Best way to get permanent jump beacons?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Falynn
x3tc

Best way to get permanent jump beacons?

Post by Falynn » Tue, 24. May 22, 16:09

I have been searching for months. I have scanned every RR ship I can find. Every single one has had Cargo Bay Shielding. Now I have not even started the earth quest yet but have explored every sector avaliable to me thus far. Are there any other ways to find them or am I just unlucky? I have all the updates so stealing from towers won't work from what I have read so far. If anyone has found a better way please share. And I'm not talking about the temporary ones you can buy. Is there a place that sells permanent ones?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Best way to get permanent jump beacons?

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 24. May 22, 16:36

Boarding the ships is the only way of getting them.

They are not for sale anywhere

Falynn
x3tc

Post by Falynn » Tue, 24. May 22, 17:02

Thanks will start collecting Marines then.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Tue, 24. May 22, 17:57

I think all capital ships with Jump Beacons have Cargo Shielding in v1.3, but they still can be boarded with some patience and sacrifice - except for the Terran Rapid Respone ships which seem to be unboardable if they have Hull Polarizing. Getting a marine training barrack is helpful as a long term goal because it will produce well trained grade marines once it's fully upgraded so you don't mind losing a few.

I have a related question if you have a minute Cycrow: Are there a set number of Jump Beacons on RR ships at any given time across the universe, or is there just a flat percentage chance that any new RR ship will spawn with a beacon?

I ask because I'm enemies with the Split and check their RR ships in Zyarth's Donimion regularly, destroying any that dodn't have beacons hoping a new one would spawn. But, there are two allied Terran RR ships with beacons and I wonder if that decreases the odds of a Split ship spawning with one. :)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 24. May 22, 19:49

Its just a straight 10% chance for each spawn

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Tue, 24. May 22, 20:26

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Wed, 25. May 22, 08:37

You can always order a Station Complex from the Complex construction service. That will send a Sabre M4 with a beacon from the nearest jumpgate to the coordinates you designated for the complex. You can attempt to shoot this M4 and force a bail to capture the beacon. But act fast! The M4 will self destruct within seconds of the pilot bailing. Use the SOS to quickly capture the ship, open its cargo menu and eject the beacon.
The construction service will try to place a beacon six times before giving up and cancelling your order. This gives you the chance to get 5 beacons and still get your complex built. Since you can order an unlimited number of complexes, this means you can get an unlimited number of beacons.

Falynn
x3tc

Post by Falynn » Wed, 25. May 22, 16:35

I have never dealt with complexes before. Where do you find those guys on random stations or in a specific area?

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Wed, 25. May 22, 18:53

There's a thing called complex construction service or something, that buy & build complexes for you. They do it by spawning an M4 with a JB in its cargo. You can force the M4 to bail and grab the JB in its inventory provided that you are fast enough doing it (it will despawn in seconds). Or you can always board an RRF ship.

Agimar
x3ap

Post by Agimar » Thu, 26. May 22, 06:35

Falynn wrote:
Wed, 25. May 22, 16:35
I have never dealt with complexes before. Where do you find those guys on random stations or in a specific area?
Go to the menu left „personel - imperial management - complex planning“.
Then plan a complex and so on and you‘ll see.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Mon, 30. May 22, 07:03

This thread goes into detail about the best way to obtain jump beacons and how to handle the ships that carry them.

iXenon

Post by iXenon » Tue, 7. Jun 22, 22:37

Jimmy C wrote:
Wed, 25. May 22, 08:37
The construction service will try to place a beacon six times before giving up and cancelling your order. This gives you the chance to get 5 beacons and still get your complex built. Since you can order an unlimited number of complexes, this means you can get an unlimited number of beacons.
Thanks for the hint! I spent hours trying to find a RRF ship with the beacon but that way is much more easier. It took me about 1.5 hours to get 5 beacons. And next time should be quicker :)

Agimar
x3ap

Post by Agimar » Wed, 8. Jun 22, 11:37

What is the best way, to get the jumpbeacon our of that Sabre fast enough?

