Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics compatibility?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

rudi_pioneer
x4

Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics compatibility?

Post by rudi_pioneer » Fri, 22. Jul 22, 05:05

Would X3FL run ok on Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics?

It's built into Razer Book, and X3 FL steam page says that "256 MB 3D DirectX 9 Compatible video card (not onboard) with Pixel Shader 3.0 support" is optimal. I'm not sure how to translate pixel shader recommendation into what Xe offers.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Re: Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics compatibility?

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Fri, 22. Jul 22, 07:27

So when it comes to a graphics card, what really matters is the speed of the gpu and how much video ram it has available. Being on a portable laptop it is always best to double what the stated recommended requirements are for software you wish to run. That being said I can tell you that not all laptops can output the power requirements of the video cards installed in them without being plugged into a wall outlet.

A google search says your device is a gaming machine. But you really need to post the specs of it to get an honest answer. Just the basic specs. What was on the card for the display at the store you bought it from. Or what was shown online if you bought it that way.

And please note that RAM and VRAM are 2 different entities. And need to be included.

RAM is available memory for every day use. For all software installed including the OS.
VRAM is video ram, specialized to be used by the graphics processor. RAM will sometimes be allocated and reserved by the OS to supplement VRAM, but they are not the same.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

v_make
xr

Post by v_make » Fri, 22. Jul 22, 07:35

rudi_pioneer wrote:
Fri, 22. Jul 22, 05:05
Would X3FL run ok on Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics?
Yes.
I have a surface pro 7 with Iris Plus G7 and it runs X3FL perfectly.
Iris Xe is even newer and better.
Regards.
Mark

rudi_pioneer
x4

Post by rudi_pioneer » Fri, 22. Jul 22, 07:39

That’s awesome, I was also looking into surface and was worried it might be underpowered

v_make
xr

Post by v_make » Fri, 22. Jul 22, 07:48

rudi_pioneer wrote:
Fri, 22. Jul 22, 07:39
That’s awesome, I was also looking into surface and was worried it might be underpowered
If you mean TDP unlocking, ThrottleStop works great with my Surface.
But seriously, I would not play games on my Surface unless I have no other choices. I do not know Razer though.
In the end, GPU will become a bottleneck in circumstances like huge complexes, a sector too busy with combats or so.
Regards.
Mark

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”