Bailing mechanics changed?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

fireanddream
xr

Re: Bailing mechanics changed?

Post by fireanddream » Mon, 24. Jan 22, 15:43

Jimmy C wrote:
Mon, 24. Jan 22, 12:12
Did you upgrade to 1.3? That only started happening to me in 1.3.

Also, the big problem is when the pilots want to go to a station that's inconvenient for me. I can't reset their destination anymore. It's frustrating. I'm keeping them in the hopes that an update will fix the issue.

Speaking of which, I verified my files and nothing's changed.
I can confirm when you eject a pilot their destination changes to the nearest station. However when you pick them up it changes back.

I don't think it's a bug. It was unrealistic before how they try to travel 18 sectors in a space suit.

Now I go to the goner temple and release them there if they want to go to a station I can't dock at.

Come to think of it, I wonder if a pilot's destination will become one of the Xenon stations if I eject them nearby.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Mon, 24. Jan 22, 17:38

fireanddream wrote:
Mon, 24. Jan 22, 15:43

I can confirm when you eject a pilot their destination changes to the nearest station. However when you pick them up it changes back.

I don't think it's a bug. It was unrealistic before how they try to travel 18 sectors in a space suit.
It is a bug. Once it changes to the nearest station, why should it change back to the original? Also, note the "Status" entry, it should show the name of the ship carrying the pilot. Once you pick them up after ejecting them, it still shows "in space".
Come to think of it, I wonder if a pilot's destination will become one of the Xenon stations if I eject them nearby.
They do try to go to the Xenon station. I forced a bail in a Xenon sector and that's what the pilot tried to do.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 06:58

Jimmy C wrote:
Mon, 24. Jan 22, 12:12
Did you upgrade to 1.3? That only started happening to me in 1.3.

Also, the big problem is when the pilots want to go to a station that's inconvenient for me. I can't reset their destination anymore. It's frustrating. I'm keeping them in the hopes that an update will fix the issue.

Speaking of which, I verified my files and nothing's changed.
I jumped on 1.3 as soon as it began beta. The only time they don't pick a new destination is if it is already set. So for that reason I do not scoop them up in sectors that are hostile to me.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

johneh77
xr

Post by johneh77 » Fri, 28. Jan 22, 00:49

Cycrow wrote:
Sat, 22. Jan 22, 12:14
if you pick up them and deliver them to their destination it should increase your honour, which should increase your bail chance
Where do you find your honor stat?

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Fri, 28. Jan 22, 02:14

johneh77 wrote:
Fri, 28. Jan 22, 00:49
Cycrow wrote:
if you pick up them and deliver them to their destination it should increase your honour, which should increase your bail chance
Hidden stat.... does not show even when you activate script editor. Of course, I may just be looking in the wrong place.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Fri, 28. Jan 22, 08:12

johneh77 wrote:
Cycrow wrote:
You might as well look at your space suit kill count. I made it to 39 before anyone bailing becomes extremely unlikely (I'm talking about 20ish reloads for a 10 morale dude). I did climbed all the way back and at neutral Xenons are bailing quite often.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Fri, 28. Jan 22, 23:10

fireanddream wrote:
Fri, 28. Jan 22, 08:12
johneh77 wrote:
Cycrow wrote:
You might as well look at your space suit kill count. I made it to 39 before anyone bailing becomes extremely unlikely (I'm talking about 20ish reloads for a 10 morale dude). I did climbed all the way back and at neutral Xenons are bailing quite often.
If you enslaved any of the passengers / pilots, or took them to your Marine Training Barracks, that counts towards it too. Thankfully doesn't apply to black market purchased slaves.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Andrea92

Post by Andrea92 » Sat, 29. Jan 22, 11:39

Cycrow wrote:
Sun, 23. Jan 22, 01:58
demanding ships to surrender and drop freight will also increase honour if you let them go after they drop thier freight.
but returning bailed pilots is the best way to increase it.

passengers dont count, only the pilots do.

there are other ways to improve your success chance however, like having more guns on your ship or the system override software installed increases your chances as well
what do you mean with "returning"?

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Sat, 29. Jan 22, 13:38

Andrea92 wrote:
Sat, 29. Jan 22, 11:39

Everytime a NPC-pilot jumps out of his ship (be it bailing from Comms or weapon fire or selling his used ship) you can pick him up.
If you look at his 'info' in your CargoBay he will show a destination nearby he wants to go to. For this you will get a reward mostly around 10.000, sometimes more, my biggest is something like 800.000.

Andrea92

Post by Andrea92 » Sat, 29. Jan 22, 17:25

DanKara wrote:
Sat, 29. Jan 22, 13:38
Andrea92 wrote:

Everytime a NPC-pilot jumps out of his ship (be it bailing from Comms or weapon fire or selling his used ship) you can pick him up.
If you look at his 'info' in your CargoBay he will show a destination nearby he wants to go to. For this you will get a reward mostly around 10.000, sometimes more, my biggest is something like 800.000.
oh.... I never picked up any of them

Andrea92

Post by Andrea92 » Sat, 29. Jan 22, 17:26

btw, do factions regen their ships? I acquired many advanced ts from atreus, but now I often see them using dolphins

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sat, 29. Jan 22, 19:09

Andrea92 wrote:
Sat, 29. Jan 22, 17:26
btw, do factions regen their ships? I acquired many advanced ts from atreus, but now I often see them using dolphins
The game spawns replacements for destroyed or captured ships. It seems to be random, but only that it will be the same category of ship. TS for TS, M7 for M7, and all that. So they may have rolled a lot of Dolphins as replacements.
There may also be special routines left behind from the previous games. Such as the one that replaces lost Hyperions with only new Hyperions.

dion_b
x3tc

Post by dion_b » Sat, 29. Jan 22, 21:07

Cycrow wrote:
Sat, 22. Jan 22, 09:44
The main change to bailing in FL is that you have a hidden Honour rank that effects your bailing chance.

