boarding reward sucks?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Jimmy C
x3tc

Re: boarding reward sucks?

Post by Jimmy C » Fri, 9. Sep 22, 14:47

v_make wrote:
Fri, 9. Sep 22, 08:33

In my case it's usually the hacking stage.
That's after the last deck (but before the hacking stage, I assume?)

mediacenter
x4

Post by mediacenter » Sat, 24. Sep 22, 11:31

i found that its more reliable to kill the target than capture it
revelation came from a xenon k that bonk is head in a gate for.......reasons and leave 8 point singularity for me to take

countless m7/m2/m1 captured with 98% hull and only the shittiest missiles on board

vs

exploding high valuable target such as titan and odysseus and collect some of the surpluss stuff they usually carry

its really dumb that i can find more loot in a pile of debries than in a fully functional ship with only some scratch on the paint

bonus
the freaking plasma beam cannon struggle so much to target the odysseus, most of the shot pass under the belly of the ship, you have to position yoursel up or the auto aim will totally target empty space

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Sat, 24. Sep 22, 17:49

mediacenter wrote:
Sat, 24. Sep 22, 11:31
found that its more reliable to kill the target than capture it
It seems to me that the weapons dropped when a ship is destroyed vary based upon your combat rank. At lowest rank, I don't think I've ever seen a capital class or even heavy fighter class weapon drop. At higher ranks, I get more capital class weapons than I can use.

Equipment left after boarding /bail seems pretty consistent regardless of rank. I've boarded 262 ships in this playthrough and I'd estimate about 20 of them had decent capital-class weapon caches after boarding. However, I use Pulsed Beam Emitters to fry ship software before boarding and they destroy some weapons as well.

mediacenter
x4

Post by mediacenter » Sat, 24. Sep 22, 21:05

Hwitvlf wrote:
Sat, 24. Sep 22, 17:49
mediacenter wrote:
It seems to me that the weapons dropped when a ship is destroyed vary based upon your combat rank. At lowest rank, I don't think I've ever seen a capital class or even heavy fighter class weapon drop. At higher ranks, I get more capital class weapons than I can use.

Equipment left after boarding /bail seems pretty consistent regardless of rank. I've boarded 262 ships in this playthrough and I'd estimate about 20 of them had decent capital-class weapon caches after boarding. However, I use Pulsed Beam Emitters to fry ship software before boarding and they destroy some weapons as well.
yes, consistently awful

im not even pretending exceptional good number of weapon, but after hundreds of boarding i cant even fit a single brigantine, thank god i can barter weapons on the black market and trade microchip for them (recycled from boarded empty vessel)

ehi boss, look your new ship, cool isn it?
ah yes we managed to keep some cargo, 2 mosquito missile and, you not gonna believe this, 1 energy cell !!!!!!

repeat x 100
its frustrating

now with the kill everything methed i can salvage 1 brigantine worth of equipment in minutes

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sun, 25. Sep 22, 01:50

Hwitvlf wrote:
Sat, 24. Sep 22, 17:49
mediacenter wrote:

You mean Ion Disruptors, they're what fry stuff. PBEs are very good at suppressing shields but they don't destroy systems. Both are extremely short-ranged which hurts their utility against big ships.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Sun, 25. Sep 22, 05:47

Sovereign01 wrote:
Sun, 25. Sep 22, 01:50
You mean Ion Disruptors, they're what fry stuff. PBEs are very good at suppressing shields but they don't destroy systems. Both are extremely short-ranged which hurts their utility against big ships.
I think any weapon can destroy systems, but PBEs are exceptional at it because of their rapid fire. I just tested and PBEs fried 6 out of 12 systems on a ship with 10 seconds of sustained fire. Give 'em a try! 8)

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”