TER Microlattice Fab [2 Designs]

Forum for sharing construction plans and loadouts.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

adeine
x4

TER Microlattice Fab [2 Designs]

Post by adeine » Sat, 10. Jun 23, 03:12

(these are largely designed for when you need insane amounts of microlattice specifically, like some of the terraforming missions)

Core sector version / No Energy Cells

Image · Image
click for more images and description

When the Segaris Pioneers started experimenting with terraforming technology Terran High Command was initially sceptical, viewing it as a potential retreading of past mistakes. It was only after promising results in Gaian Prophecy and Segaris that Sol could hesitantly be convinced to render assistance under the premise of reversing harm wrought by the Xenon. Sol's Orbital Supply Nodes soon found themselves thrown out of balance by the sudden increase in demand for metallic microlattice, a central pillar of the Pioneers' advanced terraforming machinery. This led to renewed construction of older, dedicated Microlattice Fabs in core sectors, previously on the verge of being phased out in favour of unified designs.
---

* I have no idea why imgur seems to flag the album as 18+; seems to be a new and overzealous filter. Maybe it really likes X4? :roll:

Calibrated for workforce and autonomous save for energy cells provided externally. Planning breakdown of production and habitation modules below (excluding storage):

71x Metallic Microlattice
5x TER Medical Supply
4x TER MRE
2x Protein Paste
17x TER L Living Quarters
3x TER M Living Quarters
7x TER S Living Quarters

Defensible / Self-sufficient version with Energy Cells

Image · Image
click for more images and description

If the design goal of the Fleet Ordnance Bastion was to bring the convenience of Orbital Supply Nodes to the front lines, this new design of Microlattice Fab achieves much the same for its ageing counterpart. Although limited to roughly half the production throughput of its predecessor, it is well armed and shielded and capable of fully autonomous operation. A central arcology sphere provides easy access to docks and production facilities while strategically placed capital ship docking facilities allow for additional point defence.
---

Installation planned for optimum efficiency in sectors with 100% solar irradiance. Planning breakdown except storage as follows:

38x Metallic Microlattice
2x TER MRE
1x Protein Paste
3x TER Medical Supply
11x TER Energy Cells
9x TER L Living Quarters
4x TER M Living Quarters
3x TER S Living Quarters

Attachments
TER Microlattice Fab v3 _Core_ No E-Cell_.xml
(87.29 KiB) Downloaded 156 times
TER Microlattice Fab _With E-Cell_.xml
(78.15 KiB) Downloaded 211 times

Rakeris
x4

Re: TER Microlattice Fab [2 Designs]

Post by Rakeris » Sun, 11. Jun 23, 20:06

Really cool design I like the ascetic a lot! It seems you need to have the beta (6.10) installed as it gave me an error till I opted in for some reason.

adeine
x4

Re: TER Microlattice Fab [2 Designs]

Post by adeine » Sun, 11. Jun 23, 20:56

Rakeris wrote:
Sun, 11. Jun 23, 20:06
Really cool design I like the ascetic a lot! It seems you need to have the beta (6.10) installed as it gave me an error till I opted in for some reason.
Thanks!

As a workaround, you can change the version string in the xml if you want to use them with 6.0. For some reason the game marks 6.1 build plans as incompatible with 6.0 even though there's no changes to modules or anything related.

Return to “Construction Community”