supporting x3fl dev & future updates

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

rudi_pioneer
x4

supporting x3fl dev & future updates

Post by rudi_pioneer » Wed, 10. Aug 22, 23:28

Big fan of X3FL, and wanted to check what are best way(s) to:

- support development (including mods): are there 'buy me a coffee?' donations or similar options? I'm playing X3 so much that $-to-time ratio is way off - take my money please. I discovered X3 recently so I barely paid anything for it when I bought it
- voice my feedback for some updates to become official: I'm big on non-modded play, and some mods for X3FL would be great as official updates. Whether it's bonus pack, or official update, or even just a way to use some mods without hitting 'modified' on steam (anything from signing them to removing that requirement)

Nivcore
x4

Re: supporting x3fl dev & future updates

Post by Nivcore » Sat, 13. Aug 22, 18:26

+1
I also hope for further improvements and a possibility to support the whole thing in some way.
47 75 74 65 6e 20 50 72 6f 66 69 74

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sun, 14. Aug 22, 09:17

There was a donation support option on Steam right after the release. It's no longer active, but if your dead set on it, try reaching out to Cycrow or Ketraar. Only suggestion I can make.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 14. Aug 22, 12:39

The game was for free and the donations from the donations pack went to Doctors without Borders.

Update 1.3 was said to be the last. Obviously, with Egosoft chances that this is really the last update are never zero, although in this case I wouldn't get my hopes up. The best one can do at this point is being active in the community. Be it through helping other users, creating useful content (guides, maps, tools, scripts and mods etc.), or supporting those who do (e.g., by testing, providing information or giving feedback).

While I can somewhat understand the sentiment of wanting to play a non-modded game, with no immediate (or any) updates on the horizon scripts and mods provide the best way of enhancing the game in the foreseeable future. One can always make a backup of their savegames to return to a non-modded game, and there's a NoSteam.exe for those who want to maintain different game installations at the same time (e.g., one vanilla, one for testing out mods, one for playing).
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

rudi_pioneer
x4

Post by rudi_pioneer » Sun, 14. Aug 22, 22:34

Much appreciated, and entire response was heard and understood.

My original post was to, through official channels, voice my interest (and others who thought the same), understanding that there’s no promises or expectations something will come out of it (no updates post on steam is pretty clear on current stance). After all, if we’re all silently playing x3fl, how would egosoft know that we do? Hence the post.

For dev/mod support, I’m at point in life where I have some money but no time, so donations for those who spend time is best I can do.

carv85x
x3tc

Post by carv85x » Tue, 20. Sep 22, 17:41

I second this motion. I would gladly pay for having this game get continued updates and fixes. Especially to keel it growing without mods.

gunman127
x4

Post by gunman127 » Wed, 21. Sep 22, 22:29

Me too!

I bought XR and X4 with all addons, and just cannot have any fun in them, unlike X3 based games that still scratch the itch after literally thousands of hours of gameplay

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Fri, 23. Sep 22, 10:23

gunman127 wrote:
Wed, 21. Sep 22, 22:29
I bought XR and X4 with all addons, and just cannot have any fun in them, unlike X3 based games that still scratch the itch after literally thousands of hours of gameplay
I can appreciate x4 in its own right, but it has a very different feel from x3. It seems to me that X4 leans more toward mainstream appeal with fast paced, easy gameplay with low consequences. X3, is slower and more strategic because it inflicts serious consequences for bad choices. I've spent more time on x3 than any other game and I think it's so cool that people are still putting tons of effort into things like the Farnham project. Its longevity is really a testament to how unique the X3 experience is.

So yeah, thanks to Egosoft and the Farnham team; you guys make some great stuff.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”