ECell usage inconsistency [Updated]

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Jimmy C
x3tc

ECell usage inconsistency [Updated]

Post by Jimmy C » Mon, 19. Sep 22, 20:01

Disregard what I previously wrote. I got a better look at what happened. It takes 20 jumps to get from Nathan's Voyage Beta to Ceo's Sprite. But it takes 22 jumps to get from Ceo's Sprite to Nathan's Voyage Beta. Somehow, the pathfinding takes 2 extra sectors to make the return trip.

Has anyone else seen anything like this?

Hwitvlf

Re: ECell usage inconsistency [Updated]

Post by Hwitvlf » Fri, 23. Sep 22, 10:02

I don't have Nathan's Beta in my playthrough, but don't see any discrepancies in similar sectors. Have you tried checking the energy consumption on the jump-map to see where the extra e-cells are used?

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Fri, 23. Sep 22, 10:40

What jump map? The usual one when you order a jump?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 23. Sep 22, 11:20

The path planning routine takes into account the actual distance travelled. So it will always pick the shortest path. This is not necessarily the least amount of jumps. So the number of jumps to get somewhere can depend on where you are in the sector, and where your target is in the destination sector (ie if you are jumping to a station)

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Fri, 23. Sep 22, 13:18

I am instructing the ships to jump from a beacon in Nathan's Beta and a beacon I put in CEO's Sprite right on top of the Shipyard and back. The distance should be the same in both directions with only a few km difference due to arrival variations at the Nathan's Beta beacon. Even when I'm out of the sector and the ships jump on top of the beacon in both sectors, the difference in jump fuel costs is still there.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Sat, 24. Sep 22, 09:09

Jimmy C wrote:
Fri, 23. Sep 22, 10:40
What jump map? The usual one when you order a jump?
Yes, I just meant the map that pops up asking for the jump-destination location. If you navigate to the destination sector using the arrow keys, one sector at a time, it should show you where the extra energy is being consumed.

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Sat, 24. Sep 22, 14:11

Jimmy C wrote:
Mon, 19. Sep 22, 20:01
Has anyone else seen anything like this?
As my current game has the Nathans-Voyage-beta-sector or recreated the situation: placed JumpBeacons there and into CeosSprite (propably note in the exact same location) and jumped a Mammoth and a MobPirateBase back and forth - always needing 400 eCells for both ships regardless of direction.

Is your HUB connected somewhere along the way? I think I have seen this messing up 'route planing' ... but 40 eCells = 2 sectors ... dunno.
My HUB is still connected in the 'Dukes Solution" (Holy Vision/PerpSin, HolyVision/Void, Maelstrom/TradePort(?)) ... think I will finaly change that setting...

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sat, 24. Sep 22, 18:08

My Hub is connected to Spaceweed Grove, Cloudbase South East and Unseen Domain. I don't think any of those are along that path.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Tue, 4. Oct 22, 05:26

Did you ever figure this out?

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Tue, 4. Oct 22, 08:49

Couldn't. Too many variables.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”