Multiple monitor usage help

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ed t'Klr
x3fl

Multiple monitor usage help

Post by Ed t'Klr » Sat, 23. Mar 24, 06:19

So, I got 2 monitors and an old CRT TV connected on my pc and I want to use the CRT as one of the in-game mini-screens (that'll be set as auto target).

Is there a way to do that?
***modified***

ItWasntMe
x3ap

Re: Multiple monitor usage help

Post by ItWasntMe » Sat, 23. Mar 24, 08:39

Well I did some searching and apparently none of the X3s (and probably X-Rebirth and X4) have multiple monitor support. I read that X2 could do it but with any later game the best you can do is spread the game over many screens to make one big screen. I did look for an option to do that but I can't seem to see it but that might be becuase I have two screens of different sizes and/or one of them is a TV.
Split say: ***Arrrg!!!***

Ed t'Klr
x3fl

Post by Ed t'Klr » Sat, 23. Mar 24, 09:49

So, it's improv time..
Can I make a secondary monitor to focus to a specific part of the main monitor and magnify that part to cover the full secondary monitor?
***modified***

ItWasntMe
x3ap

Post by ItWasntMe » Sat, 23. Mar 24, 10:38

I don't know but that's an interesting thought. I wonder if some kind of magnifier might work? I imagine there are programs out there that will do what you describe but I don't know of any.
Split say: ***Arrrg!!!***

Blitz4
x4

Post by Blitz4 » Wed, 3. Apr 24, 04:13

ItWasntMe wrote:
Sat, 23. Mar 24, 08:39
Well I did some searching and apparently none of the X3s (and probably X-Rebirth and X4) have multiple monitor support. I read that X2 could do it but with any later game the best you can do is spread the game over many screens to make one big screen. I did look for an option to do that but I can't seem to see it but that might be becuase I have two screens of different sizes and/or one of them is a TV.
Imagine if they did allow something like that or didn't hardcode the ability for modders to add the support.

Remember Fallout 4, how they had a mobile app and if you linked it to the game on the same network, the mobile app would allow you to view a realtime map or inventory listing on a separate device. Probably more too.

Euro Truck Simulator 2, a popular Sim Driving game. Of course as a driving sim it has realistic triple monitor projection that's unskewed as well as VR support. That's expected out of any sim racing game, without that it's not considered a sim. However it does one more. This mobile app called Virtual Dashboard lets stream the dashboard on your tablet. When using monitor arms, it just makes sense and lets you have more fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X67_eTXOyl0

btw. The two modern realistic flight sims in existence that are declassified, accessible to the public, also allow realistic triple monitor projection that's unskewed as well as VR support. To me this means X3 is an arcade game, not a sim. However the alife in the game would make it a sim. To me, that's not how gamers think. Don't matter to me however. The names we call things is only to put words on our feelings. The game is fun, that's all that matters. Will all of my sim racing and sim air friends enjoy the game? Heck no. And that's fine with me. Those two modern realistic flight sims are called Microsoft Flight Simulator and DCS World. I read the Apricot mapping guide before playing X3:TC, but imagine reading the real manual of a military aircraft (if curious, there's more realistic sims the military uses and current gen aircraft is not allowed to be realistically simulated by the public):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb1u_hnlliY

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”