Complexes made Easy?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Stardolphin
x4

Complexes made Easy?

Post by Stardolphin » Sun, 25. Jul 21, 12:19

From the description of this achievement, a complex with only one hub and 20 stations should satisfy the condition.
I have two complexes composed by 21 and 43 station, but the achievement remains unlocked.
I hired building service to construct them for me, do I need to manually construct complexes to get this achievement ? :?

Deathifier
xr

Re: Complexes made Easy?

Post by Deathifier » Sun, 25. Jul 21, 13:08

For me what triggered it was having >20 stations disconnected from a complex and building a complex hub that connected to all of them at the same time.
I needed the construction kit and a sizeable pile of extension kits, and I did it manually (I'd already placed the stations manually as well), however it worked first go whereas incrementally adding to an existing complex had not worked.

If the complex construction service has already built you a complex with enough stations they should all be in range of a manually placed hub.
If so you can disconnect the existing complex and then build your own.

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Sun, 25. Jul 21, 19:58

Yeah they need to be connected all at once ... If you build a complex of 20 bit by bit it won't trigger the success.
Note that some steam achievements just do not works like "You've been duked" or the one that asks you to free slaves.

Deathifier
xr

Post by Deathifier » Mon, 26. Jul 21, 05:06

Midnightknight wrote:
Sun, 25. Jul 21, 19:58
Yeah they need to be connected all at once ... If you build a complex of 20 bit by bit it won't trigger the success.
Note that some steam achievements just do not works like "You've been duked" or the one that asks you to free slaves.
For the releasing of slaves it does work however it tracks the number of times you've released them and not the actual number released.

See here:
[BUG] Tubman Award and Goner Diplomacy track number of releases not actual number of slaves released

The only achievement which I know does not work is "You've been duked".

Stardolphin
x4

Post by Stardolphin » Mon, 26. Jul 21, 07:32

Thanks for the information. I just found the Maze achievement has the same problem...it seems these achievements are still buggy. :(

iXenon

Post by iXenon » Mon, 7. Nov 22, 20:07

Hello, just tried to get Maze and Complexes made Easy, but no luck. I had 5 factories and 15 farms placed nearly one complex hub. Tried to connect factories one be one, then disconnected them, tried to connect at once, disconnected again, tried to connect all 20 at the same time - no result. I was in sector on Kogarasu Maru, sending commands to my TL.

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Tue, 8. Nov 22, 15:03

iXenon wrote:
Mon, 7. Nov 22, 20:07
Hello, just tried to get Maze and Complexes made Easy, but no luck. I had 5 factories and 15 farms placed nearly one complex hub. Tried to connect factories one be one, then disconnected them, tried to connect at once, disconnected again, tried to connect all 20 at the same time - no result. I was in sector on Kogarasu Maru, sending commands to my TL.
Have you tried picking up the complex-hub with an TL (with Build MK2) and replacing the hub (or using a different 'unused' Complex-Construction-Kit)?
I think it is important, that with the placement of the hub it needs to connect with 5 (or 20) stations at once (so in addition you need 1 or 16 extra Complex-Extension-Kits) in the 'new' dialog-window where you select the station: yes/no. If it does not work the first time ... reload and repeat (IRRC I needed two tries for the 20-ish).
(Sorry for bad english.)

iXenon

Post by iXenon » Tue, 15. Nov 22, 10:36

DanKara wrote:
Tue, 8. Nov 22, 15:03
Have you tried picking up the complex-hub with an TL (with Build MK2) and replacing the hub (or using a different 'unused' Complex-Construction-Kit)?
I think it is important, that with the placement of the hub it needs to connect with 5 (or 20) stations at once (so in addition you need 1 or 16 extra Complex-Extension-Kits) in the 'new' dialog-window where you select the station: yes/no. If it does not work the first time ... reload and repeat (IRRC I needed two tries for the 20-ish).
(Sorry for bad english.)
Thanks! It helped!
Once I tried to deploy the hub and connect all the stations at once, it worked. Before I tried just to add all stations to already placed hub.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”