How to move a complex hub

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

iXenon

Re: How to move a complex hub

Post by iXenon » Wed, 30. Nov 22, 18:12

Mr.Killer wrote:
Wed, 30. Nov 22, 15:33
The planner I cannot show you, I'm afraid if I give any sort of command to the Mammoth, it'll ruin everything.
The Complex Planner has nothing to do with real complexes, it's only a catalogue that's is needed for informational purposes or for the initial build up. It is in player menu.
Does it contain something from Paranid or Split property?

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Thu, 1. Dec 22, 13:03

iXenon wrote:
Wed, 30. Nov 22, 18:12
Mr.Killer wrote:
The planner I cannot show you, I'm afraid if I give any sort of command to the Mammoth, it'll ruin everything.
The Complex Planner has nothing to do with real complexes, it's only a catalogue that's is needed for informational purposes or for the initial build up. It is in player menu.
Does it contain something from Paranid or Split property?
As I recall telling that I am mortal enemies with them, according to the startup script, (Lost terracorp pilot), I tried to become friendly but they ignore me and keep killing everything I try.

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Thu, 1. Dec 22, 13:05

Sovereign01 wrote:
Wed, 30. Nov 22, 17:48
Mr.Killer wrote:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2895537112
This below is the total amount of stations it broke. Except for the two oremines and one solar power plant. Those three were part of complex hub beta and I tried to put everything from complex alpha in complex beta.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2895538694
Well you can just reload after taking the screenshot, that's no problem :D . Have you got any stations connected to that complex hub? I'm not seeing any silicon mines in that list of stations despite that sector having four silicon asteroids.
I shall look into your suggestion, I hope I do not screw things up, as it took quit a long time to assemble all items (not telling about how much money it costs)

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Thu, 1. Dec 22, 14:04

Sovereign01 wrote:
Wed, 30. Nov 22, 17:48
Well you can just reload after taking the screenshot, that's no problem :D . Have you got any stations connected to that complex hub? I'm not seeing any silicon mines in that list of stations despite that sector having four silicon asteroids.
I looked at the command, and I cannot reveal the action I gave it earlier, sorry. I restarted the action though, but it gave immediately the same response:Idle ......notoriety...

Also I looked in the player menu, the complexplanner? it is empty. Why you would ask? As I was planning the simple move of two complexes into one, from one side of the sector Light of Heart to the other side, I did not see, or notice an option to save this action.

Is it that hard to move simple a few stations that were connected from one to another side when items are all available and purchaseable for me? I do not understand why this simply is impossible and it starts to anger me slowly.... :rant:

iXenon

Post by iXenon » Thu, 1. Dec 22, 14:23

Mr.Killer wrote:
Thu, 1. Dec 22, 14:04
Also I looked in the player menu, the complexplanner? it is empty. Why you would ask? As I was planning the simple move of two complexes into one, from one side of the sector Light of Heart to the other side, I did not see, or notice an option to save this action.

Is it that hard to move simple a few stations that were connected from one to another side when items are all available and purchaseable for me? I do not understand why this simply is impossible and it starts to anger me slowly.... :rant:
Not sure if I can understand where the problem is. It's always better to have everything you have built in the Complex Planner, even if you built it manually. Just create a new plan and add existing stations or complex there. At least, it will show the goods/resources balance. And as an option you can order you TL to rebuilt the complex again. It will move existing stations. I have done it several times and had no problems with that.

P.S. Complex planner also shows you if notoriety is good for stations you are going to add there.

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Thu, 1. Dec 22, 16:08

`You are saying to next use the player settings - complex planner...... I will withold my anger and try this next time....

Edit: I think I found the culprit. As I was aiming for a 25Mj shield producing plant, I finally found one with other factions, in the planner are only the major factions visible. Maybe that is what the process halted.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Thu, 1. Dec 22, 19:43

Mr.Killer wrote:
Wed, 30. Nov 22, 13:09
I wonder why my Mammoth is stationary at my HQ while complex building is not finished. All this time my stations are doing nothing, that's a shame.
I looked at the command I gave it and it says that it is idling because of notoriety too low.
Anyone any tips for me and my totally crap complex?
A neat features in FL is that you can usually select a line in a menu and push 'i' to display information about the selected item. If you reopen the plan you used to make/move this complex, you can highlight each factory type included, push 'i', and it will show you where the factory can be purchased, and what notoriety is required.
Is it possible to perform upgrade automatically once stations are ready?
I'm playing the unofficial update and there's an 'upgrade factories' command in the Special Commands menu for TLs. The encyclopedia says in needs Build Mk3,and works for factories and complexes.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”