v700b529848 - Ships not honoring Automatic Resupply = OFF

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

donzi
x4

v700b529848 - Ships not honoring Automatic Resupply = OFF

Post by donzi » Thu, 25. Apr 24, 10:19

As I understand it this should prevent a ship from going for repairs.. Sorry if that is incorrect.
Also, I know there is issue with L/XL ships to an AUX ship docking, if this is related to that is unclear.

However, once issues with L/XL ships and AUX docking (L/XL turning issue IIRC) it would be nice if this issue didn't persist.

Carrier with some Destroyers, all L/XL set to "off" for 'Auto resupply/repair' as a work-around regarding their trouble docking..

They don't seem to ACK the setting. I have not tested with S/M ships to see if they will fight to the death and honor the OFF setting yet.

Image Image

Anomie
x4

Re: v700b529848 - Ships not honoring Automatic Resupply = OFF

Post by Anomie » Thu, 25. Apr 24, 19:17

I had the same problem with my ships, I had to put the supply ship in a neighbor sector so that my ships didn't constantly want to be repaired. is probably a problem that these types of ships cause. Because docking causes problems and the ships constantly want to repair because of 1% less hull. I'm doing it completely without it at the moment. The S-ships can also repair on carriers, so that's not so bad in my case.

donzi
x4

Post by donzi » Sat, 27. Apr 24, 18:30

Yes, I finally just parked my AUX ships back by my HQ to store S/M ships on.

For a time I would teleport in, allowing the distressed L/XL to dock and get it over with.. One observation it had no damage at all, but for some odd reason, changed drone configuration.

EG:
Zeus requested Supply/Repair service from the fleet AUX and removed the cargo drones and resupplied defence drones
..original loadout was 8 defence, 8 repair and 4 cargo IIRC. In any event confused why it removed the 8 cargo drones.

The AUX and/or L/XL + AUX functionality seems to have a variety of quirks.

I see these also playing HAVOK on the NPC fleets and their AUX. It's been great for ship sales though. lol. Teladi are ordering buzzards non-stop from me.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 29. Apr 24, 22:59

As I posted in my own thread, I'm actually having the exact OPPOSITE problem, with my ships (Automatic Resupply: HIGH) not returning to be repaired at all, and only very rarely (like once before it breaks again) return to rearm.

Rather than using a Support ship, such as the Nomad, I've built a STATION with an S/M Ship Maintenance Bay. In my v6.2 game, such a set-up will service all subordinate S and M-Class ships - both repair and resupply - and any roaming ships of mine (Traders, Miners) will also call in to be repaired and resupplied as needed. This station set-up is a staple of my late-game, when I have multiple front-lines. I set things up fairly early this game, to help fend off Xenon incursions into Hatikvah's Choice I. I find that lots of Fighters works far better vs. ALL classes of Xenon ships than a Destroyer patrol. Plus, in v6.2 at least, the ships return for repair and resupply automatically.

I'm actually tempted to try setting Automatic Resupply to OFF in my game, to see if that makes my ships and station actually work. I think something is perhaps broken with the setting, considering what we're seeing here.

donzi
x4

Post by donzi » Mon, 29. Apr 24, 23:08

This issue isn't about the opposite nor about station managed subordinates, another issue.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 29. Apr 24, 23:28

donzi wrote:
Mon, 29. Apr 24, 23:08
This issue isn't about the opposite nor about station managed subordinates, another issue.
Yes, but perhaps they're related as the Automatic Resupply option isn't working properly in either case. Resupply when NOT desired, and no resupply when desired. Maybe this suggest a problem with the setting is what I'm suggesting. In v6.2 this setting appears to work far more reliably for both Support ships and stations with repair/outfitting facilities.

donzi
x4

Post by donzi » Tue, 30. Apr 24, 05:18

I see your point, fair enough.

However how that stuff is (if) stiched together, I don't know..

I can't remeber for sure, but I think a carrier + fighters or maybe it was a small 3-4 fighter only group.

At any rate, the setting itself I think WAI in some situations per observations. The particular case with the AUX + L/XL just stood and was described since it failed to acheive a work-around status until a time when it's predicatble. hehe.

I was going to test a bit more on that (seeing if fighters would shun the AUX of resully @ ship/pilot level was OFF), but got carried away with playing.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”