Boarding mission target

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

HellR1der
x4

Boarding mission target

Post by HellR1der » Fri, 3. Feb 23, 19:46

When board assassination mission target it jumps out at becoming green moment and marines disappear from staff property tab. is it a bug or work as intended?
Мы не ищем легких путей! (с) Кто-то о разобранной ради добычи оттуда борона верфи

Martin Head
xr

Re: Boarding mission target

Post by Martin Head » Sat, 4. Feb 23, 11:48

HellR1der wrote:
Fri, 3. Feb 23, 19:46
When board assassination mission target it jumps out at becoming green moment and marines disappear from staff property tab. is it a bug or work as intended?
Did the assassination mission succeed, or fail. It might be that the mission timer, timed out just as you captured the ship. And the ship jumped out and was destroyed along with your marines.

If the mission succeed, Do you own the ship without any marines onboard. If so the marines may be floating in space wherever the ship is.

When boarding a non assassination ship, I have seen marines thrown out of the ship being boarded if it jumps to another sector.

HellR1der
x4

Post by HellR1der » Sun, 5. Feb 23, 15:45

Martin Head wrote:
Sat, 4. Feb 23, 11:48
HellR1der wrote:
Did the assassination mission succeed, or fail. It might be that the mission timer, timed out just as you captured the ship. And the ship jumped out and was destroyed along with your marines.

If the mission succeed, Do you own the ship without any marines onboard. If so the marines may be floating in space wherever the ship is.

When boarding a non assassination ship, I have seen marines thrown out of the ship being boarded if it jumps to another sector.
Mission succeed. Ship disappears. In other cases boarded ship jumps out, like regular pirate marauders, marines remain inside (dont know about what happens if jump while breaking hull, never saw) and i can see them in property menu, thats how i can find where it jumped.

PS: it can be avoided by destruction of jumpdrive before ship is captured, so it is not some "destroy mission target on mission success" script, just weird glitch i believe.
Мы не ищем легких путей! (с) Кто-то о разобранной ради добычи оттуда борона верфи

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sun, 5. Feb 23, 18:24

Yes, it's very annoying when it happens. Complete waste of time and effort to capture the ship. Good news is it doesn't happen all that often. Things like this are among the reasons why I have a savegame before accepting missions. Usually, the only recourse is to reload and accept the mission again. This will generate a new target for you that will, hopefully, not jump out when you capture it.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 9. Feb 23, 22:02

I'm facing the daunting task of having to increase my combat rank enough to get a Woden as a target. Even breaking out the M7Ms is a slow process.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Mon, 6. Mar 23, 10:05

HellR1der wrote:
I think this bug was in AP and it can occur with Rapid Response ships also. No idea what causes it, but you can usually prevent the disappearing act by changing a variable: if disappears when in-system, be Out of System when the boarding completes or vice-versa.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”