Passenger stuck in complex

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

vincele

Passenger stuck in complex

Post by vincele » Sun, 19. Nov 23, 16:30

X3FL / X3 Terran War Pack / GoG / Linux

I bought a used ship near my crystal plex in mines of fortune. Grabbed the previous pilot to get him to his destination, which was listed as a member station (a silicon mine) of this complex. Then I docked there to release him. It did not go as usual: the pilot disappearing and me getting a point of honor, but instead he stayed in the station, listed in "passenger queue".

It does not look like I can do anything with him now.

Is this a bug or the usual PEBKAC ?

Screenshot:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1u7vu80 ... sp=sharing

EDIT: I removed the img markup, as it was not working properly...

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Re: Passenger stuck in complex

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Mon, 20. Nov 23, 14:08

It's either a picnic scenario or coded as Id ten Tea?

:lol:

Kidding. Couldn't resist those jokes. :D

I had a passenger get stuck at the Military Base in Aladna's Hill. But then that was the Boron from the start section. He was stuck in space so I scooped him up, then was able to drop him off there.

I've never had a random pilot bail or sold ship bail do that. Doubt it's a bug, just a gremlin in the machine playing with you. :D
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

iXenon

Post by iXenon » Mon, 20. Nov 23, 23:45

It looks that it works as designed. Once the ship with the pilot reaches the destination station, the pilot moves to that station and appears in the "Comm" menu. They may offer a quest afterwards, I believe.

vincele

Post by vincele » Mon, 27. Nov 23, 00:24

iXenon wrote:
Mon, 20. Nov 23, 23:45
It looks that it works as designed. Once the ship with the pilot reaches the destination station, the pilot moves to that station and appears in the "Comm" menu. They may offer a quest afterwards, I believe.
OK, thanks for the explanation. I should have checked the transaction log to see if I have been awarded the price for the ride...

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 28. Nov 23, 09:59

vincele wrote:
Mon, 27. Nov 23, 00:24

OK, thanks for the explanation. I should have checked the transaction log to see if I have been awarded the price for the ride...
I paid attention to my last few passengers. Those I picked up after buying a used ship. They vanished for me without a trace. I bought about 4 different ships, checked there names, they all went to the Trading Station in system. I have to say I am unable to recreate what you are seeing.

Just to confirm, these are scooped up pilots in space-suits right? Not taxi/mission passengers?

Looking at the picture again, this is your station complex, not NPC station. Check back and see if they are still there after some in game hours. Maybe they vanish over time.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

vincele

Post by vincele » Wed, 29. Nov 23, 12:37

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Tue, 28. Nov 23, 09:59
Just to confirm, these are scooped up pilots in space-suits right? Not taxi/mission passengers?
Yep, as I said I bought a second-hand used ship at a bargain price, then grabbed the previous pilot that ejected himself from the ship after selling it to me. I happened that the nearest station was a mine in my complex a few km away.
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Tue, 28. Nov 23, 09:59
Looking at the picture again, this is your station complex, not NPC station. Check back and see if they are still there after some in game hours. Maybe they vanish over time.
I'll have a look next time I get there I.S.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”