Just shooting and let the Pilot bail works fine, but then I'm not able to slow down, take over the ship and so on in time. (Of course I use the SOS and a transporter.)
Maybe I should use Disruptor-Missiles to slow down the Sabre first?

iXenon

Post by iXenon » Wed, 8. Jun 22, 15:00

Agimar wrote:
Wed, 8. Jun 22, 11:37
Just shooting and let the Pilot bail works fine, but then I'm not able to slow down, take over the ship and so on in time. (Of course I use the SOS and a transporter.)
Try to use fast M3 or M4 with not so powerful weapon in order not to kill the Sabre accidentally. Let Sabre go ahead and take you place behind, synchronize your speed, make sure it's about 350 meters in front of you, then 'Save'. When you bail the pilot (actually, it works similar to xenon ships, there is no pilot in space after that) you now have 2-20 seconds (it's random and I'm not sure about the exact range) before it blows up. Press hotkey to stop, steer you ship right above or below Sable, then immediately open the ship menu and try to catch moment when the 'Claim' option is active, then claim. If you were lucky enough then ship will be claimed. Open menu, then cargo menu. If there are no lasers and so on (as usually happens) your cursor will be exactly on the 'Jump Beacon'. Then quickly eject it to the Space and that's all. If there is something else like EMPC try to eject it as well, but after the beacon. If something went wrong just 'Load' and try again. First times it took me 10+ attempts to claim the ship but when I decreased the distance to 350 meters it started to work much better. One or two times I got the beacon from the first attempt on new ships. In sum I did it 5 times and then waited a bit till my complex appeared. The picked up the complex (it was one station, actually) and finished the mission to build that type of station I had taken before. In result, 5 beacons in the cargo bay, the mission is complete and no complex that I don't need. And no loss of rating.

P.S. I think there will be no problem to get 6 beacons and let the construction service to fail, but I decided to let them finish their work. And leave your mouse right after bailing, use keyboard and hotkeys for the rest. This will save a lot of time.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Wed, 8. Jun 22, 15:25

iXenon wrote:
Wed, 8. Jun 22, 15:00
P.S. I think there will be no problem to get 6 beacons and let the construction service to fail, but I decided to let them finish their work.
The construction service costs like 10 million or so, I've heard. That's forfeited if it can't build the complex. Still, most would say, that's a small price to pay for an extra beacon worth 280 million.

But, if you've decided you want a complex for some purpose, you might as well milk the service for all it's worth.

Agimar
x3ap

Post by Agimar » Wed, 8. Jun 22, 15:50

Thx for that extra input! Guess, I need some extra patenience, too. :D
iXenon wrote:
Agimar wrote:
Wed, 8. Jun 22, 11:37
Try to use fast M3 or M4 with not so powerful weapon in order not to kill the Sabre accidentally. Let Sabre go ahead and take you place behind, synchronize your speed, make sure it's about 350 meters in front of you, then 'Save'. When you bail the pilot (actually, it works similar to xenon ships, there is no pilot in space after that) you now have 2-20 seconds (it's random and I'm not sure about the exact range) before it blows up. Press hotkey to stop, steer you ship right above or below Sable, then immediately open the ship menu and try to catch moment when the 'Claim' option is active, then claim. If you were lucky enough then ship will be claimed. Open menu, then cargo menu. If there are no lasers and so on (as usually happens) your cursor will be exactly on the 'Jump Beacon'. Then quickly eject it to the Space and that's all. If there is something else like EMPC try to eject it as well, but after the beacon. If something went wrong just 'Load' and try again. First times it took me 10+ attempts to claim the ship but when I decreased the distance to 350 meters it started to work much better. One or two times I got the beacon from the first attempt on new ships. In sum I did it 5 times and then waited a bit till my complex appeared. The picked up the complex (it was one station, actually) and finished the mission to build that type of station I had taken before. In result, 5 beacons in the cargo bay, the mission is complete and no complex that I don't need. And no loss of rating.

