Markings in owner property

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Mr.Killer
x4

Markings in owner property

Post by Mr.Killer » Sat, 15. Oct 22, 12:43

Hi here,

I've been playing the Farnham's legacy now for the sixth or seventh time, starting from scratch all the way. My question is when I open my property ships screen, I see the names of the ships and then sometimes a yellow capitol M is in front of its serialcode or shipcode if you want.
The Toucan Prototype I found in Kingdom End, has this. I have no idea what it means, what it does.
I had set the homebase in The Void Epsilon and let it fly there. By the time it arrived I looked and saw this M-character in front of it's designation.
Anyone who can shine a light on this?
Thanks

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Markings in owner property

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 15. Oct 22, 12:55

The letters are the status of the ship. M is for Managed ships, this indicates its being managed by its homebase (either station or carrier)

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Sat, 15. Oct 22, 13:11

Oh, ok, so, that indicates the fact that when I fight in a battle and one of the opponents leaves their ship, I go out to claim it, repair it and in the corner of my eye i see my ship leave the scene, going obviously to the homebase (on the other side of the galaxy, darn!)
Can't keep up because of the 32 engine updates I collected...
(My ship has the setting too, homebase I mean. I thought it was only used for navigation and not autonomous sending ships to homebase?)
How do I remove it then? cannot give orders to the ships.....

Thanks man!

iXenon

Post by iXenon » Sat, 15. Oct 22, 14:06

Mr.Killer wrote:
Sat, 15. Oct 22, 13:11
How do I remove it then? cannot give orders to the ships.....
You most likely assigned that ship to a station with Station Manager enabled. In that case the SM takes ownership of all ships it has and makes decision what they should do. At the same time you'd lose control over these vehicles. But you can always turn off SM for a while in the station orders menu an take your ships back and change their homebase.

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Sat, 15. Oct 22, 14:22

WOW! Thanks, I was really not sure how to proceed, but you telling me this.... I hope when it comes to an update, the SM should understand that it is the player who is the owner and not the SM.
So, my suggestion to whom it may concern, make it so that the player always has command control over ships, even when under SM control....

Thanks man!!! :) :)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 15. Oct 22, 15:09

If you dont want the station manager to take control over the ship you can add a ship restriction, in the station manager restrictions menu

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Sat, 15. Oct 22, 15:23

Thanks for the info, look into it.
So now I had a few other big cargo/tanker ships docked at my homebase, had the SM turned off checked all (as far as I know what to check) and turned SM on station ON again. Why are there only 2 of 6 ships that gets the yellow M??? and not all of them 6????

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 15. Oct 22, 15:24

The SM only manages the ship when it gives it commands, for the duration of the command.

So any idle ships will not be managed.

also, ships must have Nav MK1 installed for them to be used by the station manager

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Sat, 15. Oct 22, 15:35

Ah, that is I think missing... Wonder how we get those items into our homebase...
Odd thing actually, when a ship has more engine, rudder components, and it has lets say things like duplex scanner onboard, reverse engineering does not take those in the proces which I find remarkebly strange, it is at that moment a part of the ship that is going to be reverse engineered. So Egosoft did not take that in account, I think. Pity actually, now reversing a bloody fast ship, making it, turns out to be slugish and slow.... pity.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 15. Oct 22, 15:45

reverse engineering doesn't take into account any upgrades applied to the ship. So when you build it you just get the base version.

part of the reason for this is that a blueprint is a simple id so uses very little memory to store it, storing it with all the upgrades would use considerably more memory. And X3FL is already close to the memory limit

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Sat, 15. Oct 22, 16:06

Oh? in what way close to the memory limit? Is this hardware related? (real life hardware - my PC?)

Side question: How do I get those upgrades into my homebase then? (if you know...)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 15. Oct 22, 16:15

the game can only address upto 4GB of Ram, this is a software limit being a 32bit Application.

To get the upgrades on your HQ you have to unlock them via Diplomacy.

once unlocked, you can use them in loadouts to apply the same upgrades to all your ships

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Sat, 15. Oct 22, 17:06

Sounds like fun, diplomacy.....
Thanks man, again, have a nice cold one in my name ! :wink:

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Sun, 23. Oct 22, 20:00

Mr.Killer wrote:
Sat, 15. Oct 22, 15:35
Pity actually, now reversing a bloody fast ship, making it, turns out to be slugish and slow.... pity.
You can save a 'loudout' for the ship before you reverse engineer it. Then apply the loadout to the newly built ships and it will be back to its 'bloody fast' self again :)

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Fri, 25. Nov 22, 14:57

Hwitvlf wrote:
Sun, 23. Oct 22, 20:00
Mr.Killer wrote:
Sat, 15. Oct 22, 15:35
Pity actually, now reversing a bloody fast ship, making it, turns out to be slugish and slow.... pity.
You can save a 'loudout' for the ship before you reverse engineer it. Then apply the loadout to the newly built ships and it will be back to its 'bloody fast' self again :)
saving a loadout does not mean that after a while when I decide to build a ship, all items it had at that point of making the loadout, appears out of thin air.
Engine components, rudder and cargohold are items we do not have, we either have to buy it through diplomacy and then still have to pay for the standard amount, but the crates in space that give more engine speed and more rudder control, they are nowhere to find, and ship destroyed, those items are gone too.
So, EGOSOFT should think of a way to give us this extra speed and maneuverability to either buy as crates and activate it (like jumpdrive installation kits) or make ships lose these crates so we are able to pick them up.

iXenon

Post by iXenon » Fri, 25. Nov 22, 19:28

Mr.Killer wrote:
Fri, 25. Nov 22, 14:57
...but the crates in space that give more engine speed and more rudder control, they are nowhere to find, and ship destroyed, those items are gone too.
They appear from time to time in X3FL and should never end. If you collect the crates, save loadout and apply it to the same class ship then that new ship would have all these upgrades too. It's a funny bug that has been fixed in the unofficial patch.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”