Going to the terran territory

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Mr.Killer
x4

Going to the terran territory

Post by Mr.Killer » Thu, 10. Nov 22, 21:09

Question: How do we get to the Terran territory? As I now played the sandbox - lost ship, only advanced spacesuit mission, I finally could build up a bit of a ship. Hard, but it made me wonder how to get to the Terran territory, as it is most likely there! Even the simpler mission (what I now call simple!!!) I roamed around everywhere, but never got there too... Is that again off limits?

Argent Valcendre

Re: Going to the terran territory

Post by Argent Valcendre » Fri, 11. Nov 22, 22:31

You will need to find and claim the Spacelab first. The terran territory can be found during a plot mission. How to start it was explained in this post:
Cycrow wrote:
Sat, 2. Oct 21, 19:14
To unlock the Terran Plot:
Spoiler
Show
You first need to have acquired at least 700'000 discovery points (total, not available)
And then build your first TOA (the plot one doesn't count)

Once the TOA is built, you will then find a special discovery item to buy from the explorers guild, costing 250'000 points
This will then start the plot missions

iXenon

Post by iXenon » Sat, 12. Nov 22, 07:55

So, that plot is always in the game and it doesn't matter if this a typical start or the sandbox?

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Sun, 13. Nov 22, 18:12

iXenon wrote:
Sat, 12. Nov 22, 07:55
So, that plot is always in the game and it doesn't matter if this a typical start or the sandbox?
I think this is true for the Terran plot. The opening "tutorial" plot is skipped in sandbox.

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Mon, 14. Nov 22, 17:06

So do I understand that from the startmission I did, finding no special items, finding no way to the void for instance, and when I cannot find the spacelab, how am I gonna have to claim the spacelab... Well, I have to keep looking then...... This mission is by far easy, a lot fractions that are very pissed at me from the start... Even doing xenon-kill missions overlapsing in Paranid territory, actually helping them, did not make any peace.... Hope I can find it in time, then I might use some diplomacy on them... Sometimes building missions require parts from them...
:D

Argent Valcendre

Post by Argent Valcendre » Tue, 15. Nov 22, 03:37

You can go to the void, but the Spacelab is placed in a random sector.

While playing the lost Terracorp Pilot scenario, if the Spacelab wasn’t in some Xenon sector, it would almost feel too easy.

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Tue, 15. Nov 22, 07:32

Mr.Killer wrote:
Mon, 14. Nov 22, 17:06
how am I gonna have to claim the spacelab... Well, I have to keep looking then......
Fastest way to find the Spacelab-HQ in a challenging sandbox-game would be with a search-script like the 'All Seeing Eye' .

Mr.Killer wrote:
Mon, 14. Nov 22, 17:06
... a lot fractions that are very pissed at me from the start... ... Hope I can find it in time, then I might use some diplomacy on them...
While ‘Diplomacy’ can give you some big increase in the reputation with one particular faction, it also comes with hefty RepLosses with their opponents. In my games it often turned a barely green faction (I was working on - again) back to deep red. Most of the time with annoying side effects like … attacked stations of mine… disrupted trade lanes…
I found that going the long way is by far easier (tedious but more predictable). I suggest to bring up your reputation with the Teladi first, as they are neutral to most factions. Then do in Teladi space mission for either Argon/Boron or Paranid/Split (and refrain from doing missions for the opposite guild). At rank 10 (or 7 99%) with the first guild (e.g. Argon/Boron) you can start working exclusively for the other guild (e.g. Paranid/Split – while tanking your ranks with Argon/Boron until that declines down to the first green rank, at that time you have to switch sides again to keep both guilds balanced).
I suggest to start with Argon/Boron (and by this their Corporations and Goners) as they seem to have the easiest access to stuff like JumpDrives, TransporterDevices and so on. That stuff I prioritized getting the ‘licences’ for for my HQ-equipment-list.

If you are going to collect some/all Blueprints, I suggest to buy ships as well as blueprints for stations from faction you have (currently) high RepRanks with, while taking / claiming / boarding ships from faction that are (currently) deep red to you. Caution: working for the Terrans will piss of everyone else. I found it impossible to keep all (main) factions balanced at higher ranks (7-10) so my ‘Tour de Universe’ went along this route: Teladi first, Terrans second, after that Argon/Boron and lastly Paranid/Split. I never bothered to befriend the criminals, (almost) everything they have to offer I have stolen.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”