

Dakeyras666 wrote:Mission 7 is truly beginning to bug me now.
yeah last mission was annoying as hell. restarted like 10 times because my marines would just fail and then float away. eventually i just left the game on SETA while i went to shower or something came back to see that the terrans captured the #deca..

Also, I noticed that whenever I'm in SETA nothing takes damage anymore. For example, while in SETA during mission 7, the #deca would start regenerating its shields.............. Then just yesterday, I saw a lone Khaak scout being attacked by like 10 Argon military ships and it wasn't taking damage at all. This isn't supposed to happen is it?

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Sat, 22. Nov 08, 03:23

Turrets don't work on SETA.

bent1ck
x3

Post by bent1ck » Sat, 22. Nov 08, 05:29

I just completed the campaign 2 days ago. The walkthrough helped immensely, thanks.

In the last mission, I did not attempt to capture the #deca (CPU Ship).
I just slowly followed the TYR and when I was close to the #deca a message came thorough that the #deca was captured. I then collected the dignatairies in my Cutlass. When I docket at the Torus.....mission complete, whew!

Love the Vidar. Maybe I'll buy a couple Springblossom's for wingmen.

Dakeyras666
x3tc

Post by Dakeyras666 » Sat, 22. Nov 08, 15:35

Well I finally completed mission 7 today, got my Claymore, and like many others was unable to undock from Earth Torus. That's not quite accurate, I could undock, but my ship couldn't actually move at all. I was also therefore unable to re-dock, unable to get in my old ship, and now have to go back to my save just before I entered the Earth gate. Trivial, but annoying. It just seems this Terran plot is impossible to fully complete... *sigh*

JamesJB
x4

Post by JamesJB » Sat, 22. Nov 08, 23:23

Hi once ya drop the people off at Earth Torus is the Terran Story over? if so that was short it seems hehe. Was enjoyable though :)

Do i need to report to General Ishiyama? i ask cause when i look in my messages it says so but i cant seem to remember where he was,Any idea?

Creston
x3tc

Post by Creston » Sun, 23. Nov 08, 07:34

James,

Yes, the Terran campaign ends once you dock with the Torus. I can't imagine why you'd need to go talk to Ishiyama (?) once again :) but I think he's in the Orbital Patrol Base in Asteroid Belt.

Thanks to all the kind words, and to everyone who has been answering questions in my absence. I've decided to stop playing TC until the ridiculous performance issues are solved, and Fallout 3 is keeping me occupied. :)

Creston

Elestia

Post by Elestia » Sun, 23. Nov 08, 13:10

Bleh, I'm stuck on mission 6 where I need to deliver the scientist to the moon's orbital defence base. Stupid, station won't recognize my delivery of the prisoner. The reason? I didn't use the Cutlass they gave me for the mission, and instead sold it for some extra cash.

If I buy or create another cutlass and transfer the scientist between freights, will it fix the problem with the station?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 23. Nov 08, 15:23

I don't recall that the Cutlass is an issue. The Caiman you capture earlier in the mission sequence, THAT can cause issues if it's been destroyed or you've sold it!

Mav'r'ck

Post by Mav'r'ck » Sun, 23. Nov 08, 23:57

I've just finished the plot, no significant problems that weren't easily solved in by a glance at the walkthough.

Except this.

When I undock from the Torus, having completed the plot, the Terrans literally shoot me out of hyperspace...I can fly to the gate, or charge my jumpdrive, but it seems as soon as I jump I get instantly killed.

Nice one.

Maybe I'll try flying out in the claymore instead.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”