Station storage options explained

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Mr.Killer
x4

Station storage options explained

Post by Mr.Killer » Tue, 29. Nov 22, 18:55

As far as my knowledge goes, I hope to explain what these difference them.
In my HeadQuarter I can place an item and that goes in the list definitely. Building a trading dock in another sector, or even an Equipmentdock, these items can be stored there as well. (Have not tried all)
  • STORAGE
This gives the specific item the one way to the station option: No buying or selling. Does NOT auto refuel e-cells for docking ships. Can NOT import or export these goods with trade commands (Trade Distribution/Fetch Goods etc).
  • PRODUCT
This gives the specific item the option for other factions to buy it. Leave a minimum if needed for building! (goes for others too except resource)
  • RESOURCE
This gives the specific item the use-only-for-station option. Buy only. Does NOT auto refuel e-cells for docking ships. Can import these goods with trade commands, but not export.
  • TRADEABLE
This gives the specific item the trade option, every other faction can buy or sell it to you/from you. Can auto refill e-cells. Buy or Sell.

If, in all my wisdom, I have made a mistake, please help to improve and alter the text. I used it often wrong, and so I hope that with your (the community) help I eventually can make it into a helpfull page where starters can pull knowledge from.
Last edited by Mr.Killer on Wed, 30. Nov 22, 13:02, edited 2 times in total.

Hwitvlf

Re: Station storage options explained

Post by Hwitvlf » Wed, 30. Nov 22, 00:17

I think these are new terms for the classic "buy/sell" options.
Storage: No buying or selling. Does NOT auto refuel e-cells for docking ships. Can NOT import or export these goods with trade commands (Trade Distribution/Fetch Goods etc).
Product: Sell only. Can auto refill e-cells. Can export these goods with trade commands, but not import.
Resource: Buy only. Does NOT auto refuel e-cells for docking ships. Can import these goods with trade commands, but not export.
Tradable: Buy or Sell. Can auto refill e-cells. Can export and export these goods with trade commands.

Mr.Killer
x4

Re: Station storage options explained

Post by Mr.Killer » Wed, 30. Nov 22, 09:48

It is a bit hard to test these settings in the game, so many ships settings to go through, and then back to the station settings.... It is not possible to use another screen to check and set the station, and in game have ships checked. Your own ships can do everything, so that is a no brainer.....
I will evaluate your findings and edit it later @Hwitvlf.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”