Credit making summary (spoiler warning)

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Sovereign01
x4

Re: Credit making summary (spoiler warning)

Post by Sovereign01 » Mon, 8. Aug 22, 17:58

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Mon, 8. Aug 22, 10:45
Sovereign01 wrote:
Mon, 1. Aug 22, 21:22
Jump beacons. The gift that keeps on giving! :lol:
You betta share those beacons or else Imma break out the Brigantine. :lol: :D
As it happens, I've got 12 beacons squirrelled away in the Hub itself, 2 more in space and one at each of my 5 complexes minus one that was destroyed by the Xenon. That leaves one jump beacon unaccounted for- you wouldn't happen to know anything about that, would you? :lol:

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Wed, 10. Aug 22, 01:48

Sovereign01 wrote:
Mon, 8. Aug 22, 17:58
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Sovereign01 wrote:
Mon, 1. Aug 22, 21:22
Jump beacons. The gift that keeps on giving! :lol:
As it happens, I've got 12 beacons squirrelled away in the Hub itself, 2 more in space and one at each of my 5 complexes minus one that was destroyed by the Xenon. That leaves one jump beacon unaccounted for- you wouldn't happen to know anything about that, would you? :lol:
I may or may not have reprogrammed a K or 2. :lol:
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 19. Aug 22, 15:58

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Wed, 10. Aug 22, 01:48
Sovereign01 wrote:
Mon, 8. Aug 22, 17:58
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:

I may or may not have reprogrammed a K or 2. :lol:
One K was my limit- having boarded, RE'd and rebuilt an I by virtue of going after that first I grabbed the K purely for the sake of having the blueprints. Because I got that last it'll be a while :D I'm gonna have to use the All-seeing eye to find that beacon. I'm rapidly running out of mountains to climb in FL, one of the last ones being blueprints. Working on getting the ones from Atreus, found that I can acquire their transport without needing to buy it as I lack the notoriety.

I'll probably be switching to X4 before too long! :lol:

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sat, 20. Aug 22, 06:49

Since there's been some activity here again, I'll post one more method of quick money we overlooked earlier. It's not much, but you are given the tools needed free of charge during the initial plot of the game.

Stealing and reselling via Cargo Bay Hacker max 2,246,016 per successful attempt

You are provided with one copy of the Cargo Bay Hacker equipment during the course of the initial plot of FL. This hacker can steal from stations as well as ships. If you steal items from a Dock, you can steal then sell the same item back to the Dock again indefinitely. So what's the best thing to steal with the CBH?

That would be the Single Use Jump Beacon at the Terracorp HQ in Home of Light alpha, at 2,246,016 credits per beacon. So the steps are:
  • Get friendly with Terracorp. You need to be able to dock to resell the beacons and friendlier relations may improve the odds of stealing successfully.
  • Steal a beacon from the Terracorp HQ. Just one will do, no need to risk failure by trying for more at one time. Beacons are automatically replenished, just like Pods at Military Outposts.
  • Dock to the HQ and sell the Beacon.
  • Repeat 2 and 3 for as much money as you want.
It will take 446 successful steal and resell cycles to get one billion credits. Each cycle takes between 30 and 60 seconds, including time taken for the autosave, which also gives you a convenient retry point in case you fail an attempt, so you shouldn't bypass it. That lets you reach your first billion within 4 to 7.5 hours at this. You can do this with nothing more than what you are given at the completion of the initial plot.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Thu, 15. Sep 22, 03:12

As if the single ship delivery mission jump beacon fraud isn't lucrative enough already, I've found that there are situations where you can double your reward! If you are lucky enough to have two people on the same station asking for the same ship type, like they both want a Boron TP. You just deliver one Boron TP (with 7 beacons, of course) to the station and both missions will register as completed! You just got paid twice for the same ship!

I don't know if this will work the same if one asks for a Boron TP and the other asks for a Manta Hauler specifically. This was the first time I ever even saw two missions ask for the same thing. So keep an eye out.

