Which Hub remains?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Jimmy C
x3tc

Which Hub remains?

Post by Jimmy C » Sat, 1. Oct 22, 20:31

If you try to combine multiple complex hubs together into a single large complex, only one of the hubs will remain. In AP, this was easy to see which one would be. But in FL, I haven't been able to figure it out yet. I have 3 complexes in one sector, it was faster to construct them separately using Build mk3, and I would like to be able to decide exactly where I want the hub of the combined complex to be.

Also, would there be a difference when using CCKs to combine the complexes versus using a CEK? I do know that, if using a CEK, the CEK will not remain, but its orientation will set the orientation of the hub that does remain.

Sovereign01
x4

Re: Which Hub remains?

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 6. Oct 22, 21:38

I've never combined complexes per se, the one time I combined was because I'd built an enormous complex that thanks to the presence of one of the Terran weapon stations resulted in the three dozen XL SPPs appearing in a pancake stack a thousand kilometres from the rest of the complex, then the Terran station a thousand km beyond that, meaning I had to use a TL to pack up each SPP and move each one individually. Placing the stations horizontally (to gather the sunlight better) meant they were too spread out to all combine into one so I'd had to use a combination of CCKs. I also had to relocate the original hub because the station construction service had placed it inside an asteroid mine located at the corner.

I think each one of those created a complex hub and the CEKs let stations be connected to each hub, and the last step was to connect the hubs. In TC and AP the way it worked when connecting hubs, the first hub you selected persisted while the second was merged into it. Took me many attempts to connect all of the 250+ stations into one complex but now it produces every gun except the ever-useless FBLs and CFAs.
Last edited by Sovereign01 on Sat, 8. Oct 22, 20:25, edited 1 time in total.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Re: Which Hub remains?

Post by Jimmy C » Sat, 8. Oct 22, 19:03

For a while there, I thought I had a workaround. I had some Complex Hubs leftover from poaching HephCorp beacons. They only connect 2 stations at a time. I thought they would work like CCKs in AP. Turns out, they only do that sometimes. When I connected hubs A and B, it was indeed the first selected would be the one that remained. But when I connected hubs A and C, C always remained, regardless of whether I selected it first or not. Due to distance, I was unable to connect B and C directly to test.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”