[DUP][7.0 Beta 2] Some bailed Xenon ships need a pilot, others do not?

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Scoob
x4

[DUP][7.0 Beta 2] Some bailed Xenon ships need a pilot, others do not?

Post by Scoob » Wed, 17. Apr 24, 12:44

Hi,

I've made a few Xenon ships bail now, I've not really paid attention that much, just sent them back to my Wharf as trophies - I might actually make a dedicated station to Store them for display lol. Anyway, some of them I've needed to Claim manually - pods don't work at the moment - and then assign a Pilot in the usual way, before they can be commanded. Others however, appear to have retained their Xenon Pilot, but now loyal to me. I was wondering if this is by design, i.e. two things might happen:

Xenon "bails" and:

1) The AI Pilot is dead, requiring a new Pilot be assigned.

2) The AI pilot switches to the Player faction and the ship is ready to go.

Perhaps different models of ship behave differently, I've not forced enough to bail yet.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Re: [7.0 Beta 2] Some bailed Xenon ships need a pilot, others do not?

Post by j.harshaw » Wed, 17. Apr 24, 13:40

xenon pilots sometimes staying in their ships after they should have bailed is a known issue with beta 2. enjoy them while they last!

already fixed here. should be in a future update.

Scoob
x4

Re: [7.0 Beta 2] Some bailed Xenon ships need a pilot, others do not?

Post by Scoob » Wed, 17. Apr 24, 15:37

j.harshaw wrote:
Wed, 17. Apr 24, 13:40
xenon pilots sometimes staying in their ships after they should have bailed is a known issue with beta 2. enjoy them while they last!

already fixed here. should be in a future update.
Thanks for clarifying. So, going forward they'll need a fresh Pilot just like with a regular bail. Good to know. So far, only ONE of Xenon I made bail - A "B" Corvette - needed a Pilot assigned...

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”