Terran HQ

Forum for sharing construction plans and loadouts.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

GCU Grey Area
x4

Re: Terran HQ

Post by GCU Grey Area » Thu, 5. May 22, 17:05

palm911 wrote:
Thu, 5. May 22, 16:23
ill show you my little outposts in a bit, i started porting my miners from HQ to those instead, (i think i will need to move more to silicon than to ore)

how do you move from those trading stations to the hq AND other bases? ? using the repeat orders command?
Had M miners assigned as station traders for those mining outposts, with prices set so resources would flow in the right direction, i.e. selling price at the most distant mining outpost would be 1cr lower than the buy price at the next, which would in turn sell for 1cr higher than that, and so on, until the HQ which offered the highest buy price of all. Those prices were adjusted as needed to switch the direction of flow of resources as the HQ jumped around the map for different terraforming projects.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Fri, 6. May 22, 01:11

i started to see how that thing , amazing HQ got build, and i am speechless, what you did with the piers ,, amazing, then the habitat,,, really cool

i noticed there is no Energy cells fabs in it.

how many energy cell fabs do you use to feed the monster?

i am having a blast in seta as i write

edit how did you managed to put a M habitation inside the L habitation module? geez, ahahahaha
X gamer , one at a time.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Fri, 6. May 22, 09:40

palm911 wrote:
Fri, 6. May 22, 01:11
i noticed there is no Energy cells fabs in it.

how many energy cell fabs do you use to feed the monster?
Energy cells were produced at the mining outposts (see screenshot in earlier post). Each outpost had 32 Terran solar panels & there were 9 of them. 3 in Trinity Sanctum III, 3 in Grand Exchange I & 3 in The Void, though the outposts in The Void were mostly just transfer stations (no miners were assigned to these outposts, they were placed well above the hazardous regions simply to ensure that flightpaths through the sector would be safe for transport M's making deliveries to terraforming projects in Getsu Fune, Frontier's Edge & Atiya's Misfortune). So in total there were 288 Terran solar panels powering the monster. This was overkill, but no idea by how much.
edit how did you managed to put a M habitation inside the L habitation module? geez, ahahahaha
Essentially I used a series of basic structural elements as a form of scaffolding to create the ½ unit offset required to place an M habitation unit inside an L:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d67hthq5rkwb4 ... 1.jpg?dl=0
Incidentally, I also used a similar approach with Terran M storage modules to achieve ½ unit vertical offset for the habitation modules:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hsctvanosb41w ... 1.jpg?dl=0
Then I just delete all the scaffolding when everything's in place.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Fri, 6. May 22, 16:42

i am learning a lot of new stuff by just watching your HQ being build, and thanks for the tips,

it will be a while before i can ferry materials using M ships, as the docs are actually the S/M fabrication facilities

it is getting close to build the first XL fab facility, only way to send resources will be using piers. (the station has all the building materials and it is using a player construction vessel with 100 construction drones in it,. (it will be a couple days i think XD

this has been a revealing and fun experience, i see there is also space at the bottom of it for more container modules?
X gamer , one at a time.

HydraX
x4

Post by HydraX » Sat, 9. Jul 22, 21:10

Week in ... still building it. I have made some of my own stations and with snapping they where making me go MAD.
Tip my hat to you for making something like this!

BainHAMMER
x4

Post by BainHAMMER » Fri, 4. Nov 22, 14:31

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Fri, 6. May 22, 09:40
Essentially I used a series of basic structural elements as a form of scaffolding to create the ½ unit offset required to place an M habitation unit inside an L:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d67hthq5rkwb4 ... 1.jpg?dl=0
Incidentally, I also used a similar approach with Terran M storage modules to achieve ½ unit vertical offset for the habitation modules:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hsctvanosb41w ... 1.jpg?dl=0
Then I just delete all the scaffolding when everything's in place.
That, sir, is the greatest thing ever. I love terrans due to how easy is to supply workforce, but placing those giant rings is pain in the back, I wish I'd be smart enough to look for forums earlier. Thank you so much

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Sat, 5. Nov 22, 13:24

BainHAMMER wrote:
Fri, 4. Nov 22, 14:31
That, sir, is the greatest thing ever. I love terrans due to how easy is to supply workforce, but placing those giant rings is pain in the back, I wish I'd be smart enough to look for forums earlier. Thank you so much
Thanks, glad you found it useful. Feel free to ask if there's anything else I can help you with.

Jarclan
x4

Post by Jarclan » Fri, 17. Feb 23, 18:33

I love this design, and I've about halfway through building it in my game.

However, now I'm finding that the sector the PHQ is in becomes unusable. I tried to teleport to the HQ to access the storage locker, and I'm having so much lag that it makes it impossible to do anything.

I can live without the storage locker, but to my knowledge, you have to go into the station and talk to the boron to teleport the HQ.

Do you also experience this lag? If not, do you have any tips for me beyond getting a better PC? I have a pretty powerful CPU/GPU, so I've never had this level of lag in this game before.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Fri, 17. Feb 23, 20:00

Is it still in it's default location in Grand Exchange? Suspect that's not going to be a good sector for it due to all the asteroids.

Was not an issue while building it since every few days it was moving to a new terraforming job, getting progressively bigger at each one as the mission difficulty ramped up. In general the sectors it spent most of it's time in didn't have nearly as much stuff in them as Grand Exchange.

Suggest turning graphics settings to minimum in order to get access to the science lab & move HQ to a sector with fewer asteroids. However it is a bloody huge station, consisting of a very large number of modules. Performance is never going to be good near it.

Dj_FRedy
x4

Post by Dj_FRedy » Fri, 17. Feb 23, 22:02

If you are testing Beta 6.00 you can see an approximation of how it will impact your configuration by importing the construction plan in the architect mode (New Game / Station Design Simulator). A button has been implemented to construct the installation without resources and instantly, which is really appreciated.
This installation is a real frame-per-second eater :!:
"All my contributions to the Technical Support and Public Beta Feedback sections will be concise and to the point, no diatribes, that's what the other sections are for".
Thank you for your efforts.

HydraX
x4

Post by HydraX » Mon, 6. Mar 23, 14:52

Yup started to build in my 6.0 beta save... my 5.10 is.... well laggy bit :D btw i did add around 400+ L container to this thing since my plan is go in Leap of Faith and build up some basics as Station faming Prot... the stuff and moving it when needed.

Return to “Construction Community”