Why does recycle ......

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Mr.Killer
x4

Why does recycle ......

Post by Mr.Killer » Tue, 18. Oct 22, 15:26

Question that bothers me very much: Why does the option recycle in the HQ not actually remove all onboard items, shields, products, weapons before the recycle proces begins?
I watched a small jaguar with 1Mj shield and two partical accellerator cannons go into recycle, and I read somewhere on this forum that this would be automatically be done, but there it was, recycle process over, looking at items, same amount as before...
Should this not be the case?
Why not being there an option to empty all ships before this process? and that goes also with the reverse engineering.
Nice options, but if they only work half, and ships with a lot of equipment installed, that is all gone after reverse engineering. ****** job if I may say so. In my opinion, RE should only take apart and put together again to see how things work, not what we experience....

Sovereign01
x4

Re: Why does recycle ......

Post by Sovereign01 » Wed, 19. Oct 22, 15:57

All you can do with equipment is offload it to the HQ or in the case of software, transfer to another docked ship.

Hwitvlf

Re: Why does recycle ......

Post by Hwitvlf » Sun, 23. Oct 22, 19:31

If I had a vote for one feature to add to FL, this would be it. The Litcube Universe mod had a 'strip ship' command and also 'drop cargo' which left equipped items behind. I really miss them in FL. Because bailed ships are so common, I end up spending tons of time transferring all their equipment to the HQ manually. It was the same way in AP though, wasn't it? So I can't complain. FL is still a massive improvement over AP.

I recently learned that FL has a neat feature for 'selling' software though. If you apply a loadout with no upgrades/software to a ship, you effectively sell all the upgrades/software it had onboard. I used to spend tons of time juggling software around on retired/captured ships. Now I just transfer unwanted software to a Pirate Nova and apply a stripped loadout to sell it. To make a stripped loadout, just toggle all categories to 'no' when saving the loadout and 'yes' when applying the loadout.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”