How does the mechanism of passengers work?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

gbcat

How does the mechanism of passengers work?

Post by gbcat » Mon, 16. Jan 23, 13:58

After purchase a ship in the space, I always collect the former owner (listed as a passenger) and send they to the nearest station, usually by eject them near the station.
Then I find something interesting:
If I dock at some stations, the passenger will disappear.
But for other stations, the passenger will still sit in my cargo
Is it the feature of the game or just a disappearing bug?
If it is the former, then how does a passenger decide to leave or go?

PS: I think the best usage of these independent passengers is making them pilots of my trading ships so that I don't need to train a newbie pilot from level 1. Is it correct?

gbcat

Re: How does the mechanism of passengers work?

Post by gbcat » Mon, 16. Jan 23, 14:22

OK I think this should be a randomly disappearing bug.

If I eject the passenger near the station, after the astronaut docks at the station, they will become a contact in the comms list.

BEFORE:
https://z4a.net/images/2023/01/16/20230116210857_1.jpg

AFTER:
https://z4a.net/images/2023/01/16/20230116210900_1.jpg

But if I docked my ship at the specific station and the passenger disappears from my cargo, they will disappear forever, not in the comms list.

https://z4a.net/images/2023/01/16/20230116211110_1.jpg
Last edited by X2-Illuminatus on Mon, 16. Jan 23, 19:09, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: oversized images now linked

DanKara
x4

Re: How does the mechanism of passengers work?

Post by DanKara » Mon, 16. Jan 23, 14:43

gbcat wrote:
Mon, 16. Jan 23, 13:58
Is it the feature of the game or just a disappearing bug?
It is a feature, introduced in X3FL. - And you are loosing credits by just ejecting them near (any) station!

The floating pilots (either from bailed or purchased ships) will want to get to a certain station (usually the nearest one) after you collected them from space - and offer a reward in credits (up to 800k in my recent experience, may have changed in the past). Sadly this isn't comunicated in game (other than the increase in cash).
To see where your collected pilot wants to go - rightclick on him in the 'passenger'-list in your ships-cargobay and look at 'info' (me thinks?). You can't reset the destination anymore by ejecting+recollecting one/all pilots - but you still get the reward even on remotely docking ships (while you fly something else).

X3FL also introduce a (hidden) 'moral'-stat that plays a part in Bailing - the lower your 'moral' the less likely is a NPC-pilot to bail.
Bringing these pilots/passengers to their wanted destination is (AFAIK) the sole working option to increase your 'moral'-stat. (And 'repurposing' them as slaves will definitely lower your 'moral' - not sure what happens if they get 'employed' as MK3-trader).

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”