GONER PLOT [THINGS I ENDURE IN THIS GAME]

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

phantomrock2
x4

GONER PLOT [THINGS I ENDURE IN THIS GAME]

Post by phantomrock2 » Wed, 6. Dec 23, 18:34

still in the Void sectors AS A GONER and when I was offered a ship for sale from one of the Boron it was a Mako Raider that had four IRE mounted on it
So thinking as something that resembles a master strategist I ordered it to dock at the SHQ and SAVED THE LOADOUT yes I saved the loadout yes I did with lasers included then only to come back some time later and order the SHQ to build the ships and when I look to see if the weapons were even in the freight bay NOPE NOT MOUNTED NOR CAN BE FOUND IN THE FREIGHT BAY which is a major disappointment because I will need a fleet squad of at least four to help with the pirates in Paranid space!!!!!!!!!!!

and when I see Goners flying all over the known space save for the Xenon sectors I do not see the being attacked and OK WATCH THIS if you attack them you draw the unwanted attention of the military in that space. However, yeah however.
[" thank you "]

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Re: GONER PLOT [THINGS I ENDURE IN THIS GAME]

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Wed, 6. Dec 23, 19:48

phantomrock2 wrote:
Wed, 6. Dec 23, 18:34
still in the Void sectors AS A GONER and when I was offered a ship for sale from one of the Boron it was a Mako Raider that had four IRE mounted on it
So thinking as something that resembles a master strategist I ordered it to dock at the SHQ and SAVED THE LOADOUT yes I saved the loadout yes I did with lasers included then only to come back some time later and order the SHQ to build the ships and when I look to see if the weapons were even in the freight bay NOPE NOT MOUNTED NOR CAN BE FOUND IN THE FREIGHT BAY which is a major disappointment because I will need a fleet squad of at least four to help with the pirates in Paranid space!!!!!!!!!!!

and when I see Goners flying all over the known space save for the Xenon sectors I do not see the being attacked and OK WATCH THIS if you attack them you draw the unwanted attention of the military in that space. However, yeah however.
Making a BP of a ship only makes the ship bp. It does "not" get built with anything equipped. Also think of the price associated to the building as a registration fee. Or labor fee. All shields, weapons and equipment / extension's must still be acquired via Dock (Trade or EQ). Or transferred from a ship storing said equipment.

Saving a loadout can save what is equipped for ease of equipping via single click "only". It tells the station what you desire on the ship. But the PHQ must still have the required items to equip it with. It is not the same as having multiple ships docked at a shipyard and using the equip all at once where it puts everything on the docked group. Or having it built with the "equipment" already. Some ships come with "pre-installed" components. Those are marked as such.

For this reason alone, I keep a TL docked fulltime at my HQ with all the necessary items for load-outs. When you select from a saved loadout, it will equip everything available to it, spending credits from the PHQ account to equip said ships with extensions, and apply any weapons / shields / missiles in it's inventory.

Hope this clarifies this aspect for you.

Oh, Goner start or not, the player is there own faction. Keep in mind you are penalized for defending yourself "as well" against those neutral or higher to the faction's space you are in. "Regardless of who shot first." And they will not come to your defense either. The only response you will get is "sorry we cannot help you at this time." The only exception to shooting things is in pirate space. They don't care who you attack, save other pirates. I watched a Kariudo of mine get destroyed by a Teladi Rapid Response Peregrine after it return fired on a group of Strong Arms who began blasting it after coming out of a gate in PTNI. Needless to say losing the marines on it forced me to reload a save. It got locked in place and could not jump out. And during a jump all turrets go silent and don't even intercept missiles. Oh, RR fleets will also target any TLs or flying assets you have long after you leave the sector in one of these scenarios. :evil:

One final thought. This addon to X3 was created in the design that everything, and I mean every aspect punishes and nerf's the player. Some like the extreme challenge, some do not.

Edit***
BTW, in regards to the pirates in Holy Vision, the game tells you don't go after the M3s. If the M4 and M5s are gone, you will need to find a pirate combat mission to spawn the lighter scouts and interceptors to finish. The game don't care where you get your kills from. And local police / military will target those and any other pirates.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”