PGS Bullwark Class Defense Platform (Terran)

Forum for sharing construction plans and loadouts.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Agrefits
x4

PGS Bullwark Class Defense Platform (Terran)

Post by Agrefits » Mon, 22. May 23, 07:59

First LIVE-Feed of the newly constructed Defense Platform.

The Pegasus-13 Design Bureau has finished its construction of the new terran Defense Platform.

3D Live View: https://i.postimg.cc/zfBpKywR/Bullwark.gif
Factsheet: https://i.postimg.cc/TP409TQN/factsheet.jpg

(fully rotable in any direction when the Hexagon Pier is selected. Station can also operate as a Mooring Point for a Quick Response Fleet for up to 6 L or XL Capital Ships)

Disclaimer: I try to build between a mix aesthetically pleasing and functionally without really looking at the cost(!) while avoiding complete self sustainment (because i like having traffic on my stations). Therefore my stations are not Min-Maxed for Profits or optimized into the least detail and they often have more "unproductive" modules than necessary.

Construction Plan
PGS Bullwark Class Defense Platform.xml
(36.64 KiB) Downloaded 868 times

More Screenshots
ImageImageImage

Brinnie
x3tc

Re: PGS Bullwark Class Defense Platform (Terran)

Post by Brinnie » Sun, 28. May 23, 11:53

I am looking to build my first defence platform, which would be my second station built counting the HQ, so I am looking for some ideas.
I came across this section of the forum and it looks I have found more than I could have asked for, nice feature Egosoft.

Your station design looks really good to me and it is similar to what I had in mind for the fact that it is circular, but I was worried that the turrets would shoot at their own station. Infact that is the main reason I was looking for ideas in the first place. I could see myself designing some very elaborate plan, costly in time as well as game resources only to obtain the same result that could be achieved with a self destruct order.

I was going to ask you:

1- are the weapons clever enough to not damage the station?
2- are some weapons not ideal for this reason? I like Flaks but I understand they do area damage?
3 - are there things to keep in mind when building the station to avoid this potential "self harm"?
4 - can a similar build be done without Terran modules?
5 - has this plan seen some action?

Specifically, I see the plasma turrets pointing towards the storage units. There is a ring structure in that direction, if the enemy would approach from that direction would the turrets be capable not to hit it (the structure)?

cheers

rc1149
x4

Post by rc1149 » Sun, 28. May 23, 22:17

In general you dont need to worry about your own station shooting itself. Just assign some repair drones to it and the damage will be repaired automaticaly at no cost.
<- Entweder -------------- Oder ->

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Mon, 29. May 23, 11:20

That is good news, thanks.

Agrefits
x4

Post by Agrefits » Fri, 2. Jun 23, 22:10

Brinnie wrote:
Sun, 28. May 23, 11:53
I am looking to build my first defence platform, which would be my second station built counting the HQ, so I am looking for some ideas.
I came across this section of the forum and it looks I have found more than I could have asked for, nice feature Egosoft.

Your station design looks really good to me and it is similar to what I had in mind for the fact that it is circular, but I was worried that the turrets would shoot at their own station. Infact that is the main reason I was looking for ideas in the first place. I could see myself designing some very elaborate plan, costly in time as well as game resources only to obtain the same result that could be achieved with a self destruct order.

I was going to ask you:

1- are the weapons clever enough to not damage the station?
2- are some weapons not ideal for this reason? I like Flaks but I understand they do area damage?
3 - are there things to keep in mind when building the station to avoid this potential "self harm"?
4 - can a similar build be done without Terran modules?
5 - has this plan seen some action?

Specifically, I see the plasma turrets pointing towards the storage units. There is a ring structure in that direction, if the enemy would approach from that direction would the turrets be capable not to hit it (the structure)?

cheers
1.) Yes they are. No line of Sight -> no fireing.

2.) Imho you should not be concerned about flaks. 99,9% of the time the station fullfills it's duty in low attention without the player present, where there are absolutely no issues with AoE Flak friendly fire. Even in High Attention most bogeys get vaporized before they even come close to the structure. Friendly fire would mostly concern other Ships near the target, not the Station. Hardly had any issues while with that i either. But you can absolutely replace the flaks if you wish.

3.) Other that clipping defense Modules inside other modules - No. Build them in places where you minimze the blidspot tho

4.) Certainly could, might try some build if i find some time.

5.) See the Live Action Feedback below.

Regarding the approach from below, first of all, Xenon tend to "pull up" and everything else tends to stay on same level. and even IF something should approach from below most of the modules (3/4th of the Ring( should always have a free line of sight)

btw: The Container Storage in this built is purely cosmetic and serves no real purpose. You might delete it aswell.

But just in case you want to be sure, just place the Plot slightly below the ecliptic line and there should be no engagements feom beneath at all. :wink:

Some Live-Action Feedback. (Notice the "I" and "K" wreck in front of the Xenon Destroyer)
Image Image Image

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Sat, 3. Jun 23, 12:14

Thanks for the info.

I see the action, impressive, i gotta put one in Hatikvas Choice 3 as a welcoming committee for the Xenons visitors always showing up at the most inopportune times. It is a really good design, imho classic really vintage sci-fi, the storage might not serve a practical purpose but I wouldn't take it off as it is pleasing to the eye.

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Tue, 6. Jun 23, 02:19

Very cool design. Good pics showing it off to IMO.

Just a heads up for anyone giving this a go. You might need to edit the version number in content.xml as it could be a mismatch even if your game is up to date. Steam version is updated but the dlc content xmls still show 600 or 6.0 not the 610 or 6.10 hotfixes that took place afterwards. You may also need to edit the plans to some degree as it doesn't seem to play nice with VRO and some of the other mods. I did a quick and dirty test and it loads fine with VRO and a few other mods disabled. I assume it's the weapons loadout but I don't know.

Agrefits
x4

Post by Agrefits » Tue, 6. Jun 23, 23:02

All my Station Designs are made in a Vanilla - unmodded - savegame. I can not vouch for full functionality in modded savegames.

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Thu, 8. Jun 23, 14:55

Agrefits wrote:
Tue, 6. Jun 23, 23:02

All my Station Designs are made in a Vanilla - unmodded - savegame. I can not vouch for full functionality in modded savegames.
As it should be IMO. VRO and some other VRO like mods alter the modules like weapons engines shields. The plans are perfectly usable with mods provided you take the time to edit the plans. I should've likely hinted at a typical easy way to increase compatibility which works most of the time. If you say for example disable the extensions then load the plans and empty the loadout and resave them. This way you don't have to touch the .xml with notepad or VS. You just enable the extensions again with your new altered plans minus the loadout and you can then readd what you want. It's all fairly straight forward if you want some cool plans even the older versions that have been here for years to work with newer iterations.

SkollDrachen

Post by SkollDrachen » Tue, 9. Apr 24, 09:37

for some odd reason i cant even summon this thing.

Agrefits
x4

Post by Agrefits » Tue, 9. Apr 24, 20:42

Weird.. do you have any Mods installed or tried the troubleshooting regarding the version numbers as mentioned by Baconnaise in the post above?

If it helps, i could upload a clean version (as in empty module loadouts)

Edit: Might want to double check if you lack any blueprints? (Module and Loadout blueprints)

SkollDrachen

Post by SkollDrachen » Tue, 9. Apr 24, 21:00

i have vro and a few weapon mods installed. along with a mod that adds some additional mining stations...and i own every blueprint. might be the weaponry mods.. could you do a clean one? pretty please?

Return to “Construction Community”