In theory, triple or more rewards should be possible, but the odds of so many asking for the same thing on the same station are miniscule.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 15. Sep 22, 04:44

The gift that keeps on giving just gave some more! :lol:

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Sat, 17. Sep 22, 06:53

A couple of non-cheaty ways to make a fair bit of money:

In sectors that border Xenon space you can sometimes find "Destroy incoming fleet" and "Patrol Sector for Xenon" missions offered in the same sector. If you take both missions, you get paid twice for every xenon kill and the "Destroy Fleet" mission pays top dollar for kills. Just don't kill the last xenon until the "sector patrol" is done or the "incoming fleet " mission will end. At higher combat levels, I've made hundreds of millions from such a combo.

Board Atmospheric lifters in Neptune. The are unarmed and respawn almost immediately near the planet - so far from sector center that patrols don't bother you. They net about 15 Million each and can be easily captured with 10 marines if their anti-boarding extensions are destroyed- pulsed beam emitters work excellently for this.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sat, 17. Sep 22, 07:37

Hwitvlf wrote:
Sat, 17. Sep 22, 06:53
A couple of non-cheaty ways to make a fair bit of money:

In sectors that border Xenon space you can sometimes find "Destroy incoming fleet" and "Patrol Sector for Xenon" missions offered in the same sector. If you take both missions, you get paid twice for every xenon kill and the "Destroy Fleet" mission pays top dollar for kills. Just don't kill the last xenon until the "sector patrol" is done or the "incoming fleet " mission will end. At higher combat levels, I've made hundreds of millions from such a combo.

Board Atmospheric lifters in Neptune. The are unarmed and respawn almost immediately near the planet - so far from sector center that patrols don't bother you. They net about 15 Million each and can be easily captured with 10 marines if their anti-boarding extensions are destroyed- pulsed beam emitters work excellently for this.
Because it can mount 8 PBE/PRGs in its main turret, the Sirokos is the perfect ship to do this with, being capable of boarding an Atmospheric Lifter all by itself. And because its speed is more than double that of the next fastest M7M it will cover the often considerable distance to the Lifter that much sooner. Bring at least one JD installation kit and some ecells and you can make off with your prize in an instant! :lol:

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Sat, 24. Sep 22, 18:20

Another funny exploit when you board a carrier:
Carriers seem to replace destroyed fighters almost immediately, but the fighters spawn in different sectors - maybe at nearest faction shipyard. When you take control of the carrier, the replacement fighters are still 'owned' by the carrier, and they usually just fly around till they get destroyed. But, you can usually use an exploit to force them to dock at your carrier and sell it at a shipyard for good profitsss.

Make the newly boarded carrier the 'homebase' for a fighter you own. This lets you access the carrier's "Owned Ships Command Console".
Through the 'owned ship command console', add all owned ships to a wing and tell the wing to dock at the carrier.
You might have to set the carrier's friend/foe settings to 'friend' for all factions and 'show as enemy if enemy to me' to 'no', and also set the wing to 'ignore blacklist'.

The enemy ships should lose their hostile status and fly to your carrier one by one and dock. You might even be able to take them into battle, never tried :mrgreen:
Last edited by Hwitvlf on Sun, 25. Sep 22, 22:43, edited 1 time in total.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sat, 24. Sep 22, 23:53

I wish I'd known this when I boarded an Atreus-owned Shark, though I did it in Ocean of Fantasy which is where their main shipyard is located so I wouldn't have been able to exploit it. I only cared about them because they had some unique designs that I wanted to reverse engineer- I recently got the last one, their armoured TS by boarding.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sun, 25. Sep 22, 16:46

You can't board an armored TS. You have to bail it.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Mon, 26. Sep 22, 03:29

That's what I meant, I shredded his hull down to almost nothing with Mass drivers and then ordered him to surrender and got the achievement in the process. I used the all-seeing eye to find it in Ministry of Finance.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Wed, 23. Nov 22, 02:43

Well I found that missing Jump Beacon, I'd placed it in Heaven's Assertion so ships could pick up L & XL Station Upgrade Kits and forgot I'd done so. Only when I saw the log message saying it had been destroyed by the Paranid I was reminded so had to reload to an earlier save. Now I have to find the most efficient way to raise my combat rank since it's the only way I'll get a Woden to spawn as an assassination target. I'm currently Battlemaster and getting Aegirs so need to get it higher. My M7Ms are about to get a real workout! :lol:

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”