If you kill or enslave the bailed pilots it decreases your chance of future bails.

Also if you comm to surrender freight and then kill the ship it also decreases the chance.
Interesting... is this a per player or per ship stat?

I found basically nobody bailed for me anymore in my Kogerasu Maru in which I *may* have been slightly dishonourable a few times too many, but when I switch to another ship, say my Mamba Raider, opponents started bailing again all over the place.

Until I read this I assumed it had to do with ship type, now it seems obvious it was due to my actions - but that makes the difference with another ship all the more puzzling.

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Sun, 30. Jan 22, 10:52

dion_b wrote:
Sat, 29. Jan 22, 21:07
Cycrow wrote:
Sat, 22. Jan 22, 09:44
The main change to bailing in FL is that you have a hidden Honour rank that effects your bailing chance.

If you kill or enslave the bailed pilots it decreases your chance of future bails.

Also if you comm to surrender freight and then kill the ship it also decreases the chance.
Interesting... is this a per player or per ship stat?

I found basically nobody bailed for me anymore in my Kogerasu Maru in which I *may* have been slightly dishonourable a few times too many, but when I switch to another ship, say my Mamba Raider, opponents started bailing again all over the place.

Until I read this I assumed it had to do with ship type, now it seems obvious it was due to my actions - but that makes the difference with another ship all the more puzzling.
Probably just luck. Cycrow also said the system override software and the total number of guns plays a factor too.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Wed, 2. Feb 22, 00:37

DanKara wrote:
Sat, 29. Jan 22, 13:38
Andrea92 wrote:

You been jipped then. :lol:

I've gotten almost 2 million a couple times. :D
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Wed, 2. Feb 22, 11:29

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Wed, 2. Feb 22, 00:37

I don't know the word 'jipped' (in that context). Google & Co are of no help either.
If you mean, the rewards can go higher. I suppose so, becauce my 800k-reward is for a lvl-12(?)-pilot (that I still/currently have aboard my MARU). Maybe I had higher rewards in the past, if so can't remember and did not want to boast or lie, so I stayed on the safe site with my statement. :oops:
[...and one or two millions more or less who cares... :P ]

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Thu, 3. Feb 22, 01:26

DanKara wrote:
Wed, 2. Feb 22, 11:29
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:

I don't know the word 'jipped' (in that context). Google & Co are of no help either.
If you mean, the rewards can go higher. I suppose so, becauce my 800k-reward is for a lvl-12(?)-pilot (that I still/currently have aboard my MARU). Maybe I had higher rewards in the past, if so can't remember and did not want to boast or lie, so I stayed on the safe site with my statement. :oops:
:D I was trying to be funny. They do go higher. Most of the time for me it's been a pirate or yaki. :mrgreen:

I'm sure I mis-spelled the word. Basically those pilots held out on you and stuck there thumb at you from there noses. :P
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 3. Feb 22, 19:02

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Thu, 3. Feb 22, 01:26
DanKara wrote:
Wed, 2. Feb 22, 11:29
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:

:D I was trying to be funny. They do go higher. Most of the time for me it's been a pirate or yaki. :mrgreen:

I'm sure I mis-spelled the word. Basically those pilots held out on you and stuck there thumb at you from there noses. :P
I think the reward has to do with how far (in terms of how many sectors) from the nearest station they are when they bail, however because most of the bails I've gotten have a station in sector, I would need to test it in an empty sector.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Thu, 3. Feb 22, 19:09

Sovereign01 wrote:
Thu, 3. Feb 22, 19:02

I think the reward has to do with how far (in terms of how many sectors) from the nearest station they are when they bail, however because most of the bails I've gotten have a station in sector, I would need to test it in an empty sector.
I've already done that. In an empty sector like Desecrated Skies, astronauts just float there with no destination.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 4. Feb 22, 22:56

Jimmy C wrote:
Thu, 3. Feb 22, 19:09
Sovereign01 wrote:
Thu, 3. Feb 22, 19:02

I've already done that. In an empty sector like Desecrated Skies, astronauts just float there with no destination.
I had one bail in Xenon Hub, their destination? My HQ that I'd placed at the bottom of the sector :lol: I make a point of keeping my ships from idling near the plane of the sector, means any ships that are red won't go out of their way to have a go. The one time they did was due to my Guppy's drones attracting the attention of a Centaur Prototype. It didn't stay Argon for long! :lol: Probably won't have much use for the design as the tiny cargo bay really hurts its range unless I base it off a ship capable of carrying M6s. Like the Aran that I have under construction is nearing completion... :D

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”