P.S. I think there will be no problem to get 6 beacons and let the construction service to fail, but I decided to let them finish their work. And leave your mouse right after bailing, use keyboard and hotkeys for the rest. This will save a lot of time.

iXenon

Post by iXenon » Wed, 8. Jun 22, 16:23

Jimmy C wrote:
Wed, 8. Jun 22, 15:25
iXenon wrote:
P.S. I think there will be no problem to get 6 beacons and let the construction service to fail, but I decided to let them finish their work.
The construction service costs like 10 million or so, I've heard. That's forfeited if it can't build the complex. Still, most would say, that's a small price to pay for an extra beacon worth 280 million.
You are completely right! It cost me about 13 million (10 million for the service plus the station and complex prices plus some fee), but I got instead 5 beacons for 1,4 billiard (280x5) and some reward for station build mission, which covers the station price. A nice deal I'd say. :) But now I know that works and next time may claim that Sabre 6 times. Not sure, to be honest, if I need that much. I have 3 my own sectors behind TOA and will definitely place beacons there. Where would you place rest? May be in some useful sector with NPC shipyards but without gates?

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Wed, 8. Jun 22, 21:36

iXenon wrote:
Wed, 8. Jun 22, 16:23
Jimmy C wrote:
Wed, 8. Jun 22, 15:25
iXenon wrote:
You are completely right! It cost me about 13 million (10 million for the service plus the station and complex prices plus some fee), but I got instead 5 beacons for 1,4 billiard (280x5) and some reward for station build mission, which covers the station price. A nice deal I'd say. :) But now I know that works and next time may claim that Sabre 6 times. Not sure, to be honest, if I need that much. I have 3 my own sectors behind TOA and will definitely place beacons there. Where would you place rest? May be in some useful sector with NPC shipyards but without gates?
If you're planning on building complexes and need upgrade kits it can shorten travel times considerably. If you're on good terms with the Paranid, Heaven's Assertion is great because the yard there sells both the L and XL kits and is only a stone's throw from the gate already. Same for the Goner Wharf in Elysium of Light selling S kits. Depths of Silence is your best bet for M kits but that shipyard is a bit more distant from its respective gate compared to the others. It's worth checking for NPC jump beacons as they seem to be randomly placed, in my game there's one a few short km from the shipyard in Family T'kr so no need to place any of my own.

The best use of jump beacons is the ship selling trick. Jump Beacons- the gift that keeps on giving! :D

I got another 5 beacons yesterday using the 2-ship method. First, use a Scorpion armed with Mass Drivers to shred the Sabre's hull down to (almost) nothing, which kills 2 birds with one stone because it slows it down to a crawl and increases the chance to bail. Then switch to a Mako with Ion Disruptors, get as close as you can, match its speed and light the Sabre up. It's worth saving often, when the sabre appears, when you destroy the hull and when you bring the lightning. With the hull almost gone there's a very real chance the Sabre will bail the first time you drain it with the ions, and because it'll be moving a lot slower it's far easier to claim as well. I just got another 5 beacons today, took about 5 minutes for each one. Make sure you have 100 cargo space, beacons are M-sized.

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Thu, 1. Dec 22, 13:41

Agimar wrote:
Thu, 26. May 22, 06:35
Falynn wrote:
Wed, 25. May 22, 16:35
Go to the menu left „personel - imperial management - complex planning“.
Then plan a complex and so on and you‘ll see.
This is complex, and I mean, where is this "personel..." setting then? I just wish that what was in the game was also at some point buyable....

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Fri, 2. Dec 22, 06:30

It's the Personal menu on the sidebar. From there, choose Empire Management, then Complex Planner. Once you've designed a complex, save it, then you can choose to let HephCorp build it, or your own Build MK3 equipped TL to do the job.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”