Station Manager: Managed ship flying towards certain doom

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Da-V-Man
x4

Station Manager: Managed ship flying towards certain doom

Post by Da-V-Man » Thu, 6. May 21, 22:02

I'm not sure if this is considered bug-worthy or not, but regardless:

I have a situation in my current game where a TS home-based to a factory is being managed by a station manager. It's being sent from the Void Beta through the hub to another sector (Shores of Infinity I think?), but on the way, there is a Xenon P marauding around in the Void Alpha, and another in the Hub. Without intervention my TS will fly towards the Xenon and meet its end. If this were X3:AP (I think, it's been a while), I would have issued a command to return home via the command console or stop its current command, but that doesn't seem possible when running the station manager. I also couldn't switch into the ship and fly it away from the situation.

At first I thought the ship was stuck flying toward that P, but after some prying I was able to cancel the station manager, and then the ship command cancelled itself shortly afterwards. It seems like a roundabout way to intervene for one ship. Could it be possible instead to have the station manager prevent issuing certain commands to the ship, but allowing some (Cancel trip, return home, etc)?
These days I mainly just talk to plants and dogs,
all human contact seems painful, risky, odd,
so I stay acting god in my own X-Universe